Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
simon512

Executive Living - Sofa

That is why I always make sure it is COW Leather that I am getting ;) Anyway, I doubt EL will be able to provide a 5 year warranty for their leather sofa without exclusion clauses. If it starts peeling or cracking during the 4th and 5th year, they will argue it is fair wear and tear, so it is not covered under the warranty because YOU DID NOT TAKE PROPER CARE OF THE LEATHER BY USING THE RIGHT LEATHER CONDITIONERS PRODUCTS ETC ETC.....

Thanks Dave, you are absolutely right. Caveat Emptor.

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation

It's a good price if the seller is willing to write everything clearly, so that it is quite safe. My suggestion is just to pay a small deposit and then pay the difference if the product is delivered is what you ordered.

maxxypane

It is not a matter of paying a small deposit or a full payment here. It is the warranty card that will safeguard the consumer should things go wrong with the leather. As what EL said, you can't tell the difference between a split-leather and top grain leather, or an ox or a cowhide. So the warranty card is the ONLY protection that the consumers have here provided the company dosen't fold the next two years.

Post the warranty card here for all to read so that they get gain more business if it clearly states that it covers the leather upholstery for 5 years. 5 years warranty for structure is the norm as structure of sofas dosen't usually give way, what about the foam inside, what kind of warranty.

At the end of the day, buyers beware.

Hi EL

I do not know what you meant by Queen's english. Simple fact is that when we read a warranty card/certificate, we should read it word by word in layman's terms. Why should you hide if you think your company is so reputable, just post your warranty for all to read, it will be great and i assure you that your company will have more business. A company with a boss 'wu ta lang' and his history ih the furniture business, well, being in this industry we know more then what the public knows here.

Why call it Full Bovine Leather when you said that your company uses cowhide leather. Bovines is a subfamily in Bovidae family, you are not trying to be misleading, you are safeguarding yourself. http://in.answers.yahoo.com/question/index?qid=20080806231617AAR4pev . Bovine is so much cheaper then cowhide, and usually split leather is used. Have you tell consumers how split-leather is processed and used for sofa upholstery.

What Italian Company are you talking about "Vacggari", i google it and found nothing about this company.

My company has been around for slightly more then 10 years now, paid-up capital is SGD$500,000. What is your company history and paid-up.

I hope the public here google 'words' and 'terms' so as not just to hear what another Salesman is saying. And yes, only time will tell the quality of the leather used and the kind of company behind it. Caveat Emptor to all.

Hi Jeanius

If you were to read carefully what I posted, I meant that our warranty card and brochure is not in Queen's English. Therefore a layman will understand what is being written. I think your business is being affected greatly by EL that is why I can see where you are coming from. Sad to say that your compnay, being slightly more than 10 years in business and with half a million paid up is trying to tarnish the brand name of its competitor, doubting in the credibilty of its competitor. I can see that EL really hurts you a lot.

Please understand bovine means cow, cowlike, oxen or buffalo, you name it, am I wrong to say that its bovine leather? Furthermore you claimed that we uses split leather for our sofa sets which I think only a fool will do that if you were to stay in business for long, I am sad that you do not know these facts before posting, did you know that split leather which lacks tensile strength is not suitable for seats and back cushions cover?

Seeing all the wonderful things about Executive Living, are you green with envy? Which wu ta lang are you refering to? I am the Business Development Manager of Executive Living and I create and set the business model, which so far we are doing very well with our supportive clients support, we managed to thrive. Anyone who makes baseless accusation without substantiating it with facts in the forum, I will pull no punches. I will fight tooth and nail to overturn what has been said. Nevermind the boss, if he is a bad boss I will be affected and not you, why should you worry?

You can refer back to my earlier posting with Samtheman, he pointed out our mistakes, we corrected them. In EL, we have nothing to hide, we are always keeping an inquisitive mind and welcome any feedback and suggestions. I am very sure, action speaks louder than words. Our customers gives very good rating on EL. Our warranty card is meant for our clients, these ladies and gentleman are no fools, many of them are high net worth clients, if you think you can easily fool them into buying a sofa from you by just producing a warranty card, why dont you try to do it? HAHA maybe you are trying to trick me into posting our warranty card in the forum so that you can replicate it to use it in your business? Please do not attempt its intellectual property rights my friend.

