Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
bbbbbb128

Home @ Bedok

hi guys

i am getting the keys to my resale 4I at Bedok in 1 month time. now brain storming for ideas and looking for ID or contractors. the condition is very original so there will be lot of reno works.

i had thought about the list of stuffs to be done

house theme - comtempary black and white, glossy surface, clean lines cupboard

living (refer to drawing)

floor - marble polish

wall - polish, re paint

window- keep, stick privacy flim

add window blinds

cabinet along the corridoor window - custom made

TV console - custom made

celling fan

fake celling L box with down light

computer room (refer to drawing)

table along wall - custom made

cabinet along the corridoor window - custom made

Wardrobe - custom sliding door with one panel pull open

wall - polish, re paint

floor - marble polish

window- keep, stick privacy flim

add window blinds

celling fan

fake celling L box with down light for table side

air con

change door

master bedroom

Wardrobe - custom sliding door with one panel pull open

wall - polish, re paint

floor - marble polish

window- change to push open type, stick privacy flim

add window blinds

celling fan

air con

change door

yu zhe room

Wardrobe - custom (not confirm)

wall - polish, re paint

floor - marble polish

window- change to push open type, stick privacy flim

add window blinds

celling fan

air con

change door

kitchen

change eveything

floor hack, change tile

wall polish

window change all, stick privacy flim

kitchen cabinet do everything in black and white theme (to decide need to lift from floor)

toliet (WC)

change eveything

floor + wall hack, change tile

bath room

change eveything

floor + wall hack, change tile

utility room

no change (status quo)

things need to buy

sofa (sea horse brand)

TV (40 inch)

fridge

washing machine

bed x 1 (king size)

bed frame x 2 (king size + super single size)

sofa bed (@ computer room)

dining table x 1 + chairsx 4

chairs for computer room & yu zhe room( can be same as dining table chairs) x 3

bedside table( master bedroom)

small cupboard+bookshelf for yu zhe room stuffs/books/toys

drawer chest x 1 (master room)

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request

here is the floor plan and draft planning

we have a small boy so he will most likely be sleeping with us for the next few years.

we would like to have a room for study/computer for both me and my wife.

it had 2 small toilet one for WC one for bathing

any advice or tips from fellow bros and sis are greatly appreciated as i am kinda stuck

with ideas now.

thanks

Bedok4I.jpg

and here is my initial planning using floorplanner

floorplanner.jpg

here is the floor plan and draft planning

we have a small boy so he will most likely be sleeping with us for the next few years.

Bedok4I.jpg

Just a suggestion: since you have 1 kid, could you demolish the walls to the common bedroom closest to the kitchen? Then, you could expand your living / dining space quite considerably. After all, with just 1 kid, you really only need 1 extra bedroom for your son to use when he's older.

As you son gets older, you will need more living space (trust me, I have 2 kids of my own!). He'll need space to play and grow (and I assume you're not going to keep him confined to the nursery / bedroom till he's in primary school... :rolleyes: ). And boys need a lot of space to play and grow!

do u have to seperate the toilet? looks kinda small if you do that..

hi diva

yes the original toilet is separated, 1 bathroom and 1 WC. it look small and narrow and ugly

i had plans to hack the wall but but my wife prefer to have it separated for convenience.

Just a suggestion: since you have 1 kid, could you demolish the walls to the common bedroom closest to the kitchen? Then, you could expand your living / dining space quite considerably. After all, with just 1 kid, you really only need 1 extra bedroom for your son to use when he's older.

As you son gets older, you will need more living space (trust me, I have 2 kids of my own!). He'll need space to play and grow (and I assume you're not going to keep him confined to the nursery / bedroom till he's in primary school... :rolleyes: ). And boys need a lot of space to play and grow!

hi

yes i am planning to hack that room beside the kitchen away.. just not sure what i will do with it.

i understand that the black beam are not able to hack..

does that mean that if i hack that room away i still be left with the 2 black beams in the photo ??

another concern is that we need a room to place our study table for me and my wife

1 master bed room is just for sleeping. 1 room is for kid and 1 room is for my 2x computer table. i am ok with open concept study but dunno where to put the computer tables so maybe better to leave the wall as it is

Bedok4Iwallhack.jpg

Edited by bbbbbb128

hi all

i might be handling my work renovation coordination work.

i had group the work to a few list below

can i ask anyone handle their renovation coordination work before to advise which should of the following should be done in the right order?

- hacking of Kitchen and toliet tiles (changing wall and floor tiles)

- kitchen works (plumbling works)

- Lbox and lightings (living and bed rooms)

- changing doors and window (whole house include kitchen)

- capentary work (whole house include kitchen)

- electricity wiring and cable works

- painting

- marble polish

many thanks

hi all

after another visit to the flat, a little change of plan now.

we decide to hack the whole house floor tiles and change to homogenous tiles.

here is the quote we got from a contractor.

feel free to comment.

