Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
dcool

My I-Pad

Hi Everyone,

Here is a blog for the journey of mine on finding the home for me and my dog. After viewing several units in the west, i finally decided on this high floor unit in Teban Gardens.

Floorplan.jpg

Here is original condition

DSCF0023-1.jpg

DSCF0022-1.jpg

DSCF0030-1.jpg

DSCF0026-1.jpg

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation

Granite flooring but....its got to go..

DSCF0025-1.jpg

DSCF0027-1.jpg

Common Toilet with huge pipes

DSCF0024-1.jpg

Iron wrought grills for all the windows...they got to go... hate having the caged up feeling

DSCF0031-1.jpg

The unit was actually a rented out so the condition was quite bad...

Masterbedroom

DSCF0034-1.jpg

Master room toilet

DSCF0032-1.jpg

I actually thgt i was quite crazy to buy the unit without looking at the other 2 room because they were still having tenants staying in them.... Mad !!

The ID i chose to work with was Diana from Dyel Design. This is my second project with them. My first project in a condo with them was extremely enjoyable and rewarding. It was very impressive and outstanding and it made the sale of that unit extremely fast and at a good price.That unit is part of their showcase in their website. And with this unit, i decided on them again because they have a very good working team (especially their carpentry!)and Diana being a designer with artistic background does not impose her ideas into my concept but rather work with my suggestion and ideas to make the design into a reality.

As a single guy with a dog, i know what i need and want in my pad. Diana as usual shows me her talent with her concept of the unit layout... unfortunately, as i plan to sell this unit in the future, i have to consider that practicality of the unit appeal to the future owners. Therefore minimal hacking and practical layout which will appeal to general young couple. Dont get me wrong she gave me a very impressive artist impression of her proposal (which i will not show as its her idea and shouldnt be used without her permission) which i did not go for as i wanted something more practical.

So her island kitchen concept, open concept living room and enormous masterbedroom concept cant be utilized. After several discussions we decided on a minimalistic concept of the unit with i wanted. Here are the artist impression of the concept.

I request for a very neutral and urban concept so there is no other secondary colours in the unit other than basic palette

2011-06-17_18-49-58_469.jpg

Kitchen is a impt area for me as i like to spend alot of my weekends working on new culinary ideas and fusion, so a European standard workable kitchen is what i need, as i entertain alot of guest and visitors with food. The picture on the left is actually a shoe cabinet which Diana included for me despite me saying that i do not have more than 4 pairs of shoes and her reply..." you must plan for the future.. you never know if your gf or wife will need it.."

2011-06-17_18-49-45_357.jpg

The restrooms is also impt to me as i want to be in a relaxing environment when i taking a dump.. haha

2011-06-17_18-50-11_70.jpg

So with the final concept confirmed we went ahead with the job ! (and yes.. the shoe cabinet was part of it...)

Edited by dcool

Sealing up the existing door and hacking up another door to the room across the living room. Has to be done bc the location of the door is eating up usable space, and the length is not long enough to put a proper sofa

DSCF0138.jpg

The masterbedroom door was hacked off to create a longer corridor to the room. This also meant the 2nd bedroom is now part of the masterbedroom.

DSCF0139.jpg

In order to save time and money, we decide to just cement over the existing kitchen wall instead of hacking the tiles and cementing them again.

DSCF0137.jpg

Bro dcool , nice tv feature wall ! Do u mind sharing a pic of ur best friend here ? Fello dog lover here :)

Hi here is my boy. His name is Bubbly. He is now abt 4 years old, i had him for more than 3 years when i adopted him when he was just ard 5 to 6 mths old. He loves going for walks and sleeping on my bed when i am not at home. :rolleyes:

He is my bundle of joy haha..

2009_021720080290.jpg

Thanks for the nice compliments. The feature wall is still very much a DIY work in progress as some of the boxes on the wall are actually storage for wine bottles and wine glasses. Its a customized request which Diana and myself work together on the design and dimensions so that its both visually appealing and yet practical. And the box above the TV wall is going to hold/hide my Set Top Box and Blu-ray player using the flip down door design. Here is mock up photo of the player cabinet with the Blu-ray player

DSC00799.jpg

DSC00796.jpg

As for the LED tv mounting bracket i had to purchase my own as the one that came free was not suitable for my usage. The bracket has been mounted but picture still not uploaded yet. Again this was another DIY task because if i ask someone to do the mounting, the border around the TV will not be equal all around, so i trust only myself and did it after several measurements and some minor modification to the bracket. I believe you can tell that i am pretty much a DIY person.. haha..

Thats one of the reason why i like working with Diana because she allows me to customize the designs to my practical liking. As a engineer, i always believe that if its not practical is not worth doing it.. haha..

A double leaf door for this room is also requested by me for a practical reason... haha you will understand once you see the furniture to be used inside the room which is my Audio Video Room

DSC00831.jpg

Here is another photo of the feature with the door to the masterbedroom closed. So unless you push the door you will not know that its a door. And believe me when i say that the door is built from scratch by their carpenter. Its super heavy and super well built, it exceeded my expectations so much that i send Diana a sms to forward my compliment to her carpenter for the excellent job on the feature wall and the door especially when i first saw it.

DSC00800.jpg

I requested to use a concealed door closer so that it makes the design looks more streamline. Its more expensive than a normal door closer but its worth every $ because it has a built in door stopper so i dun have to use another door wedge to hold the door.

DSCF0370.jpg