I hope all these answers your doubt as you will be wondering why are you slapping so hard in your own face by posting unsubstantied statements and comments in EL's thread.

It's a good price if the seller is willing to write everything clearly, so that it is quite safe. My suggestion is just to pay a small deposit and then pay the difference if the product is delivered is what you ordered.

Dear maxxypane

Ultimately, its still trust that our customers will have for us. In EL we will never betray that trust. Its in my conviction, there is no Executive Living without customers.

Edited by Executiveliving

maxxypane

It is not a matter of paying a small deposit or a full payment here. It is the warranty card that will safeguard the consumer should things go wrong with the leather. As what EL said, you can't tell the difference between a split-leather and top grain leather, or an ox or a cowhide. So the warranty card is the ONLY protection that the consumers have here provided the company dosen't fold the next two years.

Post the warranty card here for all to read so that they get gain more business if it clearly states that it covers the leather upholstery for 5 years. 5 years warranty for structure is the norm as structure of sofas dosen't usually give way, what about the foam inside, what kind of warranty.

At the end of the day, buyers beware.

Hi Jeanius

Now I undertsand the term, empty vessel makes the most noise. If a company is going to fold, what does a warranty card counts? But why does a company fold? you have to understand the fundamentals behind. By the way, what you are saying over here is way out of context, you are not replying directly to maxxypane thread. You are trying to convince people not to believe in Executive Living. If we are doing things which is open and above board, do you think we will be afraid of people like you are trying so hard to demolish the trust that our customer's have in us? Buyers beware? beware from every company except yours? Is that what you are trying to say?

Hi Jeanius

If you were to read carefully what I posted, I meant that our warranty card and brochure is not in Queen's English. Therefore a layman will understand what is being written. I think your business is being affected greatly by EL that is why I can see where you are coming from. Sad to say that your compnay, being slightly more than 10 years in business and with half a million paid up is trying to tarnish the brand name of its competitor, doubting in the credibilty of its competitor. I can see that EL really hurts you a lot.

Please understand bovine means cow, cowlike, oxen or buffalo, you name it, am I wrong to say that its bovine leather? Furthermore you claimed that we uses split leather for our sofa sets which I think only a fool will do that if you were to stay in business for long, I am sad that you do not know these facts before posting, did you know that split leather which lacks tensile strength is not suitable for seats and back cushions cover?

Seeing all the wonderful things about Executive Living, are you green with envy? Which wu ta lang are you refering to? I am the Business Development Manager of Executive Living and I create and set the business model, which so far we are doing very well with our supportive clients support, we managed to thrive. Anyone who makes baseless accusation without substantiating it with facts in the forum, I will pull no punches. I will fight tooth and nail to overturn what has been said. Nevermind the boss, if he is a bad boss I will be affected and not you, why should you worry?

You can refer back to my earlier posting with Samtheman, he pointed out our mistakes, we corrected them. In EL, we have nothing to hide, we are always keeping an inquisitive mind and welcome any feedback and suggestions. I am very sure, action speaks louder than words. Our customers gives very good rating on EL. Our warranty card is meant for our clients, these ladies and gentleman are no fools, many of them are high net worth clients, if you think you can easily fool them into buying a sofa from you by just producing a warranty card, why dont you try to do it? HAHA maybe you are trying to trick me into posting our warranty card in the forum so that you can replicate it to use it in your business? Please do not attempt its intellectual property rights my friend.

I hope all these answers your doubt as you will be wondering why are you slapping so hard in your own face by posting unsubstantied statements and comments in EL's thread.

I am posting here not because our business was affected, i am posting here because our business got better because of company like you here. I am not advertising, i am telling consumers facts about leather, which they want to know more about and not one sided facts which you presented.

Bovine leather is so commonly use in Malaysia. I am just saying that if it is Cowhide leather, just say cowhide leather, don't use a term of Bovine leather if your company got nothing to hide. Retailers in Malaysia uses the term bovine leather because it is not cowhide, if it is cowhide, won't it be more authentic to use the word cowhide leather rather then 'bovine leather'.

You must be kidding me, high net-worth clients buy EL??? Oh come on, economy is bad, but not that bad for this 'high net-worth' clients. Or you have your own company's term which you classified 'high net-worth'.

