Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
sethho

A New Lair In The West

Same person who repairs the crack if it appears in a wall. Still can fall off the wall and hurt someone if a crack appears surely.

Sure so some people are not willing to correctly maintain their property and so HDB have to lay out rules for their own good which also affects people who are able to correctly maintain their property. Another examples is not being able to cross a empty road unless the green man is showing. Gvmt liking to care for its citizens treats all like small children sometimes.

For spalling concrete HDB will repair. No cost, little hassle although still some people not bothered to get fixed.

My personal feeling is that there should be some work that owners are allowed to do but they must sign to take responsibility for maintenance and proper care. This is only for things that are unlikely to affect other home owners.

If Singapore still in wooden huts then no FT would like to come. Don't want to work in wooden office with no aircon. No wish to 'melt away' in the heat :P:D.

RB

Fully agree. There is an indemnity form that the house owner can sign upon if they want to do it. The only question is, how many willing to sign. Of course if Singapore still in wooden huts, even we will start to migrate elsewhere already :P

Anyway go back to the main topic, waiting for more pics of the reno progress and if can...the wedding photos too :P

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request

Fully agree. There is an indemnity form that the house owner can sign upon if they want to do it. The only question is, how many willing to sign.

Easy, don't sign, cannot do. HDB website doesn't make it clear you can sign the indemnity form and what works are covered by it, especially not where it lists out works that are not allowed which would seem to be the logical place to put it.

Of course if Singapore still in wooden huts, even we will start to migrate elsewhere already :P

Rumour is that is already happening ;).

Anyway go back to the main topic, waiting for more pics of the reno progress and if can...the wedding photos too :P

Yep, where are all the pics :D.

RB

when's your big day? :) must book restaurant/hotel quick leh cos that is the "rate determinating steps", sometimes you can have a few dates but all are fully booked for the restaurant/hotel of your choice. only after you make booking and confirm the date, then all other things can be planned accordingly (e.g. photo packages, actual day video).

sorry to hear about Ader's sister... hope she will get well soon! :)

Thanks marshmallow - her sis has been discharged! :good: Thank God nothing serious, but will have to go back for further checkups as there is a black spot in the MRI scan.

Haha...I dont really worry as the dinner is just a simple affair with families/relatives and close friends. Under 50pax for sure. We both hate anything too elaborate - so will keep everything simple and its just the minimum for our parents.

BTW, any good recommendation locksmith? Just need a new, simple lock for the interim till HIP begins for our block, which we will replace our main door and gate

Edited by sethho

Thanks marshmallow - her sis has been discharged! :good: Thank God nothing serious, but will have to go back for further checkups as there is a black spot in the MRI scan.

Haha...I dont really worry as the dinner is just a simple affair with families/relatives and close friends. Under 50pax for sure. We both hate anything too elaborate - so will keep everything simple and its just the minimum for our parents.

BTW, any good recommendation locksmith? Just need a new, simple lock for the interim till HIP begins for our block, which we will replace our main door and gate

speaking from experience... 50 pax is difficult to get, unless you just book a few tables at the restaurant like what we do for CNY family dinner~ :lol: but you can only book it just a short time in advance, by then you will be super busy with many other stuff and still sweating about whether you can book your dinner or not. another way is to book ROM package which allow less tables. but you can only book (usually) 3 months in advance depending on restaurant....

my search evolved from 8 tables, 5 tables, 10 tables, and eventually 15 tables :wacko:

and... sorry i dun have any locksmith to recommend. what i can help is to bump up this thread for others to see.... hahahaha :lol:

1 of the forumer recommended this uncle, maybe u can ask for more detail.locksmith

when's your big day? :) must book restaurant/hotel quick leh cos that is the "rate determinating steps", sometimes you can have a few dates but all are fully booked for the restaurant/hotel of your choice.

speaking from experience... 50 pax is difficult to get, unless you just book a few tables at the restaurant like what we do for CNY family dinner~ :lol: but you can only book it just a short time in advance, by then you will be super busy with many other stuff and still sweating about whether you can book your dinner or not. another way is to book ROM package which allow less tables. but you can only book (usually) 3 months in advance depending on restaurant....

my search evolved from 8 tables, 5 tables, 10 tables, and eventually 15 tables :wacko:

Like Seth said, our so-called "Wedding Dinner" is really just a no-frill simple dinner with family & close relatives hence we only need at max. 4 tables of 10 persons Chinese sit-down dinner. But you are so right, it's soooooooooo difficult (almost mission impossible) to find a hotel that allows dinner for 4 tables with the privacy of small function room :help: Only managed to find one but it's a boutique hotel (Gallery Hotel). Their minimum pax is 50 but I managed to negotiate for a 4-table package, but don't know how good is the hotel... scared it's really those low-standard & budget hotel :bangwall: Chinese restaurant is an alternative but gotta find one that has private function room cos it's a private event after all...we will see how ba :unsure:

only after you make booking and confirm the date, then all other things can be planned accordingly (e.g. photo packages, actual day video).

Photo shoot will only be in Oct/Nov but have already bought a package from Bliss Bridal that includes items needed for the actual day and photo shoot :)

sorry to hear about Ader's sister... hope she will get well soon! :)

Thanks Marshy. My sister is fine...was **** worried that it might be stroke, damaged blood vessels or worse, brain tumour cos there's family history of uncle who died of brian tumour from my paternity side :( But thank GOD she's fine :yamseng:

Like Seth said, our so-called "Wedding Dinner" is really just a no-frill simple dinner with family & close relatives hence we only need at max. 4 tables of 10 persons Chinese sit-down dinner. But you are so right, it's soooooooooo difficult (almost mission impossible) to find a hotel that allows dinner for 4 tables with the privacy of small function room :help: Only managed to find one but it's a boutique hotel (Gallery Hotel). Their minimum pax is 50 but I managed to negotiate for a 4-table package, but don't know how good is the hotel... scared it's really those low-standard & budget hotel :bangwall: Chinese restaurant is an alternative but gotta find one that has private function room cos it's a private event after all...we will see how ba :unsure:

What bout Nobel House, there do have function room for private events.

Edited by jaskel

Ok...some photo updates on the reno :) Went down with my mum on Tues night after visiting my sister at the hospital and took some pics...it was very dark hence pardon for the poor lighting & photography skill :P

-------------------------------------------------------

The living room and kitchen from the main entrance. As you can see the wall between the LR and kitchen is gone and LR extended in about 1m, where the white homegenous tiles ended :)

LivingRoomKitchen.jpg

The left wall of the kitchen where the cabinet will be installed. The red tiles are actually the back-splash for the cabinet. There are actually some fine line design on the tiles but can't capture the design on the camera :dunno: And the tiles look brighter and more glossy when we saw it at the tiles supplier but here it looks grainy and dull :bangwall: Hope it's becos of the dust and low light supply :huh:

KitchenLeftView.jpg

The right wall of the kitchen where the WM and fridge will be.

KitchenRightView.jpg

This is the left and the right side of the common toilet. The space is so cramp with the reno supplies lying everywhere, really difficult to take pics with full view :unsure:

The white tiles have some fine lines (yes, Seth and I are very into subtle line designs that are visible only on close-ups :P The heater will be installed on the black tiles area :)

CommonToiletLeftView.jpg

CommonToiletRightView.jpg

This is the far overview of the room toilet, where the vanity will be shifted outside the shower/toilet area and which can be assesed from the MBR and the study/guest room.

MBRToilet-Overview.jpg

A closer view of the white tiles, which have some kinda 3D effect design on it but not sure if you can see it here...and also the red mosaic tiles, which I like very much :sport-smiley-018: Wanted more of it to be put up but it's very ex and we do not want to take advantage of the contractor hence settle for a simple 3 streak in one row design :)

MBRToiletCU.jpg

MBRToiletLeftView.jpg

MBRToiletRedTilesCU.jpg

MBRToiletRedTilesVCU.jpg

MBRToiletRedTiles.jpg

congrats on the reno progress :)

as for wedding dinner, can try asking at http://porcelainhotel.com/, it's a new boutique hotel and i dont know if they even have space for functions or even somewhere like the chinese restaurants at pan pac - hai tien lo, orchard parade hotel - tung lok classics. oh if you're going for a 'western style dinner', you could always approach one of the new in restaurants and ask them how they can help you.

Photo shoot will only be in Oct/Nov but have already bought a package from Bliss Bridal that includes items needed for the actual day and photo shoot :)

Thanks Marshy. My sister is fine...was **** worried that it might be stroke, damaged blood vessels or worse, brain tumour cos there's family history of uncle who died of brian tumour from my paternity side :( But thank GOD she's fine :yamseng:

I remembered Gallery Hotel has quite good feedback, got one thread on sgbride forum on it :) just btw i enquired Park Hotel Clarke Quay before, they have a ROM package that is for 5 tables at a small function room. price wise is quite okie. not sure how good is the food, but at least the hotel is very new and nice (just opened last year) and Part Hotel is an established hotel chain niah~ :)

i have quite a numbe ofr friends with Bliss. good and practical choice :P

Thank God your sis is well~ sounds very serious leh!!!

The left wall of the kitchen where the cabinet will be installed. The red tiles are actually the back-splash for the cabinet. There are actually some fine line design on the tiles but can't capture the design on the camera :dunno: And the tiles look brighter and more glossy when we saw it at the tiles supplier but here it looks grainy and dull :bangwall: Hope it's becos of the dust and low light supply :huh:

KitchenLeftView.jpg

it's the dust ba... i thought those corners that are not so dusty do appear glossy to me~ :lol:

was just talking with hubby that in our next reno (dunno when? :P) we can have blue tiles for the backsplash, like those Ikea show kitchen... :)

Edited by marshmallow