Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
soyabean

Recommendation Of One-Stop Firm

Hi.

I contacted a few firms for my rebuilding.

But they are either not interested for rebuilding my house, probably because they are big firms dealing with big account, or small firms who did not even care to ask what I want and just threw me some standard design they already have.

So, I'm back to this forum. Does anyone, from your personal experience, know any one-stop firm? where I could talk to an architect and get all my rebuilding work done without having to coordinate with different people.

Many thanks.

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation

Hi.

But they are either not interested for rebuilding my house, probably because they are big firms dealing with big account, or small firms who did not even care to ask what I want and just threw me some standard design they already have.

So, I'm back to this forum. Does anyone, from your personal experience, know any one-stop firm? where I could talk to an architect and get all my rebuilding work done without having to coordinate with different people.

Many thanks.

Dear Soyabean,

I am not sure what do you mean by one-stop shop?

The market norm is that, if you engage an architect then he/she is the accountable person to get the building done. The alternative is by engaging a builder, who then becomes the accountable person. It is just a difference in business arrangement; one with the architect fronting, the other with the builder fronting.

Of course, along the designing & construction phases, you would surely have to deal with the architect and builder. It is just a question of how much, and depending on how hands on you are.

Regarding the experience described by you, I suspect that you have laid down the budget?

Cheers!

Hi.

Many thanks.

I faced similar problems when I planned the construction of my house. Both Architects and Builders can do turnkey (ie meaning one stop). There are several different builders and architects that members of the forum have employed in the construction of their houses.

Cheers!

I faced similar problems when I planned the construction of my house. Both Architects and Builders can do turnkey (ie meaning one stop). There are several different builders and architects that members of the forum have employed in the construction of their houses.

Cheers!

Then, can you recommend any?

or the forumers can recommend?

If not publicly, can email or message to me privately?

I'm still looking for one? Thank you.

And yes. I do have a budget set out. Of course, I dont have deep pockets. :)

Then, can you recommend any?

or the forumers can recommend?

If not publicly, can email or message to me privately?

I'm still looking for one? Thank you.

And yes. I do have a budget set out. Of course, I dont have deep pockets. :)

Hi Soyabean,

There are really many builders and architects who can build houses. Before anyone recommends to you their builder/ architect, it is best for you to put down your requirements and budget so that people who have built houses with similar requirements as you and has similar budget can contact you to share their contacts.

In this way, you reduce the time and hassle of running through with the builder/ architect only to find out that he doesn't meet your key needs. For a start, you may want to list the following:

1. size of your land

2. Type of housing (eg. detached, semi detached, corner terrace, intermediate terrace)

3. Type of lease (freehold, 999, 99)

4. Type of land (this may be difficult, but you can share whether land is a reclaimed land from the sea, on a slope, etc..)

5. What is the size that you plan to build your house into (number of storey, max height?, built in sq feet)

6. Type of construction (High Quality, Medium Quality)

7. Type of furnishing (High, medium, low)

8. Service expected (Highly responsive, etc...)

9. Design creativity (High, medium, low)

10. Special requirements (eg. waterproof whole house, green house design, etc...)

11. Budget

From there, I think forumers will be able to better introduce you someone that can better meet your requirement.

Hi Soyabean,

There are really many builders and architects who can build houses. Before anyone recommends to you their builder/ architect, it is best for you to put down your requirements and budget so that people who have built houses with similar requirements as you and has similar budget can contact you to share their contacts.

In this way, you reduce the time and hassle of running through with the builder/ architect only to find out that he doesn't meet your key needs. For a start, you may want to list the following:

1. size of your land

2. Type of housing (eg. detached, semi detached, corner terrace, intermediate terrace)

3. Type of lease (freehold, 999, 99)

4. Type of land (this may be difficult, but you can share whether land is a reclaimed land from the sea, on a slope, etc..)

5. What is the size that you plan to build your house into (number of storey, max height?, built in sq feet)

6. Type of construction (High Quality, Medium Quality)

7. Type of furnishing (High, medium, low)

8. Service expected (Highly responsive, etc...)

9. Design creativity (High, medium, low)

10. Special requirements (eg. waterproof whole house, green house design, etc...)

11. Budget

From there, I think forumers will be able to better introduce you someone that can better meet your requirement.

Reason for asking about lease is because it may not be useful to spend a lot on a house with a 20 year lease remainder. If it is freehold or leasehold 999, it is probably worthwhile to invest a higher budget.

Cheers!

Reason for asking about lease is because it may not be useful to spend a lot on a house with a 20 year lease remainder. If it is freehold or leasehold 999, it is probably worthwhile to invest a higher budget.

Cheers!

I agree with Leecharui on understanding one's preliminary requirements.

Those who experienced the process of constructing a new house, whether via the New Erection approach or A&A etc, would know the learning curve that an owner has had to go through. Having an architect or builder that fits one's requirement profile would make the journey much more constructive, for both sides.

Cheers!

I too agree with leechaorui on what you really want first, in terms if duration, quality and cost factor.

I have a friend who is experience in rebuilding as he has almost 20 years in this industry.

Anyway if you are interested, you can always pm me.

No harm getting more views :)

Hi.

Many thanks.

I have gotten in touch with the following:

1. Eurobuilders

2. Nic n Wes

3. KLW builders

4. The carpenter's workshop

5. Mint studio

They are not big companies and they all have their pros and cons. Might suit your requirements. You can look up their contacts on the web. It will be good to talk to people and share ideas and to also understand some technical aspects of the ideas that you have.