Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
stardust205

~ Home Of The Pisceans ~

Juz came back home, after a day of painting @ new hse.

So tired.. :wacko: Hahaha..

But its almost done already, and furnitures, electrical applicances will all come in on this coming Sat !!

super excited!! :sport-smiley-004::sport-smiley-004:

Edited by stardust205

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request

It is tiring work.. one dun save much actually.. hah

Well bro, at least you will be sure that the paints you're using are the genuine and quality ones right?

But still I do admire your effort. Its a very tiring process that gives me nightmares when I paint my existing house. Wouldn't want to do that again..

Ganbatte yo! ^^V

Thanks.. When we get to see ur t-blog? coming soon? :dancingqueen:

Well bro, at least you will be sure that the paints you're using are the genuine and quality ones right?

But still I do admire your effort. Its a very tiring process that gives me nightmares when I paint my existing house. Wouldn't want to do that again..

Ganbatte yo! ^^V

Plastering (week 2)

The workers took 3 days to plaster the whole house - all walls and ceilings.. except for the kitchen & toilets walls (which are tiled)

plastering4rockstone.jpg

## The ex-owner had the whole house painted with 'rock-stone' effect. :( We couldn't stand it, esp me !! LOL

So no choice.. Had to spend $$ to plaster the whole house.

img0577j.jpg

## At a corner of the kitchen ceiling, due to water leakage.. Fortunately not to the extent of water seeping thru.

img0658es.jpg

img0656np.jpg

img0654da.jpg

Edited by stardust205

<con't> Plastering

The plastering workers worked quite late into 2 nights..

While I applauded them for the speed & hard work, the workmanship left much to be desired. :(

img0663nl.jpg

## Left out the edges around one of the doors

img0665qy.jpg

## Edges along all the door frames poorly done

img0671l.jpg

## We later had a tough time scrapping the plaster off the window frames.. Probably that is normal workmanship?

Feedback to contractor about the poor standard of plastering, and he got his workers to come back to touch-up. But his workers still missed out the edges along one of the rooms' door. :bangwall: Initially I wanted them to come touch-up again.. but in the end, we decided to just 'close one eye' since it is not that obvious.

Edited by stardust205

Change Windows rollers and latches

Some of the original windows latches are rusty and not working so well. Initially we wanted to just change the few affected latches, but due to the special price offered by the window contractor, we changed all the rollers and latches anyway.

The uncle said we got the special price cuz we are Mr Lee's (our reno contractor) clients. I think we saved nearly a hundred bucks. :good:

Turned out that both of them are actually good friends who often go for tea together :lol:

We might engage his service again when we want to install window grills.

img0170gt.jpg

## the workers have to take down each of the window panels in order to install that white rubber rollers

img0171jq.jpg

But I was disappointed to learn that after changing all the latches and rollers, we still get the screeching sounds sometimes when I slide the windows.. :o I was told by the window contractor that it is becos the original window metal tracks were poorly installed in the first place and at some points the windows frames scratched against each other during opening/closing.

I always thought my parents' house sliding windows are of better quality; at least the windows were not as 'light-weight' as ours!

What to do.. No budget to re-do all our windows.. :(

Just have to live with the screeching sound problem.

Edited by stardust205

1st coat of Paint (sealant)

With the help of my FIL and brother-in-law, me & WTB spent a whole Sunday painting the house with white sealant.

Selant is neccessary to make the subsequent coats of paints stick, as we had plastered all our walls and ceilings.

r40v.jpg

r42i.jpg

r39t.jpg

## painted the wall behind the yet-to-be-installed kitchen cabinet too. Was advised it helps in keeping away pests

r41i.jpg

Our house has gotten so WHITE !! (my fav color) :thumbs up:

so 'Apple'.. :D

img0686j.jpg

Edited by stardust205

1st coat of Paint (sealant)

With the help of my FIL and brother-in-law, me & WTB spent a whole Sunday painting the house with white sealant.

Selant is neccessary to make the subsequent coats of paints stick, as we had plastered all our walls and ceilings.

r40v.jpg

r42i.jpg

r39t.jpg

## painted the wall behind the yet-to-be-installed kitchen cabinet too. Was advised it helps in keeping away pests

r41i.jpg

Our house has gotten so WHITE !! (my fav color) :thumbs up:

so 'Apple'.. :D

img0686j.jpg

I admire u. Painting your own house! I will really love to do that. Next time round I will likely do that too so I can feel more warmth in my place.

Hey boyblunder, thks for dropping by!

Yeah.. the more sweat you put into it, the more you feel for it. Juz like the army route-march or SOC. :lol:

I admire u. Painting your own house! I will really love to do that. Next time round I will likely do that too so I can feel more warmth in my place.

Floor Laminating (week 2)

"OMO" (one-man-operation). The worker from Vista spent 3 days doing up the flooring for my living hall, dining, store-room and 3 bedrooms.

Here are the pics!

img0692xp.jpg

img0697v.jpg

img0699he.jpg

img0695w.jpg

img0724x.jpg

## There was a big gap (about 1cm) around all the door frames. Feedback to the worker and he commented such a big gap is necessary to cater to the expansion of laminated pranks, esp the sq area of my flooring is quite big.. Hmm.. we are no experts to laminated flooring so I guess we just have to take his word for it. :dunno:

I also found out that someone else in RT also in same scenario (and his supplier is different from ours)

It also later dawned on us that the laminated flooring at the main door kerb might be damaged during town council monthly water-cleaning of common areas. :unsure:

you know.. those water guns used by the HDB cleaning contractor are super strong..

Asked our contractor to tile-up the kerb area but he going to charge us additional $200 since he need to get his tiling workers to come down again.

So much for just that small area?! :jawdrop:

Haiz.. In the end, we decided to just take our chances and not change anything.

We also managed to get quite alot of pranks from the Vista supplier as backup, FOC, in case we might want to do repair in future.

Edited by stardust205