Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
paladin

Transparent Coloured Paper For Lightings?

Hi,

We've a few T5 light tubes that is cool white. But after installing, it does not have the effect we want and the shop is not willing to let us change.

One method is to use a colour paper to paste over the tube, to make it orangy look (warm white).

Can anyone recommend this kind of coloured paper?

Thank you!

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request

don't you think it might make the light look like something for a party in the old day

Hi,

We've a few T5 light tubes that is cool white. But after installing, it does not have the effect we want and the shop is not willing to let us change.

One method is to use a colour paper to paste over the tube, to make it orangy look (warm white).

Can anyone recommend this kind of coloured paper?

Thank you!

Edited by rayfox

It might not be very safe to paste paper over it because the bulb does get hot when turned on and you might accidentally burn the paper or start a fire. Best to just buy some new bulbs and keep the cool white one as "spare"?

don't you think it might make the light look like something for a party in the old day

Hi, T5 are light tubes that are hidden from your eyes. You would only see the light and not the tubes. Its specially for cove lightings where people only want the light to be bounced on the ceiling to give nice effect.

Thus it will not look like any party lights. =)

It might not be very safe to paste paper over it because the bulb does get hot when turned on and you might accidentally burn the paper or start a fire. Best to just buy some new bulbs and keep the cool white one as "spare"?

Hi, thank you for your reminder!

Yah, i will not paste onto the tube itself. Will leave a gap or do my own casement for the colour paper.

Do you have any recommendations on what kind of paper to buy? =)

I think best might be those mahjong paper type? like those on ikea's lamps? it will turn yellowish soon after awhile... do try and keep it at least 4 inch or so away from the bulb... or else might just catch fire due to heat radiation even when not on bulb itself... better be safe than sorry. :D

Can try go Art Friends at Bouna Vista MRT Station Basement shops. Creativity goes wild while you're in there :)

Happy DIY!

I think best might be those mahjong paper type? like those on ikea's lamps? it will turn yellowish soon after awhile... do try and keep it at least 4 inch or so away from the bulb... or else might just catch fire due to heat radiation even when not on bulb itself... better be safe than sorry. :D

Can try go Art Friends at Bouna Vista MRT Station Basement shops. Creativity goes wild while you're in there :)

Happy DIY!

White or coloured rice paper meant for Japanese lanterns will be ideal

Can buy from flower, gift or book shops

I have done it myself and the results is fantastic, subdued lighting at a low cost.

Edited by fierydragon