My I-Pad

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request

Liquor / Wine rack

DSC00928.jpg

The rack are using Ikea kitchen drawer handles

DSC00929.jpg

Wine glass holder

DSC00927.jpg

Why i use a double leaf door instead of a normal door ? So that my sofa bed can be position in the center of the room as the width of the door is only half. If i use a normal door, the sofa have be at the side of the room wall to allow the door to open fully

DSC00916.jpg

I see.. So all the gas pipe and drainage pipe runs into the false ceiling? Does the water pump create any annoying noise once awhile when activating?

Yeah its partially hidden by the false ceiling. The pump does create a sound when it runs.... which is quite similar to a really huge vibrator ..haha.. hope you guys here have a good sense of humor .. Anyway i think most people may find it annoying but i think its quite ok..maybe its because i got alot more ear wax than most people ?

Here is a quick, cheap and easy way to cover up your condensate pump if you have one.

DSC00917.jpg

I used corrugated sheet which can be easily purchased from any Popular Bookstore, they are available in many different shades of colour. Measured the dimensions, cut-bend-fold to make a box, cut off the protrusions and stick strong velcro tapes on the bottom of the box

DSC00918.jpg

Stick the other side of the velcro onto the bottom of the water pump. The box being made of light weight material can be held in place easily by the velcro.

Wala !

DSC00919.jpg

This simple mod was completed before breakfast...

Here is a quick, cheap and easy way to cover up your condensate pump if you have one.

DSC00917.jpg

I used corrugated sheet which can be easily purchased from any Popular Bookstore, they are available in many different shades of colour. Measured the dimensions, cut-bend-fold to make a box, cut off the protrusions and stick strong velcro tapes on the bottom of the box

DSC00918.jpg

Stick the other side of the velcro onto the bottom of the water pump. The box being made of light weight material can be held in place easily by the velcro.

Wala !

DSC00919.jpg

This simple mod was completed before breakfast...

Wow.. ideal! But frankly it might not look good for long run, especially if the card board got condensated and water start to "disfigure it".. u might wana consider spend some $ and do a suspended mini-cabinet to box up the pump.. since afterall u had already spend so much on the reno.. also with proper insulation within the cabinet, you might be able to get rid of some vibrator sound.. haha..

Wow.. ideal! But frankly it might not look good for long run, especially if the card board got condensated and water start to "disfigure it".. u might wana consider spend some $ and do a suspended mini-cabinet to box up the pump.. since afterall u had already spend so much on the reno.. also with proper insulation within the cabinet, you might be able to get rid of some vibrator sound.. haha..

Actually the corrugated sheets are made or plastic. Its usually used as a mounting backing for school projects so its got no issue with water.

As for the suspended cabinet, i have thgt of it but i want to have time to draw up the design for it first and you are right abt the insulation, i think that will help with the sound proofing.

That will be my project.

Dinning Table

DSC00892.jpg

Setting up the PC in the tv

DSC00900.jpg

Youtube on the tube

DSC00903.jpg

Full motion wall bracket to allow me to swing the tv to either the dinning area or my lazy area

DSC00909.jpg

My living room music tower from Philips

DSC00912.jpg

Hi,

may I know what is the brand /model number for your full motion tv wall mount and where did you purchase it and the price? I am interested in getting one...

Can i also ask how did you install it? Directly onto your wall or the wood panel of your tv feature wall? btw, what is the size of your tv? Is that the max size that the wall mount can hold?

Thanks a lot...

Hi,

may I know what is the brand /model number for your full motion tv wall mount and where did you purchase it and the price? I am interested in getting one...

Can i also ask how did you install it? Directly onto your wall or the wood panel of your tv feature wall? btw, what is the size of your tv? Is that the max size that the wall mount can hold?

Thanks a lot...

Hi,

I mount the bracket directly to the wall. My TV size is a 40 inch Philips 6605 LED TV, the TV weight is 13.7kg

Philips

I copy and post here my reply to another forumer who also asked abt my mount because she is using the same box-in-wall for TV concept.

"Thanks, i searched several wall mount bracket and finally decided on the VuePoint F115. But it depends on your box dimensions. Maybe you can measure it and i can advise if the bracket i am using is suitable. Its full motion wall bracket which can take up to 27 kg Because i want it to be able to swivel towards my lazy chair or my dining table when i need to.

Here is the link :

Vuepoint F115

You can get it from NTUC Supermart or Courts, its selling for $170, i tried but couldnt find anywhere selling cheaper.

In order to get the ideal location mounted you will need to find the vertical and horizontal center line of your tv. Basically what i did was lie the TV front down and use a measuring tape and pencil to mark the centre points on the tv on the back.

Then from the website i provided download the technical drawing from the download section :

Drawing

First you need to measure the dimension of your TV wall box, and find the center point. That will be your datum or center reference line.

Next you will need to locate where the wall plate should sit.

As you can see from the drawing, the bracket is offset from the center. If you want to mount it at the correct position you will need calculate correctly to compensate the height from bottom edge of your wall box.

