Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
firegoddess

Reno With The Stars!

Wall constructed, cement patching done, aircon trunking done, wiring done and false ceiling going up within these 3 days hopefully. Very ugly currently so no photo upload. After CNY will do cement screeding, follow by painting then vinyl laminate.

Also went to source for lights so confirm using mostly OptiLED with 3 years warranty which not even Philips brand can match, only 1 year. From our own sourcing of light shops, total lighting cost approximately five digits inclusive of 120 fiber optics for starry starry night MBR ceiling, with the LED strips taking up a third of cost. ID's lighting shop wanted to charge us 1.8 times on house brands :jawdrop: compared to our own light shop, with only 1 year warranty!

DH extremely unhappy with the steep chopping. Already kanna chopped when ID brought us to his bathroom shop but luckily I smart & insisted they put "Allow exchange & cancel of any items" on invoice so they prefer to keep us happy by matching the lower costings we managed to secure elsewhere, but still more expensive by S$1K!. As long as reno turns out to our satisfaction, a little $ into ID pocket is fine, makes him happy.

Hi can pm me the details like price and contacts? I'm starting my reno after the cny.

Researching on what and where to get the finishings and furnishings are a real headache!!!

Appreciate all advice given!!!

Thanks!!!!!

Welcome to reno circle Knight78, no problem, PMed you.

Very tired, yesterday collapsed & took an afternoon nap of an hour! I have been camping outside our unit for 3 days as ID & contractors got loads of decisions for us to make. Sometimes we travelled total of 4 times within a day to the unit, on top of searching for lights, appliances etc, in addition to hand feeding my chinchilla kit every 2-3 hours whose mum got no milk for him. Happy late nights & all over sourcing!

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request

Wall constructed, cement patching done, aircon trunking done, wiring done and false ceiling going up within these 3 days hopefully. Very ugly currently so no photo upload. After CNY will do cement screeding, follow by painting then vinyl laminate.

Also went to source for lights so confirm using mostly OptiLED with 3 years warranty which not even Philips brand can match, only 1 year. From our own sourcing of light shops, total lighting cost approximately five digits inclusive of 120 fiber optics for starry starry night MBR ceiling, with the LED strips taking up a third of cost. ID's lighting shop wanted to charge us 1.8 times on house brands :jawdrop: compared to our own light shop, with only 1 year warranty!

DH extremely unhappy with the steep chopping. Already kanna chopped when ID brought us to his bathroom shop but luckily I smart & insisted they put "Allow exchange & cancel of any items" on invoice so they prefer to keep us happy by matching the lower costings we managed to secure elsewhere, but still more expensive by S$1K!. As long as reno turns out to our satisfaction, a little $ into ID pocket is fine, makes him happy.

Welcome to reno circle Knight78, no problem, PMed you.

Very tired, yesterday collapsed & took an afternoon nap of an hour! I have been camping outside our unit for 3 days as ID & contractors got loads of decisions for us to make. Sometimes we travelled total of 4 times within a day to the unit, on top of searching for lights, appliances etc, in addition to hand feeding my chinchilla kit every 2-3 hours whose mum got no milk for him. Happy late nights & all over sourcing!

hi Firegoddess, may i know how much the OptiLED cost you? I might want to consider using it than the usual downlight. You can PM me.

TIA

Cheers

hi Firegoddess, may i know how much the OptiLED cost you? I might want to consider using it than the usual downlight. You can PM me.

TIA

Cheers

Sorry IPineapple,

Haven't purchased yet, but from experience, Optiled main office do have a very nice showroom & if you book appointment with them, an experience technical/sales staff will walk you through the various lights & give suggestion. They'll also email quote to you and provide you with lighting simulation if you can decide on light types & provide floor plan. If you are real keen, Optiled is also willing to go on site to provide overall lighting suggestion & site measurement for the light simulation.

Only problem is they are very very slow as they only got back to me 2 months after visited them! They are very technical people so I do have trouble interpreting their lighting simulation result as they got problem trying to explain in layman terms. Good luck!

Ordered Hitachi Fridge, De Dietrich Induction Hob 38cm Continuum & this oven, anyone recognise the model?

compact_ovens_convenience.jpg

Never know so difficult to choose an oven so finally decided to choose a combi steam oven as wanted healthy eating, so my reno budget is officially broken. Very long story in oven selection but basically found that the young sales personnel in main official big dealers are very courteous when dealing with you face to face but see you no up unless you have Tai Tai buffoon hairstyle dripping with bulging diamonds so will not invite you for product experiences & give all sorts of excuses. Non-official small ones with mature sales staff that actually utilise the ovens daily give better service, will tell the truth when doing product comparison and willing to match prices too if you bulk purchase. I was willing to order a more expensive brand but was bowled over by the fantastic features of the slightly cheaper one. :thumbs up:

Anyone keen to accompany me in experiencing a product experience by Chef Jimmy Chok tomorrow near Somerset MRT at 3pm? PM me.

