Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
Zlia

My Country Home

Ooo, modern country & shabby chic...stylish and clean. I'm thinking laura ashley & rachel ashwell? :P I thought that you'd be doing the more classical country style coz of your profile photo. :rolleyes: Anyway, my wife loves the shabby chic style (almost wanted to get a white/painted kitchen and furniture) but I feel its a tad too feminine and it involves alot of white, and according to some of our friends overseas who had their homes done up this way, it can be quite hard to maintain in the long run. So only the reading room is decorated that way; we've gotten our inspiration for the rest of the house from other people's homes but it's really quite tough to do it like the English cause there are so few furniture shops in Sg that sell nice, solid country/cottage furniture.

Yup, we got a few items from ebay like rugs, photo frames, the painting, but the shipping cost is crazy so we'll do more shopping next time when we visit our friends. Thanks for the recommendation anyway. :P What did you get from ebay?

Do upload the photos when you guys are free. It's hard to find people who've/are doing up their homes in country style nowadays. Our friends got a shock when we had our house warming cause they thought that we'd be doing contemporary victorian/modern, something couples in their mid-20s would do but those wouldn't be close to our hearts. How bout you guys? Why country style? Btw, there are some really good country/cottage interior design books @ NLB. Maybe you can borrow if you haven't alr. :) I'd recommend those written by the "Country Living" magazine editors. Cheers

You are right, I'm really inspired by Rachel Ashwell & Laura Ashley, and would love to have my home furnished with all their wonderful items! LOL. Unfortunately, they are way too over-priced and way beyond my budget. Therefore, will make do with what I can find in ebay and flea market finds that's close to the concepts I want. I might splurge on some exquisite items, but definitely not on every corner in my home.

The reason why I'm really into country-style is because I just love the warmth and coziness that comes with a country home. The allure that makes u look forward to coming home after a torturous day at work...the aromas of home-cooked food and fragrance of home-grown posies that titillate our every senses. Sorry...think I'm getting too carried away! Haha...

I'm also pretty much an unconventional person, and not so into following the "norm". The trends that accompany a minimalist or contemporary concept might eventually get outdated but the country style is something that stays for ages and something that one would never get tired of. That's the reason why victorian and old English style still stay till this modern era.

I've got tons of stuff from ebay such as placemats, canisters, pitchers, primitive dolls, signs, posters, chinaware, lamps etc. Think probably 6 or 7 boxes of stuff which I've been progressively buying over the past 6 mths. :jammin:

Like you, I love the books and magazines from Country Living too. Have recently purchased some books on country style decorating which are really great in giving me inspirations.

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation
You are right, I'm really inspired by Rachel Ashwell & Laura Ashley, and would love to have my home furnished with all their wonderful items! LOL. Unfortunately, they are way too over-priced and way beyond my budget. Therefore, will make do with what I can find in ebay and flea market finds that's close to the concepts I want. I might splurge on some exquisite items, but definitely not on every corner in my home.

The reason why I'm really into country-style is because I just love the warmth and coziness that comes with a country home. The allure that makes u look forward to coming home after a torturous day at work...the aromas of home-cooked food and fragrance of home-grown posies that titillate our every senses. Sorry...think I'm getting too carried away! Haha...

I'm also pretty much an unconventional person, and not so into following the "norm". The trends that accompany a minimalist or contemporary concept might eventually get outdated but the country style is something that stays for ages and something that one would never get tired of. That's the reason why victorian and old English style still stay till this modern era.

I've got tons of stuff from ebay such as placemats, canisters, pitchers, primitive dolls, signs, posters, chinaware, lamps etc. Think probably 6 or 7 boxes of stuff which I've been progressively buying over the past 6 mths. :sport-smiley-004:

Like you, I love the books and magazines from Country Living too. Have recently purchased some books on country style decorating which are really great in giving me inspirations.

WOW, that's alot of stuff from ebay. Can you recommend some reliable sellers? I'm looking for signs for the kitchen and laundry area. Thanks in advance! !!

