Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
starlady29

A Very Bad Experience With Englander

I had purchase a king size bed frame and mattress from Englander. On Sept I had went down to their showroom in Furniture Mall personally to check on the measurement of the bed frame as we need the measurement for our ID, the sales told us is 183cm and in Sept we went down again to double confirm on the measure and the very experience salesman (Jason) told us is 183cm and we ask him is it enough and he reply us 183cm is very safe. When the date of delivery the king size bed wouldn’t fix into the place of 185cm. Who fault? When we call salesman (Jason) to check why the size cannot fix into place. Guess what he said?

We wanted to settled the matter and asked him is it possible to downside the bed from a king to a queen and refund us the difference. Guess what he said? He wanted us to top up in order to downside the bed. We were not happy with him so we called to talk to someone higher authority. Jason’s Manager Eric Woon called (very defensive and rude)and offer a top up of $100 and they will change the king size bed from a king to a queen. We still not happy with his offer and wanted to check with his management and the refund of the downside. A week later, we called him and checked and he said we had to pay $500 for the downsizing. We reported the matter to CASE.

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation

Once item is purchased, it would be very hard t return unless it is not opened/assembled. I have somewhat similar experience with Ikea. For the bookshelf, once assembled, it would be hard to exchange or change . I also regretted buying thick mattress from King Koil, it could not even enter the lift, have to pay contractor cost of climbing up each level.