Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
johnnychai

Make Light Brighter

can anyone teach me how to make my house de light more brighter without buying new lights

my parent keep complain tat the light too dark

i am 19 year old :D

this my photo of the light

gt cover

IMG_0501.jpg

without cover

IMG_0500.jpg

thank you

awaiting for reply

Edited by johnnychai

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request

can anyone teach me how to make my house de light more brighter without buying new lights

gt cover

IMG_0501.jpg

without cover

IMG_0500.jpg

thank you

awaiting for reply

The highest wattage for ring light is 40w, no way to go brighter than 40w.

It is about time to change to use Energy saving bulb by changing the bulb holder to E27 screw type, and you can go buy Philips EasyScene Spiral bulb 20W for brightness of 100w. Get your parent to pay for it, if dont pay then dont complaint.

gt cover

IMG_0501.jpg

without cover

IMG_0500.jpg

thank you

awaiting for reply

Actually to change the light fixture its really very simple. Another option is buy floor lamp. It will bright up your house a little more, without having to change the light fixture...

Actually to change the light fixture its really very simple. Another option is buy floor lamp. It will bright up your house a little more, without having to change the light fixture...

TS current 40w ring light can only provide 40w brightness.

If he change the light fixture to E27 type and use Philips Tornado Spiral 24w energy saving bulb, he can get 125w of brightness.

Can consider changing to those Philips "extra bright" tubes. Will give about 20% more light output per watt.

Can consider changing lamp fixture with E27 holder. Ikea got sell 1 model about $39, can put in 3X E27.

Alternatively.. Just remove the lamp cover will be bright liao.

Can consider changing to those Philips "extra bright" tubes. Will give about 20% more light output per watt.

Can consider changing lamp fixture with E27 holder. Ikea got sell 1 model about $39, can put in 3X E27.

Alternatively.. Just remove the lamp cover will be bright liao.

hi yoongf

u talking about is it this > http://www.ikea.com/sg/en/catalog/products/80088678/ ??

Don't think so, the bulbs for that are GU10.

Think this is probably the one: http://www.ikea.com/sg/en/catalog/products/20032415/

But I doubt it'll be much that much brighter anyways.

The glass cover diffuses the light so it's less glaring, but in the process also reduces the brightness to a certain degree.

Also check the amount of space clearance needed in order for the glass cover to fit, that will determine the max size of the E27 bulb you can use.

If you are stuck with only two fixtures in a large space, without bringing in additional fixtures, your only option is to max out the available wattage and look for the highest efficiency bulbs/tubes you can get.

Beyond that, you need to defy physics :yamseng:

Don't think so, the bulbs for that are GU10.

Think this is probably the one: http://www.ikea.com/sg/en/catalog/products/20032415/

But I doubt it'll be much that much brighter anyways.

The glass cover diffuses the light so it's less glaring, but in the process also reduces the brightness to a certain degree.

Also check the amount of space clearance needed in order for the glass cover to fit, that will determine the max size of the E27 bulb you can use.

If you are stuck with only two fixtures in a large space, without bringing in additional fixtures, your only option is to max out the available wattage and look for the highest efficiency bulbs/tubes you can get.

Beyond that, you need to defy physics :yamseng:

this one look good but diffcult to fixed?

If that is your only source of light for a room, I really can imagine how dim that room is. It's just not comfortable and it promotes sadness and depression.

I suggest you buy another lamp if you don't want to replace that ring bulb.

There are cheap lamps that you can get that also adds as a decoration to your room..

=)