Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
epiphone

Executing A Move-Out, Reno, Move-In

Dear gurus,

Have a question that needs your help.

Am trying to move out of a 3 room HDB temporarily so that I can get reno works done, then move back in again. Would be needing to store both myself and my stuff during the whole timeframe of the reno process. Am now considering what are the options available for me.

1) rent one of those storage spaces to store my stuff, then store myself somewhere else, for e.g. a hotel

2) rent an empty HDB where I can store both my stuff AND myself

For second option, what is the minimum period of stay required at the rented HDB? Would I be allowed to move my stuff in? Considering fridge, TV are part of the "stuff", i.e. not minor stuff.

Would like to hear any of the folks here who have executed similar stunt before.

Thanks, gong xi gong xi!

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation

The common rental period for HDB room is usually 1year...might be abit hard to get shorter lease.

Last time the "flat" at changi village, above the shops have monthly rental (with Ntuc income if i not wrong)

it may be a cheaper option compare to storage space for ur items + storage for urself.. but location is abit far off.

Hope u find your best option soon! Good Luck and HAppy New Year.

Dear gurus,

Have a question that needs your help.

Am trying to move out of a 3 room HDB temporarily so that I can get reno works done, then move back in again. Would be needing to store both myself and my stuff during the whole timeframe of the reno process. Am now considering what are the options available for me.

1) rent one of those storage spaces to store my stuff, then store myself somewhere else, for e.g. a hotel

2) rent an empty HDB where I can store both my stuff AND myself

For second option, what is the minimum period of stay required at the rented HDB? Would I be allowed to move my stuff in? Considering fridge, TV are part of the "stuff", i.e. not minor stuff.

Would like to hear any of the folks here who have executed similar stunt before.

Thanks, gong xi gong xi!

can put your stuff at a temporary storage space but stay at a relative place. Otherwise, if you stay at a hotel, it would be quite costly.

Thanks for all the replies. Found out that some of the mover companies do provide some month-long storage service, thinking of engaging them for it, since will need to get them to move-out/move-back.

Typically what is the total renovation time required for a a 3-rm, include hacking? Trying to calculate total cost of storing myself.

if its a simple renovation , 6 weeks.

if its a renovation that has potential to be on the cover of Home N Decor , 10 - 12 weeks :-)

better buffer more than less.

Cheers,

GHCY

lol.. hdb got ruling against 2mths rental or not ah??

me did post an ad for room..but ahah i put super high rental lor. LOL

Think have lor..

Period of Subletting

Owners are not allowed to sublet their bedrooms on a short term basis. The period of subletting to each subtenant per application must not be less than 6 months.