Edited by firegoddess

Ordered Hitachi Fridge, De Dietrich Induction Hob 38cm Continuum & this oven, anyone recognise the model?

compact_ovens_convenience.jpg

Never know so difficult to choose an oven so finally decided to choose a combi steam oven as wanted healthy eating, so my reno budget is officially broken. Very long story in oven selection but basically found that the young sales personnel in main official big dealers are very courteous when dealing with you face to face but see you no up unless you have Tai Tai buffoon hairstyle dripping with bulging diamonds so will not invite you for product experiences & give all sorts of excuses. Non-official small ones with mature sales staff that actually utilise the ovens daily give better service, will tell the truth when doing product comparison and willing to match prices too if you bulk purchase. I was willing to order a more expensive brand but was bowled over by the fantastic features of the slightly cheaper one. :thumbs up:

Anyone keen to accompany me in experiencing a product experience by Chef Jimmy Chok tomorrow near Somerset MRT at 3pm? PM me.

Hihi!

I just got my keys at Ghim Moh valley yesterday! Your t-blog is nice! Hope that all is well...

Which blk are you at? Im at blk 22...

Hihi!

I just got my keys at Ghim Moh valley yesterday! Your t-blog is nice! Hope that all is well...

Which blk are you at? Im at blk 22...

Hi Neighbour,

Congrats on getting keys. Try to guess from my bedroom windows photo.

Changing everything inside MBR toilet so have the following for sale, in brand new condition as provided by HDB so pricing them very reasonably:

1) Basin with peaslta stand plus hot/cold mixer tap S$120

2) Toilet bowl S$120

3) Shower set S$100

Take everything at $288. All already dismantled & ready for self collection.

Interested please PM me.

DSCF1084a.jpgDSCF0195a.jpg

Thanks Battle. Very slow progress. Just met resilience floor guy and he said can't lay flooring till many other things done so another 2-3 weeks later. Will be ordering all lightings this weekend. Now gotta search for Roman curtain vendor, any lo bang?

So none of you want to accompany me today for a FOC cooking demonstration by a chef using the latest combi steam oven? Sad, going alone then. :dunno:

Some more teaser photos of current status:

New MBR:

DSCF3642.jpg

Living Rm:

DSCF3634.jpg

Thanks Battle. Very slow progress. Just met resilience floor guy and he said can't lay flooring till many other things done so another 2-3 weeks later. Will be ordering all lightings this weekend. Now gotta search for Roman curtain vendor, any lo bang?

So none of you want to accompany me today for a FOC cooking demonstration by a chef using the latest combi steam oven? Sad, going alone then. :dunno:

Some more teaser photos of current status:

New MBR:

DSCF3642.jpg

Living Rm:

DSCF3634.jpg

is the living room blue recently painted on? looks a little uneven in my opinion

Edited by thedottyness

is the living room blue recently painted on? looks a little uneven in my opinion

Thanks for pointing out and yes, it's painted, only first coat so extremely uneven.

This is how the living rm ceiling looks like:

DSCF3636.jpg

Is this mirror nice? :rolleyes: Worth while getting for my walk-in wardrobe? Everyday dress up with it should feel very happy right?

DSCF3626a.jpg

wow, I love the ceiling. Nice curves. :sport-smiley-004: :sport-smiley-004:

Ay, I don't really like curtains, so no lobang on that. paisay.

suspect the paint work might be 1st or 2nd layer, the top part also haven't touch-up. :sport-smiley-018:

Changing the Alkaline Water Dispenser to the Vesta GL 988 instead of the previously mentioned undermount type due to it being the latest newest 9 plate model, healthier water to drink. So welcome cluttered counter top with 2 drill holes for inlet & outlet drainage. Acid water to be collected below sink for floor cleaning etc:

Vesta_action_B.jpg

Was looking for reviews on the Vesta GL-988 as I'm about to buy one for my household, and chanced upon this forum.

Firegoddess how is the Vesta doing for you, is it easy to use, and problem-free? Anything you like or don't like about the machine? Thanks in advance.

Was looking for reviews on the Vesta GL-988 as I'm about to buy one for my household, and chanced upon this forum.

Firegoddess how is the Vesta doing for you, is it easy to use, and problem-free? Anything you like or don't like about the machine? Thanks in advance.

Sorry bro, have not installed it yet and yes, renovation is still on-going as ID refused to do detailed drawings till ceiling was up and went through 2 months of ding dong on the carpentry details after that. Finally doing carpentry now and because of the sheer amount, ID claimed that 2 teams of carpentry men were deployed on site. Well, I got to see loads of bare bodied men these few days and would say that all of them are really very skilled and took pride in finishing each piece of carpentry in their charge. All the carpenters are very polite too and very considerate at giving leeway to a matron like me asking for minor rectifications on-site.

We visited Gary & he was very good at demo & explanations. He even sent his man to have a site consultation with my ID on how this Vesta GL-988 is to be installed. He also provided a sample water pipe & pipe bolt to be used in water-tight securing the pipes going through our concrete/silestone counter top so that holes be drilled correctly. All these without having to pay for any deposit beforehand. So I highly recommend him. :yamseng:

Edited by firegoddess