Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
Sze Hui

New House, New Life, New Hope

Alex came and do up the window yesterday. Found that the grilles at the living room and front bedroom was removed. Worst, it was sold away by he's worker. :jawdrop: No way to retrieve it liao. Alex wanted to do for me free. But i guess its no good that people lose $$. So i propose for him to do power coated for me and i pay for half the price lor. Fair deal right? Also withold half the price of the grilles. Alex was ok with it. Good service. I recommend him strongly. Price of he's window is also fair. :good:

img0961wp.jpg

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request

Some tiles not properly laid. Had crack. Tiler said he cut it accidentally, but can be covered and unseen. Was hesistating whether to tell my contractor or not since its at the top. But reckon that better to say than to regret. haha...so it will be changed. :sport-smiley-004: Anyway, he says that he's rather disappointed with the wall tiles this time cos' is quite uneven which makes the tiling ugly. Boycott Hafary.

img0954o.jpg

img0953el.jpg

Aircon piping also done. They will come down another round next week to put up the unit. Not bad for Wellux. That would be their 4th time coming down.

img0960vd.jpg

Door is also here. But still raw. Need to paint over. Was surprise, thought it would have come in veneer finish itself. Dunno that painting is needed.

img0963og.jpg

Indeed, good service. The view from your window looks very nice. If can do without the grills, will be terrific

yep. That's the back view. It will not have any grilles. Next time i'll take the front view as well. :notti:

Ikea soft closing is good, cheap as well.

I also heard that Blum soft closing is equally cheap. Also just a few dollars. In fact, what i heard is that its cheaper than Ikea. Ikea is $9.

Stayed at a boutique hotel in taipei n really love it. Thought of having such design. But of cos' in terms of costing, not very practical.

011nqq.jpg

nice simple and cozy feel

I was told Blum soft closing is $15 per pair. :jawdrop:

Yar, but u dun need to put a pair. normally they need to put only 1 on each side of the door. So its still cheaper than Ikea.

Really? Just one to put there? Not a pair? Can you explain the reason? Can work efficiently?

A pair then the soft closing will be too slow. Sometimes can't even close properly. But with only one, it would make it close softly still. You have to see to understand.....

A pair then the soft closing will be too slow. Sometimes can't even close properly. But with only one, it would make it close softly still. You have to see to understand.....

Wah...May is indeed an expert!

Had mentioned that i wanna share the view @ my front. This was wat make our eyes pasted with stamp. It was unblock and we had a clear view of the lake. However, far ahead we can see 3 chimneys from Jurong Island as well...Fengshui master said not very good for our eyes. Reckon that the good view will not last long. The land beside the stadium maybe sold to Pvt Developer one day to build condo n block all the views.... :dunno:

img0972eh.jpg

Edited by SzeHui

Talking about aircon installation, called up Wellux when i saw this. The box up is not done very well.

img0970ul.jpg

Teo from Wellux came and found other mistake. He said this is a minor one, only rubber insulation not properly hidden. Just need to use silicon to cover up. But he found water piping done outside the wall which is not approved by HDB. So he will ask them down to re-do. Also piping at my mum's room should be done just above the skirting, but it was put way too high. He's also unsatisfied and will also get them to re-do. Think he'll come down and do the monitoring himself. :good: Not bad service afterall. But i'll do the judgement only when everything is done.