Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
Schutzstaffel

Problem With Main Door Handleset

Hi all,

I purchased a Yale main door handleset yesterday with the intention of changing my old handleset. But i found out the new screw holes' positions doesn't match my existing one on the door.

What should i do now ? Can i re-drill another hole into my main door to fit the new set ?

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation

Finally done with the fitting of our new lockset yesterday. The locksmith just drilled 1 additional hole into our main door to solve the problem.

Btw, the locksmith who change our lock did a wonderful job. His name is Peter Teo. If anybody wants to change your lock, pls let me know and I will pass you his contacts. He also did electrical and plumbing works around the east area.

Finally done with the fitting of our new lockset yesterday. The locksmith just drilled 1 additional hole into our main door to solve the problem.

Btw, the locksmith who change our lock did a wonderful job. His name is Peter Teo. If anybody wants to change your lock, pls let me know and I will pass you his contacts. He also did electrical and plumbing works around the east area.

Hi there..

I wanted to buy the Yale handle set but was advised by the salesperson that it's advisable to measure first as the common old handle set r usually longer. Went home to measure n it is indeed longer then the Yale handle set. Can I ask if ur locksmith just drill an additional hole n the old hole is covered nicely by the Yale handle set? Thanks in advance! :yamseng:

The old hole is covered nicely by new lockset at the front of the door. For the back of the door, the hole has to be patched up. The old type of lockset for HDB main door has probably ceased to be sold in Singapore. I tried searching many shops and did not find it even though I asked the sales rep.

The old hole is covered nicely by new lockset at the front of the door. For the back of the door, the hole has to be patched up. The old type of lockset for HDB main door has probably ceased to be sold in Singapore. I tried searching many shops and did not find it even though I asked the sales rep.

Hi there..

I compared the measurements for the screws of the new Yale set n my old one branded Posse.. From a rough eye view, it seems that the old holes could not be covered. As advised by our ID, its best to get the same old model. Finally, I bought another cheaper brand Nelon which the shop person said was the best fit to Posse handleset at 1/3 of the price. Guess if it lacks in quality wise, I can use the difference in price to replace another 2 times.. ;) self-consolation..

Edited by LynZie