Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
archenemy

Remote Controls For Lights

hi guys...im overseas now and i saw those remote control for the lights, where you can use it to activate your lights

for example...

button A on the remote will activate lights 1 & 2...

button B will activate lights 3 & 4...

button C will activate lights 5 & 6...

the problem is...i dont know how much is it selling in sgp...any kind souls can help me? just need a rough market price..

how about dimmers? how much are those?

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation

hi guys...im overseas now and i saw those remote control for the lights, where you can use it to activate your lights

for example...

the problem is...i dont know how much is it selling in sgp...any kind souls can help me? just need a rough market price..

Think About $30 - $45! I got it from Joo Chiat Place Lighting Shop before.. :sport-smiley-018:

Think About $30 - $45! I got it from Joo Chiat Place Lighting Shop before.. :sport-smiley-018:

you mean the remote control right?

Edited by archenemy

you mean the remote control right?

Yes, I used one for my bed room to control 6 down lights. ABC for each 2 lights and D for all on and all off.. :)

Yes, I used one for my bed room to control 6 down lights. ABC for each 2 lights and D for all on and all off.. :)

thanks! that was very useful info.

think i can go buy somemore since its rather cheap here...

thanks! that was very useful info.

think i can go buy somemore since its rather cheap here...

If I am not wrong, it doesnt work if you buy more than one remote control, unless you have the intention to sell the remotes or you want the extra remotes as a backup in case you lose them

If you are hoping to get more than one remote control so you can increase the number of lights you can control in your house, I think it will be a waste of money, coz it wont work as you would like it to be

Hmm... How does it works? Special bulb?

It has nothing to do with the bulb

It works via a special IC chip to be installed in your light circuits.

The remote controller activates/deactivates the IC chip which allows/cut off current flow to the lights.

You can say that this is a fairly cheap solution to get remote lightings in your house. You can retrofit to whatever you have now, but think would be better to ask the electrician to do it for you, plus also how you wanna group your lights to be controlled

Hmm... How does it works? Special bulb?

Bro Drexter

My blog has the pictures showing how it works: No need special lights, only thing is you must tell the electrician early because it needs special wiring.

http://www.renotalk.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=35996&st=622

This is the remote control device and how it controls the lights in my MBR:

grq5_992_uc4it.jpg

the remote control device costs less than $30 (in the region of $22 to $26). But, you need to pay extra to the electrician for special wiring. I remembered I paid about $100 for the device & wiring.

for example...

the remote control device costs less than $30 (in the region of $22 to $26). But, you need to pay extra to the electrician for special wiring. I remembered I paid about $100 for the device & wiring.

haiz... everything is money....

Wow..thanks for the many replies..but im actually back in sgp..haha..

Anyway i only bought 1 set to control the lights in my living room because of the number of lights..

The rest of the rooms no need cos only got 1 ceiling light!

If u install remote, do u still install the conventional manual switch on the wall?

Bro Drexter

Yes, there is a normal manual switch and this has to be switched ON for the remote control to work.