Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
Zlia

My Country Home

oh nope...its at tan boon liat building...specially look for yvonne..nicer lady there....much better....

ok price range with nicer country style...its like cottage feel....

do u guys have more to recommend?..cos i am looking for curtains and accessories...

for curtains, look for the building beside joo chiat complex at first floor..think its called taibee....country!:sport-smiley-004:..very country..we may buy from her for to hide our household shelter door, budget not to do feature wall....do a curtain to hide it off....the rest will look for at ikea..no choice...curtains costs a bomb....but do go there and see...relali country!!....loved the floral prints.....

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation
hmm....

anyone got any ideas to get home decor???

i am thinking of buyin from overseas....

There are some places in Singapore that you can consider eg Cottage Crafts (Stamford House), Creations from the heart (Anchor Point), Laura Ashley, Zara Vintage (Bussorah St).

Frankly, almost all of my country-style decor are purchased overseas. There are limited items in Singapore and they are very costly. Find that it's cheaper to ship from US or Aust. You can consider shipping via vpost if buying from USA, can save u money if u combine purchases from a few merchants.

There are some places in Singapore that you can consider eg Cottage Crafts (Stamford House), Creations from the heart (Anchor Point), Laura Ashley, Zara Vintage (Bussorah St).

Frankly, almost all of my country-style decor are purchased overseas. There are limited items in Singapore and they are very costly. Find that it's cheaper to ship from US or Aust. You can consider shipping via vpost if buying from USA, can save u money if u combine purchases from a few merchants.

as what countrylover and the rest forumers have mentioned in this thread, most companies offering those country themes are already listed here.

as for me i bought from Country Design, not the cheapest but nt the most expensive.

just a note, for accessories, if u buy from china retail shops witht eh same model, you already have 50% savings let alone if u go to those distributors/exporters.

But at the end of the day is whether all boils down to the hassle and budget u willing to give.

My wife and I just completed our reno last Dec, also in country style because we've grown to love it when we stayed/visited such houses while studying overseas. A pity we din chance upon this forum sooner; plenty of wonderful suggestions over here and it seems that there's still quite a number of people who wants country living in the city! Anyway, we got forest woodworking to do up our kitchen and some loose furniture pieces. We love our home. All the best for your reno works!

My wife and I just completed our reno last Dec, also in country style because we've grown to love it when we stayed/visited such houses while studying overseas. A pity we din chance upon this forum sooner; plenty of wonderful suggestions over here and it seems that there's still quite a number of people who wants country living in the city! Anyway, we got forest woodworking to do up our kitchen and some loose furniture pieces. We love our home. All the best for your reno works!

Cool...must have cost you a bomb for the carpentry works. Heard that Forest's carpentry works are very expensive. Did you engage an ID for the rest of your reno works?

Looking forward to seeing photos of your country home. :yamseng:

Yeah, the reno was pretty expensive but we feel that it's a worthwhile investment :dancingqueen:

We didn't engage any ID for our reno. Hehe. Of course, we relied heavily on magazines/books for inspiration.

Anyway, here's a teaser for you. Presenting... our kitchen & laundry area.

kitchen3ej7.jpg

kitchen4hk0.jpg

laundryroomswingdoorwk5.jpg

laundryroommg0.jpg

laundryroom2cp8.jpg

Will post more pictures in the future. Have not really taken a lot of pictures of our home yet.

Edited by warsurfer

Yeah, the reno was pretty expensive but we feel that it's a worthwhile investment :rolleyes:

We didn't engage any ID for our reno. Hehe. Of course, we relied heavily on magazines/books for inspiration.

Anyway, here's a teaser for you. Presenting... our kitchen & laundry area.

kitchen3ej7.jpg

kitchen4hk0.jpg

laundryroomswingdoorwk5.jpg

laundryroommg0.jpg

laundryroom2cp8.jpg

Will post more pictures in the future. Have not really taken a lot of pictures of our home yet.

Thanks for sharing. Love your kitchen cabinet! Is yours a new or resale flat? Cos kitchen looks huge. Care to share how much Forest quoted u for the cabinet?

Hihi, ours is a resale flat and the kitchen is pretty small actually. :bleah: Maybe taking from that angle made it look big. Anyway, we've taken some photos of our home over the weekend. You can view them at http://picasaweb.google.com/NDVonet/CountryLivingInTheCity or http://andyvonnescountrylane.blogspot.com/ Btw, we paid around $12K plus for our kitchen. Do upload your photos too! :wub: Cheerio

Edited by warsurfer

• Like 1

Hihi, ours is a resale flat and the kitchen is pretty small actually. 8| Maybe taking from that angle made it look big. Anyway, we've taken some photos of our home over the weekend. You can view them at http://picasaweb.google.com/NDVonet/CountryLivingInTheCity Btw, we paid around $12K plus for our kitchen. Do upload your photos too! :) Cheerio

Wow, I'm impressed! Loved your choices of lamps and lighting fixtures especially. :dunno:

Can I check how much you paid for your Tiffany lamp from Cottage Crafts? Where did you buy the rest of your lightings from?

Keeping my fingers crossed that that I could achieve the country-flavour I'm dreaming of after the renovation. :bangwall:

Wow, I'm impressed! Loved your choices of lamps and lighting fixtures especially. :dribble:

Can I check how much you paid for your Tiffany lamp from Cottage Crafts? Where did you buy the rest of your lightings from?