thanks

Reno Items S$

To hack whole house floor and wall tiles 3,200

To lay homogenus tiles with skirting @living & 3 bedroom 5,160

To lay floor tiles with waterproofing at kitchen 1,800

To lay wall tiles at kitchen 2,800

To construct cement base for cabinet, washing machine & fridge 650

To lay 2 toilet floor tiles with waterproofing 1,200

To lay 2 toilet wall tiles 1,700

To change copper pipe to whole house 780

To supply and install WC 350

To supply and install basin with tap 250

To install 1 heater (supply by owner) 60

To install sink and sink tap (supply by owner) 80

To replace one rubbish chute 180

To plastering whole house 1,900

To supply & install L-shape false ceiling **** room 900

To supply & install L-shape false ceiling at 3 bedroom 1,110

To supply & install fire rated door 1,100

To supply & install 3 x timpok door at 3 bedrooms 840

To supply & install 3 x door frame at 3 bedroom 750

To supply & instaklk wrought iron gate 400

To supply & install kitchen cabinet with laminate finishing (18ft) 2,800

To supply & install solid surface table top at kitchen cabinet 1,450

To supply & install wardrobe with laminate finishing at bedroom 1 (6ft) 1,200

To supply & install wardrobe with laminate finishing at bedroom 2 (6ft) 1,200

To supply & install wardrobe with laminate finishing at bedroom 3 (5ft) 1,000

To supply & install aluminium with PVC sliding door at kitchen entrance 620

To supply & install aluminium with PVC bi-fold door at 2 toilet 500

To paint sealer & ICI paint at whole house 1,700

Electrical estimation 2,600

Estimate Total 38,280

Hi fellow bedokian. we have similar floor plan. U may check my post to steal some ideas.

thanks for the post ..

really nice reno you have there

35k with design and good workmanship, its great deal

my gf is missy fussy. not a easy person to please. want cheap want good workmanship want fast

8| as a result i always headache and stress :sport-smiley-018:

list of ID/contractor i had spoke to :notti:

1. contractor - gf sis good friend :dunno:

all the while we had planned to let him handle our home, as he had help my gf with her previous home. he is my gf sis good friend, had a good reputation for workmanship and timely delivery. my gf always very insistent to let him do and dun like all other ID/contractor. but after 2 times meet up with him. i find him to be old fashion contractor. the home that he showed us is like what my current house 20 year old renovation. i find his laminate all wood design and out dated, if we were to engage him, i will need to handle all the design work as he is only a contractor. all the questions i ask him, he always nod his head or smile at me. i feel he is old fashion in design and i am not confident he can deliver the new age modern theme. even though his quote is very comprehensive include everything is 41k+, at such a high price i rather engage a ID to do.

2. ideal design :unsure:

meetup with a guy from ideal design. he is nice guy to talk to. not bad with design and ideas. his quote is too very good with all the premier items like blum, $3.20 tiles, no gst, abs, AC4 laminate, etc. almost too good to be true. his quote does not have company letterhead so decide to check out more on this company. turn out this company change name before. had some bad reviews. i like the guy but i dun really trust the company.

3. HX designer guys ;)

now the guy that i spoke to is andrew student. he is nice and honest guy. i feel comfortable to talk and discus with him ideals and design. even though he is quite new, he does give me the assurance that he will do a good job for me and i trust him. i almost decide to let him do the job despite he is still quite new i guess. his quotation is a bit on the high side and there are few items missing like main gate, fire rated door, etc. added these few items in will be almost 40k.

4. J from inside living :good: :good: :deal:

i guess everyone know who i am talking about. she is like the super star of the forum, everyone asking for her contact. i first call her and she seem like she is in a rush and very busy. she said she will call me in the night but she did not so i assume she is too busy to handle my project. but few days later she suddenly sms me to meetup. i was quite surprise and happy that a forum super star agree to meet me. during the meeting with her i can really feel that she want to form a long term relationship with me and the house and not just a hit and run job. its almost like it is her own home. i always want to build a long table in the study room, all the ID and contractor i spoke to just say ok. but she is different, she tell me i cannot do the long table, in future i will have problems changing it to a bed room. and i agree with her, something that all the id i spoke to never point it out. i guess its her long working experience that stand out. some how she gave me the feeling that she can handle my home without any problem.

5. w from summit :good: :good:

now W from summit is also another superstar in the forum. his response is very fast. and he and his team got quite a lot of good reviews and photos from this forum. first meet up with him and can see he is also very experience and plan with us very detail. i trust that he can do a great job for me. he did say that my budget of 35k is too little sure will exceed so i expect his quote to be quite expensive. he is organised and detailed. he really did read the email i sent him with all the list i want to do. he is good but some how i feel that it maybe sales talk as i don't trust people too easily. he seem to be a serious person maybe we just don't click or no chemistry hehe.

hi all

i am looking for a good and reliable contractor to re-varnish or change damaged parquet for 3 bedrooms

it will be best if he can do marble polish and bath tub repair as i will be doing these as well

not really looking for a ID as it is a minor job

thanks all

Hi fellow bedokian. we have similar floor plan. U may check my post to steal some ideas.

Hi Advancer, i'm also one of the bedokian. saw that your masterbedroom toilet was extended out.

wanted to have the same idea, but a few contractor was told me. can only extended out as a dry area. how u manage to get the approval from HDB ?

Thank you !

Hi Advancer, i'm also one of the bedokian. saw that your masterbedroom toilet was extended out.

wanted to have the same idea, but a few contractor was told me. can only extended out as a dry area. how u manage to get the approval from HDB ?

Thank you !

Hi yes u are correct, can only extend as dry area. That is what i did exactly, the basin was install in the dry area. What they meant was the extended area can't be use for showering. So my shower screen is still set up within the original toilet area. Hope u understand what i was saying.

Anyway HDB rule is can only extend out by 60cm, which is quite miserable. If u and your contractor don't mind going against the book, u can actually extend it out further more.