Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
Sze Hui

New House, New Life, New Hope

Went to their main showroom @ Genting Lane. Also Johnny said only at Genting Lane one, they can give you additional discount.

Thanks. While browsing hob, did you see if they sell any induction hob?

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation

Thanks. While browsing hob, did you see if they sell any induction hob?

I Didn't...If you are looking for induction hob, why not go to Mayers? Aristol have those that had a mix of induction / ceramic vitro with gas hobs. i tried asking for induction, but Uncle said i must be willing to pay $400-500 for electricity bill which i was unwilling. He suggest for me to buy a portable induction instead of entire induction hob.

Anyway, the one i saw in Mayer that had a mix also cost more than $700. $$ is tight for me. So decide to just get a simple one will do.

Lifetime warranty? Any TnC?

Uncle never mentioned about T&C. He very confidently said "this is hardened glass". how to break? If it really breaks, its lifetime warranty. you can change another one for free. :dancingqueen:

I Didn't...If you are looking for induction hob, why not go to Mayers? Aristol have those that had a mix of induction / ceramic vitro with gas hobs. i tried asking for induction, but Uncle said i must be willing to pay $400-500 for electricity bill which i was unwilling. He suggest for me to buy a portable induction instead of entire induction hob.

Anyway, the one i saw in Mayer that had a mix also cost more than $700. $$ is tight for me. So decide to just get a simple one will do.

Wow... I didn't expect electricity bill will go up that high. I am also not willing to pay so much for electric bills, especially for only two persons. Unfortunately, my house area don't have citygas, so we have to use gas tank, if we buy gas hob. Fujioh is good, I will also buy it if I'm choosing gas hob. How much did you get your hob?

Wow... I didn't expect electricity bill will go up that high. I am also not willing to pay so much for electric bills, especially for only two persons. Unfortunately, my house area don't have citygas, so we have to use gas tank, if we buy gas hob. Fujioh is good, I will also buy it if I'm choosing gas hob. How much did you get your hob?

i am using vitro ceramic and i cook like 4-5 times a week.... sometimes boiling soup for 3-4 hours even. but my electric bill is less than $100 loh... so whatever been said about electricity being so high like $400 is not true at all.

Fyi - i bake as well.. using oven up to 3-4 times a week..... and incl baking and cooking, my electricity still below $100. But one thing to note, i seldom uses aircon.

if you use induction, then you have to buy pots and pans suitable for induction. Vitro ceramic can use any pots or pans. But vitro ceramic is slower to heat up so sometimes takes a while to cook food that have a lot of water.

i am using vitro ceramic and i cook like 4-5 times a week.... sometimes boiling soup for 3-4 hours even. but my electric bill is less than $100 loh... so whatever been said about electricity being so high like $400 is not true at all.

Fyi - i bake as well.. using oven up to 3-4 times a week..... and incl baking and cooking, my electricity still below $100. But one thing to note, i seldom uses aircon.

if you use induction, then you have to buy pots and pans suitable for induction. Vitro ceramic can use any pots or pans. But vitro ceramic is slower to heat up so sometimes takes a while to cook food that have a lot of water.

I am still considering between induction and glass hob. Firstly, I don't want to waste the shelf space to put the gas tank. Maybe in future may consider a built-in oven to build under the hob. Secondly, I also don't want to spend too much money on a hob (believing induction cost more than glass hob) as we don't cook at home, most of the time eat outside.

I am still considering between induction and glass hob. Firstly, I don't want to waste the shelf space to put the gas tank. Maybe in future may consider a built-in oven to build under the hob. Secondly, I also don't want to spend too much money on a hob (believing induction cost more than glass hob) as we don't cook at home, most of the time eat outside.

My area also dun have city gas... Tats the thing that upset my mum most. This is the 3rd time we are moving. The first two houses had city gas. So quite taken by surprise that actually there are some areas that do not have city gas. But wat to do...got to live on with it. THe fujioh hob cost around $400+. but becos' we buy it together with the hood, they gave me a special price. I also dun lik the idea of having a gas tank around. But sigh.....i guess its only a matter of habit bah. Anyway, the only comfort is they are cheaper than govt gas. N also they are providing good service these days. So need not worry too much of going gasless.

