Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
Sze Hui

New House, New Life, New Hope

Please bear with me as I am still struggling to post my flr plan and pictures here. :unsure:

Oh...was it blk 315?

Edited by SzeHui

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation

Entertainment room / Study room

img1010hw.jpg

Kohler shower mixer up @ common bathroom

img1005ms.jpg

Master B/R bathroom

img1008vo.jpg

Master bedroom. Found this wall abit too dull. Colour is slightly dark and becos my wall is rather patchy, the dark colour makes it even more obvious. Wanna ask my contractor to change. Dunno whether he willing or not.

img1009q.jpg

Hi, is your master bath brown tiles or brown marble on wall?

Finally found a time to see the update on the house:

Grilles are up

img003ff.jpg

Lights are almost up

img004ro.jpg

My light in master bedroom. Havent remove the covering. Also need them to adjust it higher

img006c.jpg

Had a problem with the basin cabinet in my common bathroom. Too big and will be splashed wet during bath. This was initially to be used in MBR, but the plumber was saying too big and i asked for a swop with the one that was intended for common bathroom. Spoke to my ID and he said he will see if this can be fixed in my MBR toilet again once the shower screen in my MBR is up next Tuesday. He said shouldn't be a prob and since measurement was given by him. He got to fix this up right? I called up hoe kee, but it can't be exchanged already since it was already mount on. Now can only pray hard this can go to MBR toilet.

img008uci.jpg

Hi, is your master bath brown tiles or brown marble on wall?

Its actually tiles. No $$ for marbles lar. But this tile resembles those normally used in hotels.

Realised that my house is so well-lighted. Think i spend too much on lightings already. Intend to sell away one of the white light i put for my common room. Anyone interested? $100. Using energy saving bulbs.

img009dl.jpg

After downlight bulb spoil, i will buy a lower watts one to save $$.

Mine's 314. Yours 319? Looks like your house is getting shaped up nicely. Congrats :yamseng:

Doing reno is a big thing - making numerous decisions :deal: , having to keep our cool :furious: and endure sleepless nights zz when things go unfavorable, having to dig deeper into our pockets when the unexpected creeps up :bangwall: and worrying whether the contractor will do a disappearing act half way. :jail:

Give yourself a pat on the back :bow: SzeHui, you've done a good job !!

Thanks all for your encouragement....its indeed tough for me since i'm the only one making all decisions alone.....My contractor may not be the best contractor, but is definitely reliable. So far, 2 WC have all cracked and he willingly accept it and will compensate me with new ones.

I guess there's always hick up all the way, but having a contractor readily accepting it and changing is very important...My contractor has done that all far.. though new issues crops up, but i'm sure theres always a solution for it. ;)

E.g. Wardrobe drop down cabinet is too overly done...he will rectify it by changing the front panel

What was done

p2270768.jpg

What i wanted

img0948fw.jpg

Still in negotation. The TV console is too long. I wanted a study table for two actually. For this, he told me it was according to measurement. Have to check whats the agreement liao.... From this, i learnt something, we must always be around during the actual measurement so that we can rectify immediately if there's any measurement which we feel is not in accordance.

p2270765.jpg

For me, this is my 1st renovation process. From mistake, i learn my part. I'm quite thin skinned and always feel very bad to trouble my busy contractor...But i guess, its always best to trouble him rather than in the end, mistake is make.

Mine's 314. Yours 319? Looks like your house is getting shaped up nicely. Congrats :yamseng:

Doing reno is a big thing - making numerous decisions :deal: , having to keep our cool :furious: and endure sleepless nights zz when things go unfavorable, having to dig deeper into our pockets when the unexpected creeps up :bangwall: and worrying whether the contractor will do a disappearing act half way. :jail:

Give yourself a pat on the back :bow: SzeHui, you've done a good job !!

Thank you for your encouragement, still alot of learning process for me... Next time i can visit ur house when its done? I realise that ours are all from bricks, so house is always crooked here and there n i guess plastering the walls doesn't really straighten it (I didn't do plastering, but a frend was telling me so).

You are right about the uneven walls and ceiling. It seems that flats built around 1986 are all like that 8| . We did not do plastering for the house also when we had our 1st reno. That time, not much $$ and had to shift-in in 3 weeks. We just came out with a simple layout, hired different contractors for electrical, carpentry, windows and wet works. Coordinating all of them to work amiably was challenging :argue:. That's why, this time round, we are going to sit back and let the ID do the work :) We'll just pop in everyday to check on the progress.

If you paint your walls white or light colors, it will not be too bad. No problem :sport-smiley-018: Once my reno is done, I'll call you over :D

plastering only make it smooth, not make it straight. my ceiling is loopsided, one side from floor to ceiling is 2.5m and another side is 2.4m. so the plastering just cover the rock stone but not the difference of 10cm.

plastering only make it smooth, not make it straight. my ceiling is loopsided, one side from floor to ceiling is 2.5m and another side is 2.4m. so the plastering just cover the rock stone but not the difference of 10cm.

Yep...so better save my $$ on plastering...who knows one day govt siao siao and say "en-bloc"

Talking about changing the size of my TV console and study table, my contractor will make my study table wider and deeper as well and will redo my TV console. I feel very glad and happy especially since after reading alot of horrible news in the forum that normally the IDs or Contractors will push away and blame the fault of the owner.

My contractor even find hairline crack for the WC on he's own and compensate me for that. So at this point of time, i can only comment that Rijal is really responsible and providing good service. Only thing is he is handling a few projects alone and can be quite occupied.

Yep...so better save my $$ on plastering...who knows one day govt siao siao and say "en-bloc"

depending on how old is your block lah. if still new, then won't enbloc so soon lah.... hehehehe...

depending on how old is your block lah. if still new, then won't enbloc so soon lah.... hehehehe...

My block is a 1984 block... old enuf for en-bloc?