Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
fiona

Ballast for Fluorescent lamp?

Hi all,

Just to check with you guys... anyone using fluorescent tubes? If so, what type of ballast are you using?

How about those normal high-grade 22W (fluorescent) ceiling lights? Can they be used with Atco ballast?

And have you guys heard of Vitalite ballast from Taiwan?

Thanks.... :)

I recommend Philips Ballast!

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request

Go and get electronic ballast, no regrets. Save electricity, flicker-free light, instant start, brighter lights. The two common brands are Philips and Elbiru (aviod those china or no-name brand). Each electronic ballast will cost about $18.

i think you can get philip ones at $9 each at choo chiang. I've never been there, read this info from someone else who bought and used it in the forums.

I recently bought electronic ballasts to replace my old magnetic ones.

in total i got 12 florescent lamps at home, i bought 5 electronic ballasts to replace the magnetic ones of the lamps that I use the most often in the home.

With electronic ballasts, my 40w florescent doesn't feel so hot when i turn it on (i suspect the heat comes from the magnetic ballast), and now the lamp is also brighter.

the magnetic ballast one was wasting about 10w of power (printed on the ballast itself) on top of the 40w lamp. so in total the usage was 50w.

now with the electronic ballast, it only waste 3w (printed on the specs of the electronic ballast), so in total the operating of my 40w lamp in total uses 43w.

also with the electronic ballasts, now the lamp just turns on very fast, no flickering before on, no humming, overall very happy with it.

but you'll need to get a good and reliable brand.