Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
CtrlZ

Abs Edging On Carpentry

Hi all,

my ID promised me ABS on all exposed cabinets but the carpenters did not do it. ID tried to convince me to accept it as majority of the carpentry is up. Is there a standard price difference between ABS and no ABS? Thinking of asking for a discount since redo everything does not seem like a good idea.

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation

Hi all,

my ID promised me ABS on all exposed cabinets but the carpenters did not do it. ID tried to convince me to accept it as majority of the carpentry is up. Is there a standard price difference between ABS and no ABS? Thinking of asking for a discount since redo everything does not seem like a good idea.

Hi, dun think there's a major difference. However, if your ID quoted without it and in the end u request for it, sure price will go up. Also ABS trimming add as a protector to the side. Without ABS, i'm worried that the lamination will not be well-protected since kitchen is a place where we tend to use wet hands to open cabinets etc.

suggest either they re-do, else ur turn to try to "hack" ur ID liao.

Hi, dun think there's a major difference. However, if your ID quoted without it and in the end u request for it, sure price will go up. Also ABS trimming add as a protector to the side. Without ABS, i'm worried that the lamination will not be well-protected since kitchen is a place where we tend to use wet hands to open cabinets etc.

suggest either they re-do, else ur turn to try to "hack" ur ID liao.

Time is not on my side leh. Actually my ID quoted with it but he put it as complimentary finishings. Now ended up dun have it... Dunno how lah...

Perhaps u can ask for other items for complimentary.

IMO, I will insist my ID to stick to wat have been agreed upon as ABS is a useful feature in closing e cabinet doors without slamming hard.

No ABS trimming, the laminate on the side will start to peel after a number of years; will be very ugly. By that time you will be very regret of the decision to compromise with your ID.

And dont be a salty olive to ask for other items as complimentary/compensation.

EDITED TO ADD: I am going for high quality expensive quartz for my kitchen counter top so the workmanship of the kitchen cabinet must build according to my specification. I can foresee my kitchen cabinet will be sky high price to build, so if the carpenter from the ID build wrongly, i will get them to hack down and redo. No compromise!

Edited by albertchng

Perhaps u can ask for other items for complimentary.

IMO, I will insist my ID to stick to wat have been agreed upon as ABS is a useful feature in closing e cabinet doors without slamming hard.

ABS is trimming, nothing to do with slamming of door. If you dont know what is what, please refrain from commencing.

Insist you ID to write down in detail all the specification of brand of parts, hardware components and wood materials use for the construction of the kitchen cabinet in the contract.

ABS is trimming, nothing to do with slamming of door. If you dont know what is what, please refrain from commencing.

Insist you ID to write down in detail all the specification of brand of parts, hardware components and wood materials use for the construction of the kitchen cabinet in the contract.

Okie, thanks for the advice. I will go thru with my ID. Really sian of all these things that I failed to notice earlier.