Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
pooh

Homogenous tiles?

Hi,

I'm new to renovation and I would like to check, are homogenous tiles normally glossy and shiny?

No, like I asked in my post above you, I am choosing homogenous tiles that are matt and with texture.

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation
Hi all, just to gather opinions. I plan to have the same homo tiles from kitchen to dining to living and bedrooms. Thus, i cannot use shiny/glossy type of tiles. have to use matt and with a bit of texture so that it will not be too slippery when mopping the floor. Reason being, my mum is 70+ and i don't want her to fall down while mopping the floor.

Will it be too weird to have non glossy tiles in living room and bedrooms?

Please advise

Hi May, we seen a lot of matt design homo tiles and personally i dun feel its weird cos theres really a lot of different ones to chose from..

only thing is design wise, its better to chose different design between kitchen and rooms...

Hi May, we seen a lot of matt design homo tiles and personally i dun feel its weird cos theres really a lot of different ones to chose from..

only thing is design wise, its better to chose different design between kitchen and rooms...

Hmmm but my kitchen is open concept. Won't it be weird also to have different tiles for kitchen and dining when the island is in between both??

anyone know what is the cost to polish homo tiles?

I hv received a few quotations from both IDs/Contractors:

600x600 Polished Homogenous Tiles c/w skirting

Supply & Lay ranging from $5.50 psf to $8.50 psf, (Tile ranging from $2.50 to $3.50 psf)

I hv received a few quotations from both IDs/Contractors:

600x600 Polished Homogenous Tiles c/w skirting

Supply & Lay ranging from $5.50 psf to $8.50 psf, (Tile ranging from $2.50 to $3.50 psf)

hi st96

y is the range is so far apart

hi st96

y is the range is so far apart

Agreed.

Higher rate - they claimed using W1 chemical added to the cement/mortar, and $3.50 psf tiles and rounded top edge for the tile skirting.....

Lower rate - they might not using W1, and $2.50 psf tiles and timber skirting .....

As the range is far apart, it makes my evaluation more difficult, sigh !

is $5.50 include of timber skirting

thanks

Yes. But please do take note that this is only one of items quoted by a small timer contractor.

Quantity (floor area) is another pricing factor to be considered.

During evaluation, we must see the quotation as a whole rather than single out just one item only.

Yes. But please do take note that this is only one of items quoted by a small timer contractor.

Quantity (floor area) is another pricing factor to be considered.

During evaluation, we must see the quotation as a whole rather than single out just one item only.

I asked my shortlist of IDs and they all quote me homo tiles that are from china.. Went down to hafary to take a peek and the sales staff also say their tiles are all from china.. Can i ask for Italian tiles? Heard that Italian tiles are of higher grade and quality.. Comments?

I asked my shortlist of IDs and they all quote me homo tiles that are from china.. Went down to hafary to take a peek and the sales staff also say their tiles are all from china.. Can i ask for Italian tiles? Heard that Italian tiles are of higher grade and quality.. Comments?

Not stated using China tiles in the quotations. Instead, quotations stated the material (tile) cost, size, & polished or unpolished, say at $3.00 or $3.50 psf.

I think it they shld not stop you to choose Italian tiles, you only need to top up the $$ difference.

Can you imagine your airfare to fly to China and to Italy? Italy tiles may be on higher cost but not necessary be the quality is better as alot of cost has gone to Freighting. Besides, alot of Euro manufacturer has shifted their plant to the Asia and many in China. So are you saying that tiles that produce in China which manufacturer is Italy own no good or it is still a Italy made tiles? Nothing is impossible. No offence but I think its a bias statement. Just to highlight, I no supporter for China product but neutral. Just commenting my know-what that's all

The price of tiles will not tell exactly where it comes from. There are many other country that product similar tiles, like thailand and indonesia. I've no comment over price of Spain and Italy tiles, but you will probably be paying more for freighting cost for tiles that manufacture directly from Spain and Italy. I think we should look at the quality and finishes that suit us than looking at the country of original unless we are brand conscious

surely believe the labor cost in italy will be much much higher..

i guess the tile costing $3 from china would be same quality as tiles costing $6 from italy!

I went to Rice at Eng Watt street. They are selling Italian tiles but the price is steep, either $11/psf or $80/sqm. The tiles are good quality and nice but it's out of my budget to spend so much for HDB flat which at the end of the day, the flat still beongs to government.