Do you know which shops in Sg to go to when looking for country decorative items? So far, I've been to Lovely de'art, Le Cozy and cottage crafts but they don't really have the items I'm looking for and if I can get decent stuffs here, I wouldn't buy from ebay coz of the postage cost. :P

Hi

For the MBR wardrobe do you all buy ready made or built in?

cos for built in my id use laminate with alum frame for sliding which I find is very modern looking. I'm wondering if able to match with my other country style furniture & need time to find the perfect dimension.

Hws the price & quality at WholesaleClassicFurniture.com at ubi? I intending to go dwn.

Thks

Hi,

I m a country lover and i love country style accessories and home decor...

have imported from all over the world and would like to share some pic with u..all items are new and feel free to contact me if u r interested...

pls refer to the below site:http://drift07.multiply.com/photos/album/3/my_counry_style_collections..do take note that the pics a bit blur due to the poor resoluation...u can view the items at my place too...

let me know!!i do consider selling if u r int...

thanks!!

Hihi, ours is a resale flat and the kitchen is pretty small actually. ;) Maybe taking from that angle made it look big. Anyway, we've taken some photos of our home over the weekend. You can view them at http://picasaweb.google.com/NDVonet/CountryLivingInTheCity or http://andyvonnescountrylane.blogspot.com/ Btw, we paid around $12K plus for our kitchen. Do upload your photos too! :) Cheerio

Hi Warsurfer,

Saw the pictures you have posted. Your house is really very nice. I am also going to renovate my place with a countr theme. Do you mind sharing how much in total you have spent for renovation? I have been quoted 38k to renovate my place (4 rooms as well). Is it cheap? Hacking everything except flooring in living and dining.

Cheers,

Carolyn

Hi Warsurfer,

Saw the pictures you have posted. Your house is really very nice. I am also going to renovate my place with a countr theme. Do you mind sharing how much in total you have spent for renovation? I have been quoted 38k to renovate my place (4 rooms as well). Is it cheap? Hacking everything except flooring in living and dining.

Cheers,

Carolyn

Hey there,

Thanks. :) I will pm u the details.

Hi Countrylover

you can try creations from the heart at anchorpt.

they have more "wood" coloured stuff.

Hi Countrylover

you can try creations from the heart at anchorpt.

they have more "wood" coloured stuff.

Thanks. I've been to the shop before but they do not have exactly what I need. What I would really love to get is a quilt hanger with shelf. Dun think it's widely avail here as people dun have a tradition of hanging quilts, will prob need to get it custom-made or buy from overseas.

:dancingqueen:

Congratulation countrylover. You must be overwhelmed to move into your new home. I too have moved into my new country cottage yesterday. I am trying to upload pictures but failed. Would very much like to show you all what my ID did to my house. :furious:

hi all...been a long time since i logged on...tink previously i had promised some pics on my modern country place......

here goes....http://s222.photobucket.com/albums/dd241/gege2802/

Testing!!

http://i314.photobucket.com/albums/ll432/b.../diningroom.jpg

What should I do such that the pic can be attached directly rather than the link.

Can anybody help!!

Thanks

Hi Banzai

What u can do is, open up photobucket in 1 window and renotalk in another. Under each individual image in photobucket, there's a section on the image url. Copy that url. In renotalk, if u look in the menu bar above, there's an "insert image" icon that resembles a tree. Click on that and paste the url into the dialogue box that appears. This will allow yr image to be displayed directly.

HTH! :yamseng:

Hi Banzai

What u can do is, open up photobucket in 1 window and renotalk in another. Under each individual image in photobucket, there's a section on the image url. Copy that url. In renotalk, if u look in the menu bar above, there's an "insert image" icon that resembles a tree. Click on that and paste the url into the dialogue box that appears. This will allow yr image to be displayed directly.

HTH! :yamseng:

Hi Countrylover,

Thanks so much for the advise. Will try and see whether it works for me. Not very good when it comes to this type of thing.

Cheers, :thumbs up: