Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
yeese

H & H Love Nest @ Tampines

Dunno what she is thinking but hopefully this will be the last time that I will ever meet her!

Anyway, with the completion of the HDB purchase, my wife and I are a pair of proud HDB flat owner!

Luckily there is something cheerful with such a lousy first entrance into the house... My ID managed to give me a revised 3D Drawing!

masterbedroom.png

masterbedroomfeature.png

kitchendining.png

livingarea.png

Edited by yeese

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request

Anyone have experience in changing the main door of their HDB flat? Is a fire rated main door (around 1000) a must in Tampines area or can I just get a non fire rated door (around 300 to 400)?

Anyone have experience in changing the main door of their HDB flat? Is a fire rated main door (around 1000) a must in Tampines area or can I just get a non fire rated door (around 300 to 400)?

If HDB has installed fire rated doors for Tampines area, you need to have fire rated door in your unit. You can change a new door, but it must be fire rated.

Hi Ayazumi,

The padlock has a broken key stucked inside... even the master key or the locksmith's lock picking skill is useless....

What made me mad is that when she was handling us the bag of keys during the 2nd appointment, she wishes us good luck in trying all the keys to get the 'prize'... We are thinking of the grills lock or the cabinet lock, not the MAIN DOOR!!!

And when we called her to assist on the lock, she even demanded us to pay for the 2 ways taxi fares to come over! Seriously making me steaming mad!!!

Just throw away all their letters.... Don't ever bother to do them any favours....

[quote name='yeese' timestamp='1332925415' post='704755'

livingarea.png

Wah, the suggested ceiling fan is dangerously low....

All HDB main doors must be fire-rated I think... I was contemplating to change too... Called up Yontat and another company which is wellknown in this forum but forgot the name. So far cheapest is also 1000. The will need to send to some gov body to certify 30 min fire proof for each door. Don't ask me how they certify it.... Takes 1 week to process upon ordering....

Thanks! Can i check how long usually it will takes for the approval of HDB permit ( renovation work incl wall hacking etc)? It is not indicated in HDB website. We are still waiting for the permit to kick start our renovation work.

Thanks! Can i check how long usually it will takes for the approval of HDB permit ( renovation work incl wall hacking etc)? It is not indicated in HDB website. We are still waiting for the permit to kick start our renovation work.

From our experience, within 1 working day I can see it online liao....

Hi Beluga,

Thanks for the advice on the fan and door! Still sourcing for the 'ideal' fan... Not too low as it will be dangerous and yet too high as it will be windless... Might be going back to Malaysia for the fan...

As for the door, YonTat is quoting $1200 for a fire rated main door and around $800 for the door grill... The main door and grill seems to be out of our budget for now so will not be replacing them at this moment... We settled with buying 3 solid doors for our rooms at $280 each as their price is the lowest! And that include the lock and door stopper!

dooribu.jpg

Hi Beluga,

Thanks for the advice on the fan and door! Still sourcing for the 'ideal' fan... Not too low as it will be dangerous and yet too high as it will be windless... Might be going back to Malaysia for the fan...

As for the door, YonTat is quoting $1200 for a fire rated main door and around $800 for the door grill... The main door and grill seems to be out of our budget for now so will not be replacing them at this moment... We settled with buying 3 solid doors for our rooms at $280 each as their price is the lowest! And that include the lock and door stopper!

dooribu.jpg

Fwah 280 everything is indeed cheap. Solid door some more. However, the attached image does not look like solid door.... More like veneer door.

Edited by beluga

As for the ceiling fan, if you are into kdk and Panasonic fan, getting from Malaysia is cheap. KDK baby fan is RM315. Only thing is there is no white model, only silver and champagne color.Panasonic M15E8 is RM390 and KDK Sensa 4 is RM475 (if I still remember correctly)... Get it from Yes Electrical at Jalan Serampang. They will give you the U hook as well. Baby do not need this hook as they will bundle their own hook.

These are the only 3 models suitable for HDB. KDK baby fan is 1100mm(44") diameter and about 15 cm from ceiling and the rest is 1500(56") and about 30 cm from ceiling.

Edited by beluga

Grohe sales start today, with items on sales up to 50%! As we heard a lot about this brand in RenoTalk, we decided to take a look to see whether we can grab anything for our bathroom.... Well, Grohe product's quality is there but the price is higher than expected! Decided to go down a level and get 'normal' stuff that suit our budget..

We have been comparing prices from few shops mentioned in RenoTalk such as RenoHub, Hoe Kee and Sim Siang Choon.. So when my ID brought us to Kian Shen, we found their price reasonable (and cheaper than the mentioned shops as they give further discount and absorb GST) and bought most of our stuff there!

2 x One piece toilet bowl (MDM6081 and MDM6042)

Designer Basin (A170)

Designer Basin Tap (Pozzi F921L)

Basin Tap (Pozzi K321)

Rain Shower (Pozzi 9243)

Kitchen Tap (Pozzi P8000)

2 x Spray Tap with Bidet

7 pieces toilet accessories

Ferroli Storage Tank

Hi Beluga,

Yeah, it is PE veneer door... but it comes in two types, hollow - $210 and solid - $280 (all exclude GST). Veneer design is more suitable for our theme and solid for its quality (hopefully got some sound proof effect)

I guess the solid door that you meant is nytoh solid door? It is the same price as the veneer door in Yontat :D.

It is good to take the door directly from Yontat as some shops are selling it after marking up the price to $380!

After such a long anticipation period, our renovation finally started today! Our ID got some contractors to dismantle the water piping, electrical cabling and laying corrugated paper... Yontat send someone for the door measurement and my wife sent me to measure the windows so that she can order the curtain this weekend :P...

Hacking can start tomorrow with the hacking permit finally approved!!! :D

img0825gs.jpg

img0827xa.jpg

img0849wk.jpg