Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
stardust205

~ Home Of The Pisceans ~

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request

Tiling & Installation of Plasterboards (week 1)

After the demolition, came the tiling of kitchen floor tiles and installing plasterboards which took 2 days to complete.

img0630l.jpg

img0638ck.jpg

## I was shocked to see the washer machine base was constructed in the wrong location! :jawdrop: I actually wanted it more to the right, just beside the toilet door.. as I was concerned having it too on the left will make the cooking/laundry space too confined.. In the end, I decided to just make-do since rest of the floor tiles are already laid.

But on 2nd thots, the current location wasn't too bad either - at least the water discharge pipe & wall hole (original state) will be blocked from view by the washing machine. :)

img0641b.jpg

## Thanksfully, our contractor advised us to look to town council to change the kitchen main pipe, in which part of the cost can be subsidised. :D 2 contractors we spoke to earlier actually wanted to charge us $600-800 for changing the pipe when the town council appointed plumber only charged us $200!

b4aftmbrwall.jpg

## The old aircon casement window and the uneven wall surface @ MBR is now gone!

b4aftmaindoorwall.jpg

## Also installed platerboard behind main door.. to block the old window grills in which its window was already blocked out from outside by HDB

Edited by stardust205

Hi Stardust,

Saw that u are using Vista Laminate flooring..

Can share with mi how much your contractor quote?

What did your contractor comment on Vista Laminate?

Thanks in advance :rolleyes:

Hiya Creamie,

I've forgotten the psf.. :P

My contractor quoted us $3850 for laminating the living, dining halls, store-rm and the 3 bedrooms. Perhaps u can do a rough est. of the area from the floorplan.

He said that Vista is good of course, since he only let us choose btw 2 suppliers (the other one is Power Dekor) :D

I can't really comment on the durability as I only just got it installed. Workmanship seems okay.

Hi Stardust,

Saw that u are using Vista Laminate flooring..

Can share with mi how much your contractor quote?

What did your contractor comment on Vista Laminate?

Thanks in advance :rolleyes:

Edited by stardust205

Designing the Kitchen Cabinet

"Vibrant", "Simple" & "High-Gloss" are the characteristics we want for our 44-ft kitchen cabinet.

I proposed the Apple Green color while the 'alternate color scheme' is WTB's idea. :paint:

Initially I was concerned on how the 'alternate color scheme' would turn out.. but glad we went for it in the end. It is something different from the usual 'bottom cabinets-color A; top cabinets-color B' design. :sport-smiley-018:

And to give a color contrast to the white, green cabinets, WTB chose a black solid-surface table top.

Frosted Glass for cabinet doors below sink

WTB was worried that laminated wooden doors will be damaged by water over time, which had happened in her parents' place. Our contractor wasn't so keen on our idea, citing things placed inside the cabinet would be visible and hence gave a messy look.. as frosted glass is translucent. We decided to go for it anyway. At most, use a white sheet of paper to cover the frosted glass from inside :P

kitccol.jpg

## Our contractor came out with the drawing, and we simply fill in the colors. :paint:

No 3D modelling, just a simple hand-drawn pict :)

Slide-out cabinet

WTB was pretty excited to want one drawer installed with the slide-out stainless steel rack (as shown in below pic but twice as tall). But after considering the added costs (+$700), and high chance of the sliding mechanism going to get spoilt due to constant load weighing on the sliders.. we decided to abort the idea in the end.

214cc.jpg

Edited by stardust205

Removing old Wire Trunkings (week 1)

We won't be rewiring the whole hse and my FIL and bro-in-law are helping us on the electrical portion (relocate/add electrical pts, change all switches & sockets, install new lights). We spent 2 Sundays removing (or should I say, ripping off) all the existing wire-trunkings.

r33r.jpg

## According to my FIL, the wiring done by ex-owner was very messy and dangerous. He did stuffs like tapping electricity for lights and sockets from the same wire which is prohibited.. and also not joining wires via proper method (merely using black tape)

img0689rh.jpg

img0711u.jpg

## Me and WTB also happily pasting labels on the locations where we plan to have our switches at. :sport-smiley-004:Know what our diagram stands for? :P

Edited by stardust205

wow

u are very detailed

we just let the electrician decide

and probably have to live with their decisions forever! :P

hi west,

In the end, alot of stuffs we wanted, didn't turn out as we had planned. :( :(

I will share more in the later entries.. Haiz..

Hope urs will turn out fine, which I believe so! ;)

wow

u are very detailed

we just let the electrician decide

and probably have to live with their decisions forever! :P

I love the view and balcony too! I want to have a swinging chair there n snack on my durian! Yummy n shiok while enjoying the breeze...

You sound like a pro to do yr electrical wiring yrself! :dancingqueen:

Thks for the compliments! I like your 'breeze' part, but not the 'durian'! :wacko: (me one of the minority whom don't know how to appreciate durians.. :P )

Hahaha..

My future FIL is the pro. Me juz his helper. :lol:

I love the view and balcony too! I want to have a swinging chair there n snack on my durian! Yummy n shiok while enjoying the breeze...

Edited by stardust205

Oh btw, we're having a swing chair alrite. :D

Initial plan was to put it in the balcony, but later we decided to hang it up in the living hall instead. :yamseng:

Edited by stardust205