Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
evo5555

What Is The Standard Height Of Wardrobe For Condo...

hi,,, question to fellow experienced renovaters.. :) my ID told me standard height of wardrobe carpentry is 8ft tall... i wanted to do a higher wardrobe cos my ceiling is quite high.. which is abt 3Meter.. he mentioned, normally if above 8ft tall, i have to add $$$ as the wood cost increased..

but having said tat, wasn't carpentry work cost is measured by the length of cabinet instead of the height?

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request

Hi evo,

Standard ht is 8ft, if u gonna do higher of cos ur contractor needs to add $$ for sure. More materials , more workmanship. Don't worry about that. What u should worry is how much he quoted you. :yamseng:

Hi evo,

Standard ht is 8ft, if u gonna do higher of cos ur contractor needs to add $$ for sure. More materials , more workmanship. Don't worry about that. What u should worry is how much he quoted you. :yamseng:

Yes, i agreed with this. and it is true that for condo, the full length wardrobe is more expensive than HDB as the height is longer. The standard size is indeed $8ft, which means they'll need 2 pieces of woods to make your wardrobe instead of 1. But ultimately, still the final quote is more important. I engaged a Msian contractor, 3 full length wardrobes, 1 full length TV feature wall with console, kitchen cabinets and table top, also toilet cabinet and table top, total $11k, the cheapest I could find. My previous carpenter in SG quoted me close to $20k.

Btw mine is also a condo.

Edited by musicbox

Not sure if we are being chopped like carrot.

I also do full ht wardrobes (9.5ft tall because my unit is at 2nd storey).

1) Total wardrobe length about 16ft altogether for the 3 bedrooms.

2) I am also doing study table (8ft + 5ft long) in 2 of the bedrooms and overhang cabinets (8ft long) above the study table in the bedroom.

3) There is also a full ht cupboard cum shoe cabinet (5 ft long) next to the door and

4) a full ht TV cum storage cupboard (12 ft) long at the living room.

5) 20ft long kitchen cabinet (top and bottom) with solid top.

6) 2 cabinets below the wash basins in the 2 bathrooms

7) remove bathtub and make good.

8) change wash basin at common toilet.

9) polish marble floor and parquet floor

10) painting of whole house.

total 28k.

forget to mention all carpentry has coloured internal.

Not sure if we are being chopped like carrot.

I also do full ht wardrobes (9.5ft tall because my unit is at 2nd storey).

1) Total wardrobe length about 16ft altogether for the 3 bedrooms.

2) I am also doing study table (8ft + 5ft long) in 2 of the bedrooms and overhang cabinets (8ft long) above the study table in the bedroom.

3) There is also a full ht cupboard cum shoe cabinet (5 ft long) next to the door and

4) a full ht TV cum storage cupboard (12 ft) long at the living room.

5) 20ft long kitchen cabinet (top and bottom) with solid top.

6) 2 cabinets below the wash basins in the 2 bathrooms

7) remove bathtub and make good.

8) change wash basin at common toilet.

9) polish marble floor and parquet floor

10) painting of whole house.

total 28k.

forget to mention all carpentry has coloured internal.

Did yr carpenter give you an itemized quote? Otherwise very hard to tell if there are carrots.

the first carpenter i engaged also quoted me $22k, i then decided to do away the cabinet in study room and engaged another carpenter then spent only $11k.

the first carpenter i engaged also quoted me $22k, i then decided to do away the cabinet in study room and engaged another carpenter then spent only $11k.

From 22k to 11k?

How come the price dropped so much? Is it trustworthy?

From 22k to 11k?

How come the price dropped so much? Is it trustworthy?

I less out the hanging cabinet in my study room and I engaged the carpenter from Msia. I've done my reno last year and moved in for a year. The only problem with them is always late for meeting, lucky i only waited them once, the second time my main contractor waited them for an hour.

I less out the hanging cabinet in my study room and I engaged the carpenter from Msia. I've done my reno last year and moved in for a year. The only problem with them is always late for meeting, lucky i only waited them once, the second time my main contractor waited them for an hour.

seems pricing is good, are the quality good till now?

Edited by espec

Normally condo height is 2.7- 3m. Plywood and laminate normally comes in 4x8ft . Unless you select the type of laminate that is 4x10ft-13ft which is more expensive and colour very very limited.Contractor usuallly will charge you $30-40/ftr for wardrobe beyond 8ft height.