Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
hock

Home In The West

Sgk,

Thanks. yet to collect key. Long long wait to first appt in June. Yours in west?

Potatoes, thanks. Not EM lah.

Mine is at Tampines. You can click access my t-blog thru my signature at the end of my post.

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request

Mine is at Tampines. You can click access my t-blog thru my signature at the end of my post.

Sgk, saw your blog, Layout very similar. very nice house and like your study room Alot, Had some idea what to do. Thanks.

welcome to t-blog, that is a huge EA you have bought. mind sharing whereabouts in the west is it?

Hi Sleek,

Miss out your post and been busy past weeks. Location in jurong west.

jus an update for the last 2 weeks.

End May : went to Hafary @ trade hub and balestier and shop next to it think is lian seng heng. Tiles selected and comfirm.

3/jun : Arrange fsm to audit house. haizzz.... Got to change some initial design.

6/jun: Went for 1st hdb appt and 2nd appt will be on 18/7/2011... long long wait.

Some 3D deisgn to share, but changes require after fsm audit.

1. Kitchen - need to change the granite top color.

Kitchen10.jpg

2. Kitchen part 2 - Cannot hack the kitchen wall to install clear glass :( Fsm instruct to put TV at the kitchen wall side.

Kitchen12.jpg

3.Dining - Store room hack off. Replace with full height cabinet and relocate to dining area. Need to change laminate and divider.

DiningArea12.jpg

4. Common toilet - happy, no changes.

CommonToilet10.jpg

5. MBR toilet - Cannot relocate door as advise by fsm. So door and shower area back to the orginal.

MainBathroom10.jpg

cont...

6. MBR - due to unable to relocate the door for mbr toilet, wardrobe to relocate. Laminate to reselect as wifey wants more woody feel.

mb10.jpg

7. Bedroom 3 - laminate to change for dressing table and top cabinet.

Bedroom03-10.jpg

8. bedroom 2 - thinking not to build wardrobe to cut cost.

Bedroom02-10.jpg

Some advise needed on number of aircon compressor allow in hdb. Very confuse.

Was planning to build another room for my kids playroom. Hence total will have 4 bedroom + 1 playroom + living/dining room.

Am i able to install 6 aircon with 2 commpressor in hdb flat? My unit does not have any aircon ledge, does hdb allow to hang 2 compressor outside the flat or can i install 1 in the balcony?

Check my unit electrical loading in hdb wedsite, my unit was not provided with higher electrical loading, so do i need to apply to increase the loading?

TIA for any kind advise.

Some advise needed on number of aircon compressor allow in hdb. Very confuse.

Was planning to build another room for my kids playroom. Hence total will have 4 bedroom + 1 playroom + living/dining room.

Am i able to install 6 aircon with 2 commpressor in hdb flat? My unit does not have any aircon ledge, does hdb allow to hang 2 compressor outside the flat or can i install 1 in the balcony?

Check my unit electrical loading in hdb wedsite, my unit was not provided with higher electrical loading, so do i need to apply to increase the loading?

TIA for any kind advise.

It depends on the power supply to the Block. For example, my block (Blk 333 Kang Ching Road), we are allowed to install two compressors. Although at the end, I only chose System 4.

You would need to check or ask your ID or air-con sub-con to check with HDB.

It depends on the power supply to the Block. For example, my block (Blk 333 Kang Ching Road), we are allowed to install two compressors. Although at the end, I only chose System 4.

You would need to check or ask your ID or air-con sub-con to check with HDB.

Did told Id to check. Still waiting for him.

Did told Id to check. Still waiting for him.

Actually you can check yourself from HDB website.

Hey RB,

Found out there is a way to check if your block can take on 2 compressors.

HDB e-Service: Check Electrical Loading

A simple guideline is that "HDB apartment blocks completed on or after 01 Jan 1994 and flats upgraded under the Main Upgrading Programme (MUP) are provided with a higher electrical loading of 40 amps main switch. Flat owners do not need to apply for an HDB permit to install an air-conditioner or other higher capacity equipment/appliances if the flat is provided with higher electrical loading."

Was reading this:

HDB Guidelines for Electrical Works

Sorry if this is old news. :P

Thought another newbie reading this might find it useful.

My search result was:

"Your block has been provided with higher electrical loading..."

YAY! :D

HTH. :)

Edited by adidaem

Thanks. Did check from hdb web. :( flat not provided with high loading.

Actually you can check yourself from HDB website.

HTH. :)

Owner kept to their promise and shifted out early for us to start reno. Yes Yes Yes.

5 July, collected key.

6 July, open door ceremony and prayer

Today, 8 July, reno start. Horray.

FSM advise to start hacking between 7-9 am. Requested ID to go up early to help us knock knock abit. This morning 9 am when I call him to ask, he reply hacking started already. Swee.

Reno day 1 - hack hack hack

Main door

bc67ba86.jpg

Living room

bd486d54.jpg

Kitchen

58839941.jpg

Edited by hock

Thanks. Did check from hdb web. :( flat not provided with high loading.

If i am not wrong, you can still apply for a second air con system from HDB. They will approve as long as not too many other units of your block have a second system and the overall electrical load does not exceed what the main cables can take. For my case, I would really like to have more air cons, but I only found out from my ID that I could have applied to HDB for permission after the renovation process was completed.