Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
AnneY

Rebuilding ? Architect Vs Builder Vs Designer

On 7/17/2011 at 11:29 PM, AnneY said:

HI Goodluck, for your reference, my architect's fee is 40K (his name is found in the Board of Arch) , PE 12K, QS 2.5K. And this is for reconstruction of a semi-d land size 3600, 2 levels, 5 bedrooms +family room, and swimming pool. So I think it is possible for get one for under 70K.

Hi Anne, could i bother you to provide me names of your builder and architect? thanks a lot.

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request
On 7/7/2011 at 3:35 PM, AnneY said:

Yes, our current builder is very experienced so if I had known them before, I guess I would consider engaging them directly if I know exactly what i wanted to do and if it is not complex. Although $40K for architect is a lot of $$, but I observed actually it is quite a lot of work for the architect so far. He met us weekly in the "design phase", and we are meeting fortnightly after construction starts. The architect did the full specifications (thick book & drawings) and managed the tender. Besides progress meetings, he has to attend to technical issues separately with the builder and engineer, and ad-hoc meetings on selecting finishes and interior.

Hi AnneY,

Hope this message finds you well. I chanced upon your blog on renotalk. I read that the builder that you have engaged is a good one.  I am currently at the stage of deciding which one (builder vs ID vs architect) to go for,  and would like to get from you the contact of the builder and architect that you have used. 

It would be great if you could share their contacts with me.

Best regards.