Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
DTX

Soft-Closing Drawer Runner

Hey guys,

Have you guys heard of DTC?

I have heard that they are known to be specialized in furniture hardware such as cabinet hinges, drawer runner and also drawer system.

Have anyone used them before? How are they compared to brand like Blum?

Have been to Excel Hardware showroom last weekend, they had displayed a range of furniture hardwares.

I was just there looking at furniture handles but end up looking at their polesystem, kitchen baskets as well.

What actually surprised me is that Panasonic do sell Automatic door and door hardware!

Never knew they sell all these items, thought they only sell electrical appliances.

Interesting though..

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation

Hey guys,

I have heard that they are known to be specialized in furniture hardware such as cabinet hinges, drawer runner and also drawer system.

Have been to Excel Hardware showroom last weekend, they had displayed a range of furniture hardwares.

I was just there looking at furniture handles but end up looking at their polesystem, kitchen baskets as well.

What actually surprised me is that Panasonic do sell Automatic door and door hardware!

Never knew they sell all these items, thought they only sell electrical appliances.

Interesting though..

where Excel Hardware showroom at?

where Excel Hardware showroom at?

Hi littlejun,

They are located at Northlink Building on level 3.. They are using an automatic sliding door entrance.

Shouldn't be too hard to locate.

Cheers!

Hey guys,

Interesting though..

I thought of using their DTC-S10 ranges of soft closing drawers, but my carpenter told me that he had a few complaints from customers using them after a year. DTC-S10 is definitely a cheaper choice than using BLUM, just dunno about their quality. Have anyone use them ? Any reviews?

the 1 i am having now is brand-less, comes with the cabinets (ID provided) which i dont think is good

it like a bit not so smooth sliding and the runner like "drop colour"

is those look like stainless steel type but looks very ugly now

so i am exploring others like blum for my new house

just ask ID, he said will cost like $50+/- for a set of runner

so if you have more drawer = more cost :o

is this DTC more expensive than blum?

Edited by babytan

the 1 i am having now is brand-less, comes with the cabinets (ID provided) which i dont think is good

Its cheaper. Just $23 plus minus, depends on depth.

Hinge

HH003 (Comes in 2 sizes, 16mm or 19mm, depending on wood)

http://www.excelhw.com.sg/store/hh003n.htm

Drawer soft closing

DTC-S10 series. Depending on depth (450mm, 500mm, 600mm, etc).

http://www.excelhw.com.sg/store/catalogsearch/result/?q=dtc-s10&x=0&y=0

I thought of using their DTC-S10 ranges of soft closing drawers, but my carpenter told me that he had a few complaints from customers using them after a year. DTC-S10 is definitely a cheaper choice than using BLUM, just dunno about their quality. Have anyone use them ? Any reviews?

Hi Drexter,

Thanks for your info on this. What complaints do your carpenter received?

Maybe you can share with us about it as my friend is thinking of getting it installed for his new house.

Totally no brand at all? This is bad..

Did the ID charge you additional for the brandless soft-closing drawer runner?

DTC is almost half the price of blum.

Perhaps we can wait for more reviews on this and probably you can try it out for your new house.

cheers!

Hi Drexter,

Thanks for your info on this. What complaints do your carpenter received?

Maybe you can share with us about it as my friend is thinking of getting it installed for his new house.

A year later, the soft closing does not work as well.

No more suction at the last part of the closing.

Closing of drawers getting louder.

PS: However, he mentioned that I can still use their hinges as they are cheap and easily replaceable(they have lifetime warranty for their hinges). Whereas for drawers, cannot replace easily.

In addition, I think it is better to spend a bit more now than having problems later on. Can you imagine after a year and the soft closing drawers starts to malfunction? It's a pain to fix it.

I just got the price list from Blum and went to their showroom. It is quite impressive, I would want to get them as they come with 20 years warranty. ..

The price are also quite reasonable for Europe made product come with 20 years warranty.

I just got the price list from Blum and went to their showroom. It is quite impressive, I would want to get them as they come with 20 years warranty. ..

The price are also quite reasonable for Europe made product come with 20 years warranty.

Care to share the price list? How much does a column of 3 drawers cost minimum?

Yes, could you share the pricelist with us? Pretty impressive that they come with 20years warranty.

Many brands in the market have shifted their manufacturing plant to China and also some other countries like Taiwan and Vietnam.

Understand that Blum is an European brand, are all of their products made from Europe as well?

Its worth considering over using it though...

In addition, I think it is better to spend a bit more now than having problems later on. Can you imagine after a year and the soft closing drawers starts to malfunction? It's a pain to fix it.

Just one year and the soft-closing effect isnt working anymore?!

That's pretty bad. I was told by Excel staff that DTC is a new brand that their company carries in Singapore.

True, we wouldn't want to be changing the runners every year.. =x