Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
kalimantan

Buying Type A Jade

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request

went to li-hong jewellery and kind of like the jade

although this is not meant for fs topic, i am sure some members buy jade.

Is li-hong jewellery store over-price ?

http://www.lihongjade.com/

Jade where got over price one leh....no price tag boy, as long as u like esai liao. U got arrowana pond...surely no problem wat. I also like jade but only like the purplish one....last time saw one purplish white jade horse, nearly wanted to buy....but $6000 plus plus leh...xiao bo??

for aro pond - i don't over-buy them as to me - they are still FISH (like in the fish market). Therefore i always buy direct from farms which could costs as low as $300 - $750 for top grade. Those retailers that quote 1888 or 2888 - they are trying to con consumers but i think different consumers got different taste. Therefore having a pond does not mean anything. There are taxi drivers who own more gold aro than me (20 to 30 pc)

For me , a pond allows aro to live under rain, sunlight, bigger space as close as nature as possible. putting tanks at home cost $$$ per sq feet :-)

I am glad you like jade as well. I whole-heartedly agree with u on the price tag since jade has no primary / secondary market for selling (unlike gold). Right now, i am not jumping into li-hong jewellery as i still on the look-out for reasonable price jade. Businessmen can make normal profit but not super-normal profit on me :-)

Today i went to chinatown (near smith street) and saw a shop selling jade. there is a family buying jade there, but another saleperson attend to me and here are some of the Q/A i ask the sale girl

Q : You selling what type of Jade ?

A : Type A only, Burmese

Q : Got certificate ?

A : No, but we can print for you.

Q: how many years your shop operates ?

A : a few years (isn't this contradict to certificate printing - many years no cert ??? )

Q : LiHong jewellery comes with cert ..

A : they advertise a lot, high rental, high selling price (in my heart, what is she talking about). Don't worry we have a lot of old customers.

Q : I answer her "your old customers has not relationship to me and i don't know them". So stop talking about your old customers.

Q: how do i know whether your jade is certified ?

A : She shows me a gemlogical institute in singapore - that do independent testing

Q : I told her : i recogize this institute and there are 2 such institutes in singapore !

Q : If i buy from your shop, can i request for a independent testing from this institute ? If not, i ask for refund.

A : she say "can" hestitantly ... (i give up lah )

In conclusion : maybe i can buy cheaper jade to "kai guang"