Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
paladin126

Correct Way To Lay/place Homo Tiles?

Hi,

Anyone knows where the first homo 60cm X 60cm tile is placed? I have a main door that is beside the wall. Contractor say lay the tile in the middle of the 90cm door, so left 15cm on the right, next to the wall, look better.

I was thinking of placing the first tile right beside the wall, so that all the tiles at the main door will be complete and full?

Anyone has any advise? Can help? or look at the position of the homo tiles in front of your main door and let me know how your contractor lays it?

Thanks

Edited by paladin126

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation

Tiler is correct.

U got to take note, a room is not necessarily square, by following the alignment of just 1 wall, u may end up with everything being off alignment.

Is better for the tile to set it's own alignment relative to the door.

No right or wrong, since you are the one facing it everyday, do whatever you prefer.

But I'll prefer your contractor's way cause it'll look more 'balance' like a pathway leading into your house.

Are you just doing tiles in your living? Doing in your kitchen? I guess the tiler ask this because the alignment to be in sync throughout to the kitchen, something like dat.

Actually my living room is squarish. So I should follow the tiler's method instead of aligning the tiles to the wall beside the main door??

floorplanl.jpg

Edited by paladin126

The tiler has a good advice, that's better way to do it.

Even if ur room looks squarish from the floor plan, but pls be aware that sometimes a wall might be slanted by few cm. So if u start the tiles from the wall, chances are, there will be a tiny piece of tiles once u reach the other side of the wall.