Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
sunnytan31

Help! Waterproofing Issue. Water Flowing Out

Hi all,

I seriously need advice. How can I claim this leakage from my ID? Can I seek Town Council assistance?

I very much believe waterproofing was not done properly in my common toilet. Master toilet so far so good.

Pls advice...

-------------------------------------------

Summary

Water slipping from my Common toilet into my Wardrobe, Dining and WORSE water can be seen flowing out from my Main Entrance into my corridor.

Some background history

Renovation completed abt 1.5 yrs and hardly we will use our common toilet. We only use it for Laundry.

Details

- At abt 1yr after moving in, we found water mark in my wardrobe. I thot was due to frequent raining and could be building structure leakage, therefore didn't bother my ID.

2012-01-03_18-44-38_214.jpg

- 3 weeks ago, we employed a dosmatic helper, since then the common toilet is managed and used by her. Gradually, water mark found on my dinning area wall and floor tiles.

2012-01-03_18-44-10_262.jpg

2012-01-03_18-43-42_657.jpg

- Now, water flowing from my Main entrance into Corridor.

2012-01-05_22-15-18_158.jpg

2012-01-04_07-40-33_388.jpg

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request

Renovation completed at end Aug 2010. Checked with neighbour at same floor, they do not have similar problem. I dun dare to approach my neighbour downstair. Very likely they are affected.

It looks like the problem is quite serious. Don't leave it too long or you might end up with damaged tiles.

Personally I don't think it would be easy to hold your ID responsible since your reno is over 1 yr ago already, but you should try to get him to help identify the problem since he would know your place the best.

If you want to try to identify where the water problem is from, stop using one of the toilets totally (for at least 1 week) and see whether the leakage slows down.

I'm just guessing, but some possible causes of the leakage:

- The waterproofing along the flooring / vertical walls in your toilet is insufficient so water is seeping from there

- The grouting in your toilet tiles have given way, the cement below is hollow and water seeping from there along any cracks (I saw from your reno blog that you hacked all the flooring) and toilets are near the doorway so it's flowing outwards from beneath the tiles to the outside.

- Is your wardrobe in the Master bedroom sharing the same wall as the Master toilet? If it is, you might have some water seepage issues too from the Master toilet.

I don't think you have a structural leakage otherwise you might be facing problems like damp walls (not along the flooring only)

Hope this helps.

Edited by blue_skies

It looks like the problem is quite serious. Don't leave it too long or you might end up with damaged tiles.

Personally I don't think it would be easy to hold your ID responsible since your reno is over 1 yr ago already, but you should try to get him to help identify the problem since he would know your place the best.

If you want to try to identify where the water problem is from, stop using one of the toilets totally (for at least 1 week) and see whether the leakage slows down.

I'm just guessing, but some possible causes of the leakage:

- The waterproofing along the flooring / vertical walls in your toilet is insufficient so water is seeping from there

- The grouting in your toilet tiles have given way, the cement below is hollow and water seeping from there along any cracks (I saw from your reno blog that you hacked all the flooring) and toilets are near the doorway so it's flowing outwards from beneath the tiles to the outside.

- Is your wardrobe in the Master bedroom sharing the same wall as the Master toilet? If it is, you might have some water seepage issues too from the Master toilet.

I don't think you have a structural leakage otherwise you might be facing problems like damp walls (not along the flooring only)

Hope this helps.

I have contacted my ID and he will be bringing his tiler over this Thurs to fix without hacking the floor. But I'm really puzzle it will help...

By the way, my wardrobe is sharing the same wall as common toilet.

Si bei sian lor. Water is money and water is flowing out from my main door. Haiz....