Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
shawncck

Any Way To Counter Mirror Black Patches?

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request

Not sure about what black patch you are talking about, but coating behind cheap mirrors often drops. I have this problem with mirrors from Sim Siang Choon. No good at all, every mirror they change for me has this problem very quickly.

I understand from my ID the mirror will turn black in time due to moisture around the mirror edge...

I dunno how to counter this... My id say is not worth for him to put a frame round the mirror cos is going to cost me money and no guarantee it wont turn black...

Ayukie... u know where to get those framed kind mirror??? Is not easy to get the size i wanted...

I understand from my ID the mirror will turn black in time due to moisture around the mirror edge...

I dunno how to counter this... My id say is not worth for him to put a frame round the mirror cos is going to cost me money and no guarantee it wont turn black...

Ayukie... u know where to get those framed kind mirror??? Is not easy to get the size i wanted...

i saw some at budget bathroom but nt very big size kind .. its framed by stainless steel looks v nice but erm im nt sure if they have big boig size mirror ...

i saw some at budget bathroom but nt very big size kind .. its framed by stainless steel looks v nice but erm im nt sure if they have big boig size mirror ...

Where is budget bathroom?? Any website??

No solution to the mirror problem here too and am interested to know if anyone has one. What I did with my previous place was to buy those cheap IKEA mirrors. When the black patches formed I simply changed it. I only went through two mirrors during 6 years of use for the bathroom that was used everyday. My kitchen bathroom was mainly used to wash clothes, and no black patches formed throughout the 6 years.

No solution to the mirror problem here too and am interested to know if anyone has one. What I did with my previous place was to buy those cheap IKEA mirrors. When the black patches formed I simply changed it. I only went through two mirrors during 6 years of use for the bathroom that was used everyday. My kitchen bathroom was mainly used to wash clothes, and no black patches formed throughout the 6 years.

Did u buy frameless ikea mirror??? Can tell me how u hung the mirror??? hook with a nail on wall or stick directly??

Tell your ID that you want a bathroom mirror. lol

:sport-smiley-004:

what u need to do is ask them to paste a stickers behind the coating for the moist going in and attacking it. How much it cost. Depends on ur contractors or ID. I do FOC if the client requested for. :yamseng:

Tell your ID that you want a bathroom mirror. lol

:sport-smiley-004:

what u need to do is ask them to paste a stickers behind the coating for the moist going in and attacking it. How much it cost. Depends on ur contractors or ID. I do FOC if the client requested for. :yamseng:

He say the method they do is to use adhesive to paste it to the wall... What sticker are u referring to?

Paste where?? After pasting, use what to stick to the wall??

He say the method they do is to use adhesive to paste it to the wall... What sticker are u referring to?

Paste where?? After pasting, use what to stick to the wall??

By sticking the sticker, the mirror wont turn black??? Hope to get a clearer pic... Thanks..

Mercury on mirror is water sensitive, a long as u can keep it dry, everything will be ok. after installing the mirror make sure u have sillicone applied to the sides n NEVER spray water at mirror to clean it, just wipe the surface with damp cloth

Mercury on mirror is water sensitive, a long as u can keep it dry, everything will be ok. after installing the mirror make sure u have sillicone applied to the sides n NEVER spray water at mirror to clean it, just wipe the surface with damp cloth

So do we use adhesive to paste on the wall?? If not what do we use to paste the mirror?

After that use silicone on side.... Do we need to paste sticker at the back??

So do we use adhesive to paste on the wall?? If not what do we use to paste the mirror?

After that use silicone on side.... Do we need to paste sticker at the back??

Buy industrial glue use for mounting mirror , ask around in DIY / self-fix it shop.