Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
Tatty Darus

My Bathroom Is Causing Leakage To My Neighbour Downstairs

Hi there ,

Need some advise regarding toilet problems.

Yesterday a HDB officer come over and told me that my toilet was causing leakage to my neighbour downstairs.

I moved in about 2++ yrs ago and renovated the whole hse including the 2 toilets. Waterpoofing was also done.

This was my 2nd time doing reno.I still have the warranty that covers all wet works for 5 years.The officer has also confirm that I did apply for a permit to have all reno approved and done.

My question is :

How can I be sure that my neighbour's leakage problem is directly cause by my bathroom and not by HDB ?

How do I know if HDB actually did a check to see the actual cause ?

I wonder if they actually did send a contractor to my neighbour's place to access the problem.

Coz all the officer did was take a look at my toilet and said it's confirm that the leakage is coming from my home.

No other checks was done, he just took some photos and that's it.

I have taken some photos at my neighbour's house. Can anyone confirm just by looking at the pixs that the problem is

from my toilet ?

DSC08303.jpg

DSC08302.jpg

DSC08301.jpg

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request

when there is a leak. Confirm is from direct upstair.

Since your reno is only 2 yrs and you did toilet too.

So.. normal wear and tear from HDB is out of question.

Normally for wear and tear, HDB will bear 50% of the cost out of good well and the balance will be share by up and down neigiour , 25 - 25%. That's happen to my MIL.

You better try to contact your contractor. Ask them to value their warranty.

Hi,

If HDB has came over to access the leakage, they should have already checked your downstairs neighbour's toilet.

With your pics, it's quite obvious the leakage is from the unit above it.

Please get the reno done soon with the HDB contractor, otherwise it will cause more damage to your neighbour.

not so nice la...

Thks guys for the advise. :yamseng:

The HDb officer said , if I don't do it soon, I might spread to the neighbour below my neighbour ? Is that even possible ?

It's just that I wasn't given any proper documentation to justify the cause is indeed from my toilet.

My mum has the same problem , when she consulted HDB , they said it wasn't the upstairs neighbour fault and not HDB fault as well. So who's fault ? Kinda weird huh ? :curse:

Anyways , thank goodness my ID is still with the reno company and he took a look at my toilet just now. And he told me that all the pipings were installed by following HDB guidelines. Went to neighbour's hse, but they were not home.

My ID said if confirm it is indeed from my unit due to their worksmanship or error, they will bear the cost.Coz my warranty is for 5 yrs . PHEW ~~

I hope this can be over and done with coz I don't wish to create any unplesantless to my neighbour too.Plus Hari Raya is around the corner...cialat !! :o

I wld hate it if it happens to me too.

It is important to determine if the ceiling leak found at your neighbour's house happens only after your id has undertaken the job. If all things point to thus, he may have to remove all existing materials and redo the floor again. It is no doubt that the leak is cause by your floor, but it is not true in this instance that if the problem is not rectified, it will spread to another neighbour below. What bull**** is the hdb officer talking about? If that can be true, you can also blame the neighbour above you for the cause of the leak.

http://70wood.blogspot.com

Edited by 70wood