Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
Zlia

My Country Home

I went to Cottage Craft and Forest for quotation, after more than one week still no news. However, I went to Country Concept and Visual Furniture, they are able to give me the quotation on the spot. How long does IDs take to provide quotation?

Both Forest and Cottage Crafts replied me with quotation within a week. Maybe you wanna call them to follow-up? Cause when Jessica from Forest came down to do measurements for my renovations, she commented that they are quite over-loaded and all are busy rushing to complete projects in time before the festive periods. *good luck*

Edited by KittyJems

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation

I use tekka cooker & hoob... I believe now is near festive period... Alot of ppl doing new reno... I think wait till after chinese new year.. Reno takes abt 6-8 weeks long.

Don't ever engage Creations From The Heart, gave my friend horror for his home renovation, dont keep his words , misled his customer with "no problem" all the time, use China and Blanga workers with substandard service. Heard the ID Daniel make promises that he will not keep, thereafter send post project invoices and lawyer to subdue the customers into paying him for excesses the customer was told " all in quotation leow" and use " I will sue" if you don't send payments after he whacks the who he whacks the whole she down. He will then revise the sales contract send to lawyer to collect the excess on the pretext that the customer asked fir the extras during reno without proofs of change. If customer still don't pay he threaten to sue and use aggressiveness to subdue the poor customer into submission to his demands.

I visited my poor friends newly renovated home of 6 months, the kitchen cabinet paint already peeled off, the door hinges already come off, patches of wood laminated the interior of the cabinet to cover up mistakes done by carpenter. Waahhh...you couldn't believe the tiles on the floor !!! The tiles are uneven throughout the house, poor thing spent more than 10K for tiles , the edges & joints of the tiles cut your sole wherever I walk, I beg to wear the house slipper , so uncomfortable. Gosh , the paint job is one kind, cracking leow. Then their 15k wardrobes, fren said made of solid wood. Piang, he dun even know he ken a taken for a ride, wat solid wood, kekeke ...when u open the doors it wobbles as the wood is so thin , more like wood panels . I have solid solid wood used for my own home cabinets, I could tell the difference immediately. His one , no need karate can split the cupboard into half. If he is lucky , he can use them for 5 yrs then run to the nearest IKEA to get them replaced. Poor thing.

Then I asked him what happened to his beautiful door knobs, heard cost them $300 bucks per pair. The contractor workers spoil them during their work n the ID refused to replaced it as he claim owners fault buy such " fragile" items n he cannot be onsite to manage his workers all the time to take care of the owners installation.

Then there is this cabinet without knobs, ask my fren why so special , how to open them. Fren is now a bit frust as ask too many questions :(( can't help myself as I looking for an ID to Reno my new hme also mah. Apparently the cabinet was put up without pre agreed design , let alone quotation. So I ask then wat does the ID know wat to do. He says before even the Reno 50% complete, the ID say just move in his barang barang as my fren old house already completed sales n had to surrender old hme to buyer n the Reno was delayed for at least 2 months, he got no choice. So he happily arranged for movers when ID kept assuring my poor fren " no problem one everyone does this way" when sell n move to another hme. So my fren guessed, his carpenter took the liberty to measure up the cabinet to fit his children's tables sizes without knowing what transpired between the owner and the ID. So my fren one day go chck progress, allo how come cabinet fixed !! Too late leow CHina carpenter said not his fault, ID vaguely mentioned something n he guessed tats wat he suppose to do. Then fren said to ID , whose going to pay for the mistake, ID says never mind la, mistake done leow, he absorb else he have to pay the carpenter to take it away also, no point la, So fren relented :( guess wat, he showed me t post project invoice , the ID included this to make my fren pay wor like as if my fren agreed to pay for ID carpenters mistake. Got Part 2 to my ffriends experience, like excerpts from a horror story

Edited by Tinkerbelle

we went b4, what I can say is, OVERPRICED OVERPRICED OVERPRICED.......

Country style also got many types. French, American, English etc etc.....

but a particular race would do it very their way....you can always feel it. Make sure you dun over do it and end up like that.......then the comments will be very funny one lor.... :dancingqueen:

IKEA is another place suitable for such theme. They have certain series/range of furnitures that's of better quality one, more expensive but affordable.

Yes, creations from the heart is overpriced. Do give yourself time and do due diligence. There are so many other shops out there