Just tell all consumers here, do your Company cover 5 years warranty on their leather upholstery. if so, what are the layman conditions for this.

Thank you.

Yeah, i am slapping so hard on my face that i feel so sad that your company find it so hard to tell us if your 5 years warranty cover the leather upholstery.

To all buyers of EL leather sofas, please kindly post the warranty card for us to understand.

Hi Jeanius

Now I undertsand the term, empty vessel makes the most noise. If a company is going to fold, what does a warranty card counts? But why does a company fold? you have to understand the fundamentals behind. By the way, what you are saying over here is way out of context, you are not replying directly to maxxypane thread. You are trying to convince people not to believe in Executive Living. If we are doing things which is open and above board, do you think we will be afraid of people like you are trying so hard to demolish the trust that our customer's have in us? Buyers beware? beware from every company except yours? Is that what you are trying to say?

I am sure most will agree with me that you are the empty vessel.

All i am asking from you is that the 5 years warranty that you are so proud of that your Company is giving, DOES IT COVERS THE LEATHER UPHOLSTERY DUE TO PEELING / CRACKING AND TEARING, THAT IS ALL. You give me so much of a bull that i am envious that your company is affecting mine. My goodness, you are so pathetic.

I am trying to remain objective here. I think Jeanius has a point here but we do not need EL to post their full warranty card here as it is their right to maintain some business confidentiality especially in online forums. We only need them to post the part that says the leather is covered by a 5 years warranty. In my honest opinion, I think I would not be that bothered whether it is made from Ox or Buffalo so long as it is good quality bovine leather at a fair price.

Hi Jeanius

Sorry EL, you were never consider our competitor. We are in different league.

It is just that i want consumers to know what we meant by warranty, being in furnishing business for the past 10 years, i have yet to have read any warranty on leather upholstery for 5 years.

I am sorry that i make consumers doubt about your Company's warranty and assurance. I am sure your company will receive a lot of business answering questions on the WARRANTY.

jeanius

I am trying to remain objective here. I think Jeanius has a point here but we do not need EL to post their full warranty card here as it is their right to maintain some business confidentiality especially in online forums. We only need them to post the part that says the leather is covered by a 5 years warranty. In my honest opinion, I think I would not be that bothered whether it is made from Ox or Buffalo so long as it is good quality bovine leather at a fair price.

Honestly is the best policy in today's world of doing business. Sometimes i wonder what is wrong if you tell the customer that this is Ox, bull or buffalo leather, as you say, if it is at a fair price, why not.

But i am still insistent on the 5 years warranty, does it cover the leather upholstery, that is all. Simple question asked and answered with a lot of bull. I thought that he invited us to ask questions??

Hey Jeanius, may I know which company you work for, just in case there are potential customers here that may want to consider buying sofas from a company of a different league to EL. Please be honest here. Thanks.

Honestly is the best policy in today's world of doing business. Sometimes i wonder what is wrong if you tell the customer that this is Ox, bull or buffalo leather, as you say, if it is at a fair price, why not.

But i am still insistent on the 5 years warranty, does it cover the leather upholstery, that is all. Simple question asked and answered with a lot of bull. I thought that he invited us to ask questions??

Hi Dave, I agree with you fully. As customers, we only want piece of mind. Will EL oblige? Thanks.

What will be deemed as industrial standard for deposit. Please share. Thanks.

Hey Jenius,

Based on your last statement, your action seems to be to create unnecessary inconvenience for your fellow business fellows. Hope I'm wrong. In any case, if you are still keen to show the consumers that EL is not being too honest here, perhaps you can buy one of their sofas and post the warranty card info here once you have it in hand. Alternatively, if you so strongly believe that what EL has declared amounts to misrepresentation, perhaps you should consider reporting them to the unfair business practise bureau (if there is one). What do you think? Time to put your money where your mouth is.

Sorry EL, you were never consider our competitor. We are in different league.

It is just that i want consumers to know what we meant by warranty, being in furnishing business for the past 10 years, i have yet to have read any warranty on leather upholstery for 5 years.

I am sorry that i make consumers doubt about your Company's warranty and assurance. I am sure your company will receive a lot of business answering questions on the WARRANTY.

jeanius