Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
Quartz

Platform Bed Frame: Pu Vs Fabric?

Hello people! My question is as stated in the topic title; what would be a better option as a platform bed frame, PU or Fabric finish?

Hopefully some of you experts can guide me on what are the pros and cons to each?

Thank you in advance! :D

Edit: If I were to get a PU white platform bed frame, would it turn yellowish easily? I'm only considering between black and white colour for either material.

Edited by Quartz

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation

PU - Easy to clean. I can wipe off stains with a wet tissue.

Fabric - Fabric absorb stains, hard to clean. If you have kids, fabric is not recommeded. Fabric beds "Tio" bed bugs more easily than metal and PU beds in Singapore too.

I am more of a practical person, and super scared of bed bugs, so my current platform bed frame is PU type.

Hi forgotten! I don't have kids yet! I'm still pretty young, just that I'm moving into a new house with my own room, Haha. I was actually thinking of getting a black velvet fabric for the bed frame. Bed bugs would even affect platform bed frames? I thought its in the mattresses itself?

Hi forgotten! I don't have kids yet! I'm still pretty young, just that I'm moving into a new house with my own room, Haha. I was actually thinking of getting a black velvet fabric for the bed frame. Bed bugs would even affect platform bed frames? I thought its in the mattresses itself?

Yes, Bedbegs like to live in fabric. I read it somewhere. You can google about bedbugs' online and learn more about their "hobbies".

Some bedsheets and mattresses at hotels tio bedbugs, then the bedbugs can migrate to our homes through our clothes in our luggages :bangwall:

PU - Easy to clean. I can wipe off stains with a wet tissue.

Fabric - Fabric absorb stains, hard to clean. If you have kids, fabric is not recommeded. Fabric beds "Tio" bed bugs more easily than metal and PU beds in Singapore too.

I am more of a practical person, and super scared of bed bugs, so my current platform bed frame is PU type.

yeap i totally agree with u , not only bed bug , will get dust mite from fabric too

Can anyone help me with this?

Discolouration is not going to be the problem but PU may deteriorate and become a sticky mass in 1-2 years.

If I were you, I would go for PVC or Fabric.

Discolouration is not going to be the problem but PU may deteriorate and become a sticky mass in 1-2 years.

If I were you, I would go for PVC or Fabric.

Wouldn't PVC deteriorate as well?

As for Fabric, most people says that it is very hard to maintain. So its really hard to decide between either of them.

Wouldn't PVC deteriorate as well?

As for Fabric, most people says that it is very hard to maintain. So its really hard to decide between either of them.

PVC tends to be more stable.