Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
orchids

Back Of Cupboard

Hi

Need advice. Back of cupboard seems to be infested by some very very tiny insects.

Will painting lacquer over it solve the problem?

( how to insert image? click 'insert image' and it prompted for URL? )

Thanks.

Edited by orchids

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation

Hi

Need advice. Back of cupboard seems to be infested by some very very tiny insects.

Will painting lacquer over it solve the problem?

Thanks.

Hi Orchids,

Are these bugs the type that does not fly, only walk and 1 mm big,

if yes, these are booklices which have mold as their foodsource,

Coating our the mold will not help and is only a cover up, till conditions are right again,

which is moisture and dampness.

You need to have the furniture disinfected, and inspected to see if there are other areas with these bugs / mold problem.

Regards

EV-Disinfection

Thanks.

u need to upload it to a website that allow imag hosting, then post the link on the insert image button. website like imageshack.us support hosting

Thanks to all who responded.

Here's the photo taken : http://imageshack.us...pboardback.jpg/

cupboardback.th.jpg

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

I've bought 2 cupboards, and after a few months, condition worsened & I feedback to furniture shop.

They allowed changing to new ones if I pay transport and manpower.

But when deliver, one is ok and one is not that ok (maybe ard 20 little holes and I saw insect after wiping clean) ...

( Honestly the one that looks ok, I'm kind of worry if it will still be ok a few months down the road )

And the options they are giving me is 'paint lacquer' or 'glue a piece of wood over it' or if insist cash, get back only 25% of cupboard value.

I've seen the tiny insect walking twice so far .. not too sure if they fly .. too small to take photo and say if I use masking tape and tap over it ..

it just looks like a dust speck (grey colour).

Then another 2 times is while looking at the cupboard with lights turned on, I see tiny insect landing onto cupboard.

As didn't see where it comes from in the first place - can't conclude.

Say, if 'paint lacquer' doesn't help, then 'glue another piece of wood' ? Better?

Edited by orchids

Just an update ... shop was kind of nice .. they allow 1-1 exchange but must pay some $$ for delivery

But when deliver in the morning, one is totally no 'little holes', one still has about 10-20 'little holes' ...

In the late afternoon, they brought another one that has even more 'little holes' ... so I rejected this one

and told the shop they didn't really offer a solution. Shop owner then offered to paint varnish as solution.

In the end I declined, sprayed Baygon, stick some plastic over it ( meant for glass windows, not the whole board la, maybe 25% only ) ...

I think so far ok.

'Coz need magnifying glass to check as the wood used for the cupboard back is darker and has more 'dots' (but they are not little holes) this round.

cupboardback.jpg

u can put image url. i am abit sensitive to see all tiny hole, made me feel itchy

do ur clothing, bag kena mould? what if outside lift lobby big pipe got bug who made some noise. should bother it or not?

Edited by dean

Hi Dean

#1 do ur clothing, bag kena mould?

no mould. these are caused by bugs at the back of the cupboard. but today I found mould in other furniture :( i will put up a post to talk/ask about it later.

#2 what if outside lift lobby big pipe got bug who made some noise. should bother it or not?

outside lift lobby big pipe? maybe ask Town Council for advice ?? ( if u stay HDB )

cupboardback.jpg

u can put image%20url%20. i am abit sensitive to see all tiny hole, made me feel itchy

do ur clothing, bag kena mould? what if outside lift lobby big pipe got bug who made some noise. should bother it or not?

Heard from friend, paint back of wardrobe with white ant paint. Ur Wood got tiny hole cos bug bite the wood.

Edited by dean