Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
jopej

H.o.m.e. @ Serangoon North

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation

Photos with Lights on... Luv my dining crystal lights most... What a great buy...

Dining

Picture024.jpg

Picture023.jpg

Your dining lights looks nice.. may I know where did you get it and how much? :D

Hi swiper,

I got the lights from a person (wendy) who does groupbuy. I saw a similar one at lightings.com.sg at ard $1000. Lucky wendy managed to get this for me at only $350. :yeah: :yeah: :yeah:

I quite like the lights at lightings.com.sg too. Price quite reasonable... but my hb like this more... after seeing it being fixed, i totally agree...

if u are interested, u can contact her at wendychia70@yahoo.com.... hope u can get something u like too...

Hi swiper,

My switch to the crystal light was not up yet. I could not turn it on. Will take some photos when the switch is ready.. :-)

I need advice. Can anyone help?

I am doing up my hse to my best effort. But what about the outside of my hse?? Mine is a door-door unit. Lift level. The lift lobby serves my neighbour and my family only. The wall colour is blue, which i dun like but cant change. The wall is very uneven.

To make it worse, My neighbours have potted planted, some dried and dead, place along both side of the lift lobby.. as if he own the whole place.. i dun like the sight of all these. wat shld i do or can i do to improve all these???

Anyone has similar encounter???? any advice???

I am so mad with myself and my contractor.

I think I am blind. I never see the choice of pure white in the Nippon colour book. I chose Lily White, thinking its the whitest available and emailed to my contractor who never read my question to him (Is lily white the whitest?) and went ahead to paint all my ceiling and walls with lily white........ Now I am so mad.. i need to pay extra just to have them white after paying $1400 for my 4rm flat.....

If i can settle with just repainting my ceiling for living room and kitchen white, my contractor will absorb the additional charges. Otherwise, I have to pay extra for labour plus new paint.... I am so so so so mad,,,,,,,,,,

Can anyone give me advise????????????????????????????

I have attach some photos of my hse paint work.......

Hi, so what happened finally? Did you get the contractor to repaint all the walls and ceilings? And you didn't like Lily white because it's different colour from your false ceiling?

Yar, it's sad that we are at the mercy of the contractors. Maybe it's my work that i tend to be more careful with emailing and texting. When i ask a question, it will not contain an answer for the person. In this way, he will have to reply. We learn new things every day....

Don't worry. it will be a blessing in disguise.

I need advice. Can anyone help?

I am doing up my hse to my best effort. But what about the outside of my hse?? Mine is a door-door unit. Lift level. The lift lobby serves my neighbour and my family only. The wall colour is blue, which i dun like but cant change. The wall is very uneven.

To make it worse, My neighbours have potted planted, some dried and dead, place along both side of the lift lobby.. as if he own the whole place.. i dun like the sight of all these. wat shld i do or can i do to improve all these???

Anyone has similar encounter???? any advice???

Mind taking a photo?

1. Regarding painting your outside wall colors, you can at most ask your painters to repaint an exact blue on the walls. At least your home walls would look new and nicer. Although, actually you have to get a permit for that....

2. With the new blue, you would sort of mark the territory between your neighbours' and your house. So when visitors come, they won't be affected by your neighbours potters.

3. Before you request your neighbours to remove the plants, you have to build a relationship first and find out how they are. Never ruin your relationship with your neighbours or you'll regret your days staying at your new place. It's really not worth it.

That's the sad things living in HDB where HDB allows plants to be grown along the corridors except that it will be removed if there is evidence of poor maintenance and risk of dengue mosquitoes breeding. the owner will be seriously fined as well.....

Hi Serangoon4room,

My contractor promised to repaint only my ceiling for my living, dining and kitchen, not the walls and not the room ceiling. If I wan the rest as well, I hav to pay more. So sad. I m not willing to pay more. Already paid so much. My earliest budget for reno is 20k, now already became 35k. Cannot expand anymore. :-(

The pipes was my contractor's suggestion. He say nice if choose black tiles n paint black pipes. Quite happy with it too. :-)

Hi Serangoon4room,

My contractor promised to repaint only my ceiling for my living, dining and kitchen, not the walls and not the room ceiling. If I wan the rest as well, I hav to pay more. So sad. I m not willing to pay more. Already paid so much. My earliest budget for reno is 20k, now already became 35k. Cannot expand anymore. :-(

The pipes was my contractor's suggestion. He say nice if choose black tiles n paint black pipes. Quite happy with it too. :-)

My understanding is that the contract would have stated clearly that repainting works includes the whole house walls & ceiling, isn't it?

Sounds weird if only paint certain walls and ceiling...

repainting

Oh no.. Potatoes, there was a miscom between contractor and me.. he painted by whole hse using a wrong colour. but it was partly by fault and partly his.. so he only going to repaint by ceilings in the living room, dining and kitchen.. its a rework... :-(

I jus went best industrial to choose door... wasted so much time with a sales lady who does not know much... after my hb got impatient.. another lady came forward and in less than a minute, showed us exactly what we wanted... so crappy... jus wasted so much time...

all we wanted was a bedroom door that looks plain and simple, no pattern. with medium brown colour.. like those in condo.. but wat they have are mainly with designs... she keep saying wat we wanted is too basic, they dun put on display... crap.. the other lady jus take 1 min to show us.... lucky, at least we got wat we wanted... :-)