Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
Mery

Frameless Glass Partition for Study Room

Hi CJG,

I have a glass swing door as my kitchen door and a sliding glass door for the study room.

For me I prefer the top hung sliding door because it does not take additonal space to stay open. The contractor uses a false board on top because the glass cannot go all the way up to the ceiling(limited height of glass). It also hides all the tracks.

Another thing is that you can have a big entrance too :wacko:

Swing door ...i recommend tat u decide one either push or pull only because I feel the hinges may wear out more easily..

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request

Oh just saw the questions CJG, sorry I took so long to reply.

I feel that it is quite heavy when I try to slide and there are a few of my guests who bang into the glass door because they thought there is nothing in front of it. Rather guilty about it :wacko::)

I will post a picture of the glass wall with the hidden tracks. Let me go and find my camera.

img01957pd.th.jpg

The top hung tracks :wacko:

Hmm redtail, in my personal opinion,

Glass:

Advantage: can see through so you will know who is in the kitchen... Also makes the area look spacious. don't need find a suitable door color to match.

Disadvantage: Higher maintenance. have to wipe when there are finger prints and a thin layer of dust particles. Also may have to wipe when u deep fry and theres a lot of smoke..the glass turn foggy. Its quite noticeable.

Wood: Lower maintenance. Also if the kitchen is in a mess, just hide it and close the door! :)

May look crammed. Just like for my case. If I use a wooden door, it will be thicker then the glass. So when it is in opened position (u can see my reno blog), can't imagine how it will look like.

Hi kanegan,

You mean stickers? then when I wipe the glass with detergent, these will be ruined in no time leh..

I don't like the slide door. I prefer to have a 2 door open. Just the normal door but two..I don't know how to explain the door but I'm sure it's very normally seen in the house but don't know if you like. They have a big entrance too because it pool safety.

Edited by jameskingama123