I also understand that Ceramic vitro doesn't cost as much in electricity compared to Induction. But having ask around so many stores, most of the answer given to me is that it induction cost alot of electricity. And older generation may not like it as well. If you have a habit of cooking with wok, then induction will not work. My mum is a traditional chinese, so got to stick to traditional way of cooking...bt i'll still buy a portable one in case the gas runs out.

Edited by SzeHui

Ahhh.. that's what ny parents told me too. Nowadays, gas delivery man is fast. You call them, they come immediately, but if gas runs out during night, use the portable induction hob. They also told me to buy a portable one in case run out of gas

My area also dun have city gas... Tats the thing that upset my mum most. This is the 3rd time we are moving. The first two houses had city gas. So quite taken by surprise that actually there are some areas that do not have city gas. But wat to do...got to live on with it. THe fujioh hob cost around $400+. but becos' we buy it together with the hood, they gave me a special price. I also dun lik the idea of having a gas tank around. But sigh.....i guess its only a matter of habit bah. Anyway, the only comfort is they are cheaper than govt gas. N also they are providing good service these days. So need not worry too much of going gasless.

I also understand that Ceramic vitro doesn't cost as much in electricity compared to Induction. But having ask around so many stores, most of the answer given to me is that it induction cost alot of electricity. And older generation may not like it as well. If you have a habit of cooking with wok, then induction will not work. My mum is a traditional chinese, so got to stick to traditional way of cooking...bt i'll still buy a portable one in case the gas runs out.

ceramic vitro cost more i would imagine cos it take a longer time to heat up. as for induction, its much faster....

Secondly, looking at the kW, vitro ceramic is 2000kW (i think) but induction usually ard 1500kW.

yup, for induction, wok would not work as induction need water to have heat. vitro ceramic is heating up the pots and pans as well as everything inside so its ok if using wok. i have been using for 9 months and its working perfectly well. like what i said, it just take longer for initial heat up but once its heated up, its much hotter than gas.

Reason why i choose vitro ceramic:

1) the top are flat, looks nicer

2) less smoke compared to gas

3) i can use a fan while cooking, as fire will not be blown out

4) there is a timer, so if i am boiling soup, i can set the timer while i go shower. i had boil soup before that when i go shower, it flow out and almost burnt my whole pot.

My FIL loves his induction hob leh... Cook dinner daily for average 7 persons, living in a flat with 5 adults n 1 kids. Monthly pub bill is $300. We rarely use aircon though... Didn't know induction hob doesn't work for wok cooking. No wonder I have a hard time trying to use the wok..

My FIL loves his induction hob leh... Cook dinner daily for average 7 persons, living in a flat with 5 adults n 1 kids. Monthly pub bill is $300. We rarely use aircon though... Didn't know induction hob doesn't work for wok cooking. No wonder I have a hard time trying to use the wok..

it could be the fridge or storage water heater that cost the high electrical bill too.

induction can work with wok but you need to buy special wok that are used for induction. not easy to find cos the bottom have to be flat... there are induction hob that have curve bottom for curved wok but cannot use other pots on it... so its quite useless.

Went to Ikea yesterday to sought inspiration for my wardrobe internal design. Decide to adopt Ikea measurement so that i can easily buy Ikea stuff for replacement.

1) For the kitchen

img0941gv.jpg

soft closing device

img0940e.jpg

Will also be buying this for the pots and pans

img0936bn.jpg

img0937ze.jpg

For wardrobe

Be doing the same where top part is the rod for hanging and bottom is the trousers hanger.

img0942y.jpg

Asked my contractor to do this type of drawer.

img0948fw.jpg

Ikea wardrobe has basic dimension of 58cm for the depth. 3 kind of sizes for width of 50cm, 75cm and 100cm.