Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
yeese

H & H Love Nest @ Tampines

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request

Hi Janetan82,

The initial quotation is around 31k... waiting for the Variation Invoice to know the actual cost as we added a few items(re-tiling the service yard, add a shoe cabinet, etc...)

The electrical work including the lightings are around 3.5k and the accessories bought for the toilet and kitchen (including hob, hood and over) is another 4.5k...

wow.. $31k+ quite alot.. my new house structure is the same as urs. but i need to shift the kitchen door to another side as its clash with my main door (see fengshui).

Edited by janetan82

The hacking started and I am still shocked with the condition of my house.. What a mess!!! The toilet is totally destroyed and they started with the hacking of the kitchen... All the dismantled carpentry are stored in one of my common room and there is a sand dune in the living room!!!

hackingp.jpg

The good thing is that 旧的不去,新的不來...

With this, I will appreciate my house better when the renovation finally completed :D

Edited by yeese

The only chance to take my house's 'naked' pic and I am given such a bad lighting.... There is no natural light with the cloudy days and the electricity has been disconnected for the cable dismantling...

Well, this is the best pic I can take with my good old Iphone 4...

img0901rg.jpg

Edited by yeese

On my next visit, the cement is up and ready for the tiling... No complain here for the efficiency...

cement.jpg

For those of you who wonder why did the contractor always made so many holes on your wall during the hacking session, it is to make the cement stick better... Good to know that you can always learn something new everyday :D

On the first day of tiling comes the first deviation from the original design... He initially proposed to have two 'feature walls' side by side in the toilet, one for the shower area and one for the toilet bowl... Now that they started tiling, he sees that the common toilet is too small to go on with the original design and proposed a new suggestion by rearranging the tile... Being such an idiot in imaging the final product (that's why we need the 3D drawing!!), I have to agree with whatever he proposed.. Well, that's the reason we get an ID...

tilev.jpg

We saw the completed tiling and lucky for him, it still suit to our taste :D

sam1093ph.jpg

Other than ID, we got to say thanks to these hardworking tilers...

tiler.jpg

Their other 'masterpieces' in progress...

othertile.jpg

Edited by yeese

Renovation rarely goes 100% smoothly and we got our first 'hiccup' last Friday when OpenNet and GainCity came for the fiber & air-conditional installations.. Our ID agreed the day before to be there for us, just in case we need any advice but when OpenNet came at the agreed time, he is no where to be seen! We were at a loss on how the cabling should goes even though we have identify the position of the fiber termination.. The cabling can't go via the floor as it is blocked by the sand dune nor near the ceiling as the cornice is yet to be dismantled! We are forced to reschedule with OpenNet to come back later (We are their first job of the day)

We quickly called the ID and was told that he was stuck at another customer... Lucky for us, he rushed over and managed to reach our house when the OpenNet came for the second time... He was surprised with the un-dismantled cornice and quickly call his contractor to come over... In the end, the OpenNet workers has to hack a small part of the cornice themselves to complete the fiber installation...

sam1109d.jpg

Gain City came and has to assist to dismantle the cornice as well to complete their job...

sam1108u.jpg

The contractor came to dismantle the cornice AFTER the OpenNet completed their job and Gain City halfway installing the air-conditional's trunking...

img0925gr.jpg

Halfway through the havoc we realized it is our fault to schedule all the job to be done on FRIDAY the 13th!!! Good thing is that our Gain City installer is very nice and professional... Our ID told us we are lucky as Gain City's installers have a reputation to be inflexible... They will only do the trunking to minimize the required trunking and won't follow your suggestion for the sake of design... Hurray for our Gain City installer!

img0917op.jpg

And our Hoe Kee's stuff arrived on that day too...

img0921d.jpg

We came to check the air-conditional installation the next day and was **** furious to discover the cornice dismantling job is not completed!!!

sam1107s.jpg

Called the ID immediately and was given some excuses (I can't remember...) At least he promised to get someone to completed it as soon as possible and he will get them to have extra care for the cornice around the fiber cabling... It is fragile and I will get him to pay for the re-wiring if anything happened to it! (It cost $220 for OpenNet to come for the re-cabling for the second time....)

At least the isn't any issue with the air-conditional installation from the look of it... We are unable to try as the electricity cabling is yet to start...

aircond.jpg

Guess we are not the only unlucky one on Friday the 13th as Hoe Kee called us to inform they have sent two identical cabinets instead of one cabinets and one sink (for our common bathroom...) They get someone to come over to perform the replacement...

There is a Electrolux warehouse sales this weekend and my wife managed to grab a in-built microwave oven at $260!!!

Edited by yeese

Finally I finished the update on the renovation progress done last week!

Special thanks to Yon Tat for postponing our schedule today for the door installation. Their schedule was full and initially they can only reschedule us to mid May if we don't proceed with the installation today... As we have yet to clear the hacking debris, our veneer door will be gone case (imaging scratches on your brand new doors) if we proceed with the installation today..

We initially suggested to them to do all the required installation such as drilling the hole, install the door stopper, etc and leave the final steps of fixing the door to us when the debris is cleared... But being professional, they don't agree as they are worried we can't align the door properly and managed to squeeze a Saturday schedule for us! Super thanks for the favor!

Additional progress today is that our ID managed to bring forward the plastering schedule to start today (yesterday as it is after 12am now) instead of next week in order to fulfill his commitment to complete the whole renovation work by 5th May! I guess he is trying to compensate the cornice 'hiccup' that happened last week...

And just before I ended the update for today, I would like to mention our 2nd renovation 'hiccup'... The toilet bowls that our ID brought us to choose previously is not suitable for our house! Something about the distance of the toilet piping to the wall being too near... Standard distance for HDB is 6 inches or 10 inches but ours is only 3.5 inches, which is for those old old toilet bowl! Hopefully Kian Shen can help us find replacement that have similar design and pricing!!!

Edited by yeese

My ID has requested us to finalize the paint color and the power point placement for our house. Below are the points that I proposed:

powera.png

In total, there will be 44 points... Is that too much?

Edited by yeese

Thanks to Kian Shen, our WC issue is solved but with some compromise...

We got to pay extra $118 for the master bedroom WC and replace our common bathroom WC with a two piece instead of one piece...

62931134.jpg

My ID has requested us to finalize the paint color and the power point placement for our house. Below are the points that I proposed:

powera.png

In total, there will be 44 points... Is that too much?

8 power points for the living room? That's a lot! Do you need that many?

More is better than less, for the console area. I got 3 double gang for the tv console. But I think there is too many points in the kitchen. You need so many electronic appliances for the kitchen?