Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
Cornball

Documenting Our Journey Of Our Loveshack

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request

Im not sure if it's too early but we havent even finalised our contractor and consequently the design and yet we went to the Robinson's private sale today and bought bedsheets (two sets), quilt, towels and even a pair of scanpan scissors (blue color) and a scanpan knife (red color)! Haha..

Im not sure if it's too early but we havent even finalised our contractor and consequently the design and yet we went to the Robinson's private sale today and bought bedsheets (two sets), quilt, towels and even a pair of scanpan scissors (blue color) and a scanpan knife (red color)! Haha..

Haha congrats on ur purchase! Seeing the cheap price is really irresistable..

Take it from me, you can never have too many bedsheets or towels! :D

Good call on the Scanpan knives. I've got a set of three and they work like a dream. I cut everything from whole chickens to stubborn root vegetables with those same knives! I'm a cheap chef! ;)

Mayer got warehouse sale today meh...

That's all you got? No washer, dryer, hood or oven??

Did you see the KitchenAid mixer on sale?

Kitchenaid-Mixer-Colors1.jpg

Didnt see anything else that we liked. Didnt feel like buying a built-in oven.

Saw the kitchenaid stuff but we dont use that.

id like to seek some advice and opinion here.

Im thinking of giving my would-be neighbours (three of them) a fruit basket or something before hacking begins. Is that too gay?

Also thinking of leaving a card with both our names and numbers. Do you think they'll call us and complain if the noise gets too loud? Haha.

Personally I would give a courtesy call to my immediate neighbors (left, right and directly below), to get acquainted as well as to infd them of the intended reno. If u dun feel comfy wif leaving down ur contact, juz let them knw tt they could convey msg to u thru the ID or contractor in-charge if there's anything pertaining to the reno. Dun need to go to the extend of fruit baskets or anything ;)

Edited by Rover

I gave my next door, upstairs and downstairs neighbours some cakes and personally informed them that my reno is starting...

They are all v friendly. :)

As for leaving your phone number, I dunno what is the practice with private housing, but with HDB, there is a notice outside with your ID's number which the neighbours can call if there is an issue. So the person who applies for the permit will need to provide their phone number.

Hi friends, I havent been updating as Ive been busy with work and all.

Anyway, we managed to check out some shops in Park Mall, including Veillux (where i think i found my living room's standing lamp) and also Bo Concept.

I wasnt thinking of updating because I was too lazy to upload the pictures but two things happened at home today.

My dad, in his immense strength or whatever, pull the bi-fold door in his room's washroom off the rails. Some contraption came out and i was kinda lazy to fix it and i thought i could leave it to a later date.

Then a couple of hours later, I wanted to shower in the other bathroom and i PULLED OFF THE HANDLE OF THE SHOWER MIXER!!!! The water kept flowing and there was no way to turn it off until i used a spanner to turn the broken off part. I was naked and desperate!

IMG-20110828-00432.jpg

So i immediately called one of the contractors whom im auditioning to see if he can fix it for me tomorrow.

Kwa kwa.