From the drawing see the side view and you will see the dimension 217.6 mm. That is the vertical length from the datum of your box dimension. So measure 217.6mm down and you get the bottom end of where the wall plate should sit. Draw a horizontal line across. Place the bottom edge of your wall bracket plate on that line and then mark out the 3 drill holes on the wall. And you can start drilling the mounting bolts holes. I cant remember but i think its a 10 mm drill bit.

In the end i had to do it myself because some people quoted $80-$90 to mount it because they claim its too complicated.... what a load of crap... haha "

Actually i completed the job myself in less than 20 mins.

If you have any further queries, feel free to let me know, i will try to help you. If you like to see pictures of the bracket after its attached to the wall let me know, i will post them up

Hi,

I mount the bracket directly to the wall. My TV size is a 40 inch Philips 6605 LED TV, the TV weight is 13.7kg

Philips

I copy and post here my reply to another forumer who also asked abt my mount because she is using the same box-in-wall for TV concept.

"Thanks, i searched several wall mount bracket and finally decided on the VuePoint F115. But it depends on your box dimensions. Maybe you can measure it and i can advise if the bracket i am using is suitable. Its full motion wall bracket which can take up to 27 kg Because i want it to be able to swivel towards my lazy chair or my dining table when i need to.

Here is the link :

Vuepoint F115

You can get it from NTUC Supermart or Courts, its selling for $170, i tried but couldnt find anywhere selling cheaper.

In order to get the ideal location mounted you will need to find the vertical and horizontal center line of your tv. Basically what i did was lie the TV front down and use a measuring tape and pencil to mark the centre points on the tv on the back.

Then from the website i provided download the technical drawing from the download section :

Drawing

First you need to measure the dimension of your TV wall box, and find the center point. That will be your datum or center reference line.

Next you will need to locate where the wall plate should sit.

As you can see from the drawing, the bracket is offset from the center. If you want to mount it at the correct position you will need calculate correctly to compensate the height from bottom edge of your wall box.

From the drawing see the side view and you will see the dimension 217.6 mm. That is the vertical length from the datum of your box dimension. So measure 217.6mm down and you get the bottom end of where the wall plate should sit. Draw a horizontal line across. Place the bottom edge of your wall bracket plate on that line and then mark out the 3 drill holes on the wall. And you can start drilling the mounting bolts holes. I cant remember but i think its a 10 mm drill bit.

In the end i had to do it myself because some people quoted $80-$90 to mount it because they claim its too complicated.... what a load of crap... haha "

Actually i completed the job myself in less than 20 mins.

If you have any further queries, feel free to let me know, i will try to help you. If you like to see pictures of the bracket after its attached to the wall let me know, i will post them up

Thanks dcool for such a detailed reply.

It would be great if you can post a picture showing how you tilt the TV to face your dining area.

My dining area is also on the right of my living room where the tv will be, hence I am thinking to use this wall mount so I can watch tv while having my meals.

Are you aware if there are other models of the wall mount that can support tv that is larger than 40 inch? I am currently thinking of getting a 40 inch tv but not confirmed yet... if tv price becomes cheaper, may consider getting a bigger one :P

Will be going to courts or NTUC to search for this wall mountto take a look but won't be able to install so soon as I am still waiting for keys to my new flat... :(

Thanks so much for sharing your knowledge... :D

Edited by chyi33

Pls post the pic coz I am thinking of doing one at the kitchen area so mum can watch her favourite program while cooking and we can tilt the TV to the dining hall and watch her Taiwanese show while having dinner.

Thanks dcool for such a detailed reply.

It would be great if you can post a picture showing how you tilt the TV to face your dining area.

My dining area is also on the right of my living room where the tv will be, hence I am thinking to use this wall mount so I can watch tv while having my meals.

Are you aware if there are other models of the wall mount that can support tv that is larger than 40 inch? I am currently thinking of getting a 40 inch tv but not confirmed yet... if tv price becomes cheaper, may consider getting a bigger one :P

Will be going to courts or NTUC to search for this wall mountto take a look but won't be able to install so soon as I am still waiting for keys to my new flat... :(

Thanks so much for sharing your knowledge... :D

Hi Chyi,

dun let the tv size hold you back from allowing you to use this bracket (F115). As long at the weight of the TV is less than 27 kg you can use the bracket. My advise to you is to go to the Harvey Norman or Court, bring along a measuring tape with you. And measure the distance of the mounting holes behind the tv, after that check the distance of the mounting holes to see if its within the limits of the bracket using the drawing of the bracket (F115)

However there is another bracket available which is the F180 but its waaay to expensive ($300 ++) and overkill.. Its designed for LCD TVs which are much more heavier than LEDs. As long as you are buying a LED there is a chance you can use F115.

Here is the info for the F180

F180

Here are the pictures i promised :

Bracket mounted

DSC00841.jpg

DSC00839.jpg

View from my sofa

DSC00933.jpg

View from the top

DSC00937.jpg

oh wow i LOVE how the set top box/bluray player are hidden inside your tv feature wall! very clever, where did you come across this idea? i have a question tho, are the players ok being put vertically? will not spoil or anything? also i noticed they're fastened, what happens should you decide to change a new player in future where the height/width is different from your present one? can the fastener be easily bought in stores or you'll have to contact yr contractor/designer to custom-make a new one?