Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
fanyong7980

Comment On Choice Of Storage Heater.

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request

Yr 30l storage heater izit round tank?

No. The round storage heater is made in Vietnam. Zero posted a picture of it in one of the thread. You can click the link below to view it.

My link

No. The round storage heater is made in Vietnam. Zero posted a picture of it in one of the thread. You can click the link below to view it.

My link

Hi 'ion',tks..but it seemed that 15l n 30l looks the same size.

Hi 'ion',tks..but it seemed that 15l n 30l looks the same size.

No, the 30l is much bigger. (Sorry for double posting. I don't know how to delete this post)

Edited by ion

Regretted buying the Cornell Multi-purpose heater CIS-S100MP at $330. The heater leaked soon after it was installed, and we called the repairman to come and repair. Then after 8 months, the heater spoiled and we have to endure cold showers over the weekend while waiting for the repairman to come. After the repairman changed the heating element, there was hot water but the heater was leaking again! Very irritated by such over-priced lousy product!!!

Regretted buying the Cornell Multi-purpose heater CIS-S100MP at $330. The heater leaked soon after it was installed, and we called the repairman to come and repair. Then after 8 months, the heater spoiled and we have to endure cold showers over the weekend while waiting for the repairman to come. After the repairman changed the heating element, there was hot water but the heater was leaking again! Very irritated by such over-priced lousy product!!!

I bought Rheem 25l for $299.60 at a shop in Jln Bersar. Can't get other brands coz of the false ceiling height restriction. Tried Joven in my previous apartment before. Pretty reliable - at least it served me well for 2 yrs. I hope Rheem works just as well.

My choice for heater will be Joven Heater. Just get a replacement for my old heater in my master-bed room due to leakage and actually got a contact from my friend for a plumber to help me with the installation. However they went up my place and comment that they cannot do it due to the heater size, they can't bring it down. Luckily i check out with everjoint where i purchase my heater and they do provide installation service.

Finally manage to change it within a day. Price and installation work are very good and do not lose out to the plumber that my friend recommend. As usual for the heater, it is working fine and no problem for the past 2 weeks. Hopefully it serve me well like the previous 1.

if it leaks, why do you still recommend it? :unsure:

I bought a joven JH25 from Zero as well and just after 1wk of usage it broke down....heating element not working...called up service centre and it takes them 1week to come n fix..now have to endure cold showers at nite..i used to use joven storage heaters but no problems but now i tink QC dropped. My contractors oso say 2 of the flats they doing now oso got problems with joven storage heaters...so i guess joven isnt really that good.. just my 2cents

Hi friend, actually a storage heater or instant heater is more energy saving? Not sure to buy storage heater or instant one for both bathroom. thanks for your kind advice.

In my opinion, if you are concerned about energy savings then you should go for instant, since you only turn it on while using. Storage heaters need to be turned on for longer duration. Having said that, other factors to consider is - if you really want to enjoy your shower, ie. using a rain shower where there is heavier waterflow, you might want to consider storage. Storage heaters can give you larger volume of hot water. If you have a false ceiling it is more aesthetically pleasing to hide the storage heater and you wont have ugly pipes visible.

any1 could intro a good quality storage heater.. mine is already up the lorry now.. leakage and rust... thx

get those with copper element inside.. but it will be more exp..