Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
GuybrushThreepwood

Framing Movie Posters?

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request

Hi,

Anyone with experience in framing up movie posters? I have a few original cinema (double-side printed) posters as well as a few cheap reprints (single-side) posters that I want to frame up for my house. Thanks!

Buy frames from Ikea, cheap and easy to use.

I thk for movie poster the most relavant & realistic is light box like those in cinema.

What movies do you have?

I have been looking at Kill Bill for a long time but my wife dun like.

There are those light box that you can do via customized.

My bridal package ever offer to make a light box instead of the canvas print for additional $988

So I reckon making light box is only less than $300 since they love to mark up soo much.

Also wiring must consider in advance.

I got a friend who renovate his food stall sign board.

Maybe I check with him how much he paid.

How big is ur movie poster?? If very big also very ex. Some frame maker charge quite a hefty sum. Can easily "tok" you $300 for A2 size

U got budget?

I thk for movie poster the most relavant & realistic is light box like those in cinema.

What movies do you have?

I have been looking at Kill Bill for a long time but my wife dun like.

There are those light box that you can do via customized.

My bridal package ever offer to make a light box instead of the canvas print for additional $988

So I reckon making light box is only less than $300 since they love to mark up soo much.

Also wiring must consider in advance.

I got a friend who renovate his food stall sign board.

Maybe I check with him how much he paid.

How big is ur movie poster?? If very big also very ex. Some frame maker charge quite a hefty sum. Can easily "tok" you $300 for A2 size

U got budget?

Clementi has a shop that does framing. Maybe can approach them. Anyway, I just ordered a few posters from allposters.com sizes are 86x56cm

there is actually a very cheap way make the posters and paintings look nice, but the thing is, this method will not protect the posters against sunlight and dust. simply paste the poster on a large piece of styleform, cut out the styleform without leaving any edges. pait the side of the styleform with water colour of paint of the base colour of the poster. u dont even need to use fasterners as the styleform is light enough to be paste directly to the wall.

there is actually a very cheap way make the posters and paintings look nice, but the thing is, this method will not protect the posters against sunlight and dust. simply paste the poster on a large piece of styleform, cut out the styleform without leaving any edges. pait the side of the styleform with water colour of paint of the base colour of the poster. u dont even need to use fasterners as the styleform is light enough to be paste directly to the wall.

and it absorb sound also right?

Clementi has a shop that does framing. Maybe can approach them. Anyway, I just ordered a few posters from allposters.com sizes are 86x56cm

But movie poster looks weird with our being illuminated.

i used to have a old IKEA lamp that shine on the the poster in a cone shape.

then after 1-2 years the poster got a faded cone mark my black Alien poster.

that is very sad....

back illuminated one, light boxes are much better.

i saw a LED photo that is quite compact.

but **** ex.. ard $60 for 5R.

imagine 85 x 56 will be worse.. hahah

Edited by ejzoen