Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
sunnytan31

Damage Bathroom Floor Tiles.,, Help!

Hi all, pls help me, how can I restore the original look? I suspect I had removed and washed away the tiles protection layer. Any tiles sealer or protection coat available in the market whereby I can diy back the coating?

Originally my bathroom flooring looks like this...

P1040877.JPG

But after I wash these floor tiles with a Stain Remover from Giant, is becomes like this.... Not matter how many times I wash and scrub, it still the same...

No more shine and visible whitish layer when its dry... =(

P1040876.JPG

The Stain Remover I referring to is this...

P1040879.JPG

P1040880.JPG

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation

oh my, the stain remover is scary!

not possible to DIY. Especially for bathroom floor which is always wet.

even the tile paint at hardware shop are meant for wall tiles only which is not exposed to so much mositure and "stepping on"

can try those tile spray paint companies. they use a primer + epoxy spray paint.

Found this article might be useful to me... Hopefully..

http://www.thetiledoctor.com/maintenance/sealingtile.cfm

CERAMIC

The first step in maintenance is the sealing of the tile (if necessary) and the grout (if necessary). Generally, glazed tile requires no sealer. Some unglazed tile requires no sealer. Know the type of tile you are installing. Test it with a small amount of water. If the surface darkens, it absorbs water and needs to be sealed.

Edited by sunnytan31

Hi all, pls help me, how can I restore the original look? I suspect I had removed and washed away the tiles protection layer. Any tiles sealer or protection coat available in the market whereby I can diy back the coating?

Originally my bathroom flooring looks like this...

P1040877.JPG

But after I wash these floor tiles with a Stain Remover from Giant, is becomes like this.... Not matter how many times I wash and scrub, it still the same...

No more shine and visible whitish layer when its dry... =(

P1040876.JPG

The Stain Remover I referring to is this...

P1040879.JPG

P1040880.JPG

Oh no! The brown bottle again! I bought the brown bottle some years back, not Giant brand. Used it for the toilet bowl and guess what? The white porcelain was completely eroded leaving a rough and raw finish and there is no way to restore.

http://70wood.blogspot.com

Edited by 70wood

FINALLY!!! I managed to restore my bathroom tile to original look, after coating 4 to 5 layer of water sealer...

Before

P1040876.JPG

After

IMG_3628.JPG

THANKS TO....

IMG_3633.JPG

AND

Paint%252520Brush.jpg

Nevertheless, I haven't take shower on it. Cross fingers, hope this is permanent... =D

Edited by sunnytan31

Congrats! That's a good tip. Next time, don't use bleach product on any tiles unless it's been diluted by at least 50%! I made the same mistake too.

Another safer option to remove stains is non-chlorine bleach which is based on oxygen. I sometimes use my Vanish Power O2 (for laundry stain) on the floor stain and it works too! :)

Congrats from me as well. I used to bring in a similar product from Fort Worth Texas when Singapore's first MRT line was being built, and used to coat the granite stones before they were being laid. I didn't know it can do tile restoration so well. Maybe I should not have given up the product.

Hi dear today i come back to read this forum and i found this post it's really nice and informative i really like it and i want to say that there are many shops in market which sale excellent quality tiles for your home use and for your bath and any place whatever you want i recommend a shop which name is Dubai's Tiles go to there and buy your desirable tile..

Edited by Christopher07

Hi TS, May I the previous floor tile is NON- SLIP type? If yes, after One coat water seal.. its still non-slip? Thank you

Edited by Yoyonys