Keeping my fingers crossed that that I could achieve the country-flavour I'm dreaming of after the renovation. :dribble:

Thanks! (posted a few more pics just now) Anyway, we are constantly looking for unique decorative items as our home is still quite bare now. We got our lightings from cottage crafts, blisspoint and chan huat (the latter 2 at balestier). I think we paid bout $450 for the tiffany lamp but they are having a sale right now. Can take a look. :lol:

What sort of country style are you working towards? How's the reno so far? You haven't posted pics in your blog for quite some time alr. But I must say your tiles really look like wood! Nice and affordable too! Wish we had seen those when we were doing our reno. :lol: Anyway, I'm hoping to see Zlia's home. The perspective drawings he/she posted on the blog are really lovely.

Thanks! (posted a few more pics just now) Anyway, we are constantly looking for unique decorative items as our home is still quite bare now. We got our lightings from cottage crafts, blisspoint and chan huat (the latter 2 at balestier). I think we paid bout $450 for the tiffany lamp but they are having a sale right now. Can take a look. :(

What sort of country style are you working towards? How's the reno so far? You haven't posted pics in your blog for quite some time alr. But I must say your tiles really look like wood! Nice and affordable too! Wish we had seen those when we were doing our reno. :( Anyway, I'm hoping to see Zlia's home. The perspective drawings he/she posted on the blog are really lovely.

hey warsurfer, u know wat i got the hanging clock too!! :) i just came back from bkk today, i bot it from there, abit diff in design thou.. may i know where u bot from, izzit ex?? nice hor.. mine also both side i bot at 3000 baht actually consider expensive.. but i really like it, so no choice.. anyway, u got a nice house. :)

Thanks! (posted a few more pics just now) Anyway, we are constantly looking for unique decorative items as our home is still quite bare now. We got our lightings from cottage crafts, blisspoint and chan huat (the latter 2 at balestier). I think we paid bout $450 for the tiffany lamp but they are having a sale right now. Can take a look. :)

What sort of country style are you working towards? How's the reno so far? You haven't posted pics in your blog for quite some time alr. But I must say your tiles really look like wood! Nice and affordable too! Wish we had seen those when we were doing our reno. :) Anyway, I'm hoping to see Zlia's home. The perspective drawings he/she posted on the blog are really lovely.

I'm working towards the modern country look, not the classical and "old old" country look if you know what I mean. ;) Not geared towards any pure country style but a mixture of cottage, rustic and shabby chic.

I'm also hoping to be able to update my blog soon but we've been quite busy with work, thus could only work on the reno on wkends. Since we DIY most of the things, so it will take a while more before everything gets done. Currently working on the feature walls for the MBR.

If you are looking for unique stuff, why dun u try looking overseas like ebay? That's where I got most of my decor items from.

hey warsurfer, u know wat i got the hanging clock too!! :) i just came back from bkk today, i bot it from there, abit diff in design thou.. may i know where u bot from, izzit ex?? nice hor.. mine also both side i bot at 3000 baht actually consider expensive.. but i really like it, so no choice.. anyway, u got a nice house. :thumbs up:

LOL I also recently got a train station clock from Yahoo Auctions...shabby chic style with sweet roses. Don't have a photo with me now, but will try to take some when I'm free.

hey warsurfer, u know wat i got the hanging clock too!! :dribble: i just came back from bkk today, i bot it from there, abit diff in design thou.. may i know where u bot from, izzit ex?? nice hor.. mine also both side i bot at 3000 baht actually consider expensive.. but i really like it, so no choice.. anyway, u got a nice house. :bangwall:

Hey, what coincidence! :dribble: we got ours about 2 years back at a flea market when we were studying in London. About S$70 plus i think, can't really remember. But the same one can be found on amazon.com as well, we just saw it a few months back. :dribble: Is your home renovated in a country style too?

I'm working towards the modern country look, not the classical and "old old" country look if you know what I mean. :bangwall: Not geared towards any pure country style but a mixture of cottage, rustic and shabby chic.

I'm also hoping to be able to update my blog soon but we've been quite busy with work, thus could only work on the reno on wkends. Since we DIY most of the things, so it will take a while more before everything gets done. Currently working on the feature walls for the MBR.

If you are looking for unique stuff, why dun u try looking overseas like ebay? That's where I got most of my decor items from.

LOL I also recently got a train station clock from Yahoo Auctions...shabby chic style with sweet roses. Don't have a photo with me now, but will try to take some when I'm free.

Ooo, modern country & shabby chic...stylish and clean. I'm thinking laura ashley & rachel ashwell? :dribble: I thought that you'd be doing the more classical country style coz of your profile photo. :dribble: Anyway, my wife loves the shabby chic style (almost wanted to get a white/painted kitchen and furniture) but I feel its a tad too feminine and it involves alot of white, and according to some of our friends overseas who had their homes done up this way, it can be quite hard to maintain in the long run. So only the reading room is decorated that way; we've gotten our inspiration for the rest of the house from other people's homes but it's really quite tough to do it like the English cause there are so few furniture shops in Sg that sell nice, solid country/cottage furniture.

Yup, we got a few items from ebay like rugs, photo frames, the painting, but the shipping cost is crazy so we'll do more shopping next time when we visit our friends. Thanks for the recommendation anyway. :dribble: What did you get from ebay?

Do upload the photos when you guys are free. It's hard to find people who've/are doing up their homes in country style nowadays. Our friends got a shock when we had our house warming cause they thought that we'd be doing contemporary victorian/modern, something couples in their mid-20s would do but those wouldn't be close to our hearts. How bout you guys? Why country style? Btw, there are some really good country/cottage interior design books @ NLB. Maybe you can borrow if you haven't alr. :dribble: I'd recommend those written by the "Country Living" magazine editors. Cheers