Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
snaem85

Where Thou Art, That Is Home

windows are up! and electricians are in the midst of doing their magic. :paint: :paint:

the unit sure looks so much different after changing the windows.

P1050672.jpgfrosted glass with white powder coated frames

P1050673.jpgthe reason we chose frosted glass is due to the fact our unit is facing a multistorey carpark

P1050671.jpggreen tinted glass with white powder coated frames

P1050676.jpg

mr electrician playing with the wires

Edited by snaem85

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation

windows are up! and electricians are in the midst of doing their magic. :paint: :paint:

Hi. Didn't know that the windown can be changed. The original is the brown aluminium frame with brown tinted glass right?

:-) i just bought an unit at bedok reservoir view too and 1st appt in 3rd week of Oct. My ID says DBSS cannot change the window colour leh.

Hi. Didn't know that the windown can be changed. The original is the brown aluminium frame with brown tinted glass right?

:-) i just bought an unit at bedok reservoir view too and 1st appt in 3rd week of Oct. My ID says DBSS cannot change the window colour leh.

congrats on ur purchase!!

between u have yet to go for 1st appt, already have ID? thats fast! :)

on a separate now, as extracted from the permit (prior to this, i didnt know that change window also need permit) -

"Advisory Note: To preserve the aesthetic appearance of the block, you are advised to replace the windows with similar colour scheme and proportion as the orignal HDB window design."

they stated that it is advised, not a must. so no worries! :) between i see many other units around the area with white windows too.

so which block will u be at?

Windows is one of those things HDB will be very anal about and definitely need a permit. They are afraid we engage Ah Tee Ah Kow anyhow change, not accredited, the whole window fall off and kill someone.

Windows is one of those things HDB will be very anal about and definitely need a permit. They are afraid we engage Ah Tee Ah Kow anyhow change, not accredited, the whole window fall off and kill someone.

in short, everything is about money. getting permit, need money. become accredited contractor, need money. beat around the best, but still get money. our gah-men are clever ppl!! :bangwall: :bangwall:

For normal HDB, I think no problem to change to powder coated type. But I could not get approved for changing casement type for foyer..... Hdb feels it is not safe. For condo, it is definitely a no no ..... Everyone must standardized. I think DBSS type is treated the same as condo...... No fun leh :(

should i go for laminated skirting or tiles skirting?

or living use tiles skirting and room use laminated skirting since my rooms are laminated flooring?

what do u guys think?

Personally my house my living use tiles but no skirting and room i use laminated skirting..

Btw just out of curiosity i wonder anyone here that did reno with ID, Have they mention based on the design and concept they done up and if u follow closely to the furnishing u have a chance to be put up on the magazine like home & decor etc for feature and reviews on your house because its something different from the rest & unique..

Edited by JX83

If you have tiles, then use tile skirting. Laminates use laminate skirting. If you mix both will be very funny. My tiles in the kitchen has no skirting. Give you live example...

Laminated skirting

026bdd51.jpg

The only place with tiles but laminate skirting. **** not match, can?! Happened because the laminate company went to hack off my original tiled skirting and laminate the store room. Who needs laminates in the store room. So we ask them to make it right, so they removed the laminates AND the skirting! OMG. no skirting and it was v ugly. So we had to call them again to make good their mistake. this was the end result. As you can see they left some marks behind on the wall, but since it was only the store room, we're not too bothered.

71382b7d.jpg

Edited by strikingreality

Personally my house my living use tiles but no skirting and room i use laminated skirting..

that seems a feasible idea. but no skirting wouldn't it look weird?

If you have tiles, then use tile skirting. Laminates use laminate skirting. If you mix both will be very funny. My tiles in the kitchen has no skirting. Give you live example...

Laminated skirting

026bdd51.jpg

The only place with tiles but laminate skirting. **** not match, can?! Happened because the laminate company went to hack off my original tiled skirting and laminate the store room. Who needs laminates in the store room. So we ask them to make it right, so they removed the laminates AND the skirting! OMG. no skirting and it was v ugly. So we had to call them again to make good their mistake. this was the end result. As you can see they left some marks behind on the wall, but since it was only the store room, we're not too bothered.

71382b7d.jpg

i was thinking like that too. room = laminated skirting since using laminated flooring. living = tiles skirting since using tiles too.

thanks for the response! :)

dropped by our place earlier. the tilers were busy doing their job even on a saturday. happy to see some progress! :dancingqueen: :dancingqueen:

P1050679.jpg

halfway done with the wall

P1050678.jpg

toilets almost done

P1050683.jpgcabinet base almost done. he was also using some laser thingy (i don't know for what. haha!)

P1050685.jpg

busy mixing the sand and the cement

P1050684.jpgmy 'boss' taking a shot of her crocs shoe or the living room tiles? :furious: :furious:

Edited by snaem85