Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
muska1119

Our New Home @ Whampoa

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation

Nice!!! When move in? Or already done?

Hopefully by next sun, can go through the 'opening ceremony' .. Still long way to go necessity(clothings, etc) still not there.. but everytime we go over, turn on tv n sit by the sofa, so comfortable n refused to go back my mum hse which we temp staying now..Heh

I like the color combination. I suggest you place a mat under your sofa. It looks risky to have a sofa with metal leggings. You may accidentally scratch your floor if drag the sofa. You may say you and your husband can lift the sofa and move to the position you like, I suggest you don't do that. Me and my hubby did that, I felt sharp pain on my lower spine, and not believing it, we lifted the sofa the second time, the pain was worst than the first time, and immediately I dropped the sofa on the floor. Sofa is too heavy for ladies to lift, so please do take care of your spine.

Not all surfaces are suitable to use thinner to clean. My Hubby used thinner to wipe on my place mat for dining table, the thinner too strong for the plastic and cause it to melt. End up have to throw the place mat away.

Edited by ayazumi

I like the color combination. I suggest you place a mat under your sofa. It looks risky to have a sofa with metal leggings. You may accidentally scratch your floor if drag the sofa. You may say you and your husband can lift the sofa and move to the position you like, I suggest you don't do that. Me and my hubby did that, I felt sharp pain on my lower spine, and not believing it, we lifted the sofa the second time, the pain was worst than the first time, and immediately I dropped the sofa on the floor. Sofa is too heavy for ladies to lift, so please do take care of your spine.

Not all surfaces are suitable to use thinner to clean. My Hubby used thinner to wipe on my place mat for dining table, the thinner too strong for the plastic and cause it to melt. End up have to throw the place mat away.

there's proper technique to lifting. you are not suppose to bend your spine, should bent your knee while keeping your back upright as you lift. the stance is something like the wuxia standing-horse stance.

take care....better not exert in the next 2 weeks ya....

my painter told me this.

to wipe paint off any surface, try to use water first. if it does not work, then use turpentine, and lastly thinner.

i think thinner is the most abrasive of all.

there's proper technique to lifting. you are not suppose to bend your spine, should bent your knee while keeping your back upright as you lift. the stance is something like the wuxia standing-horse stance.

take care....better not exert in the next 2 weeks ya....

Thanks getzski. I saw this on TV or learnt from somewhere before - bending knee first before lifting - but it always slip my mind, too anxious want to do the fastest way. I will bear this in mind.

Plan to buy a carpet from ikea.. But be4 I hv time to go, really hv to go get those anti scratch from shop to place on the metal legs 1st., thanks for the reminders.

Now we learnt the painful way..won't anyhow use the thinner Liao.

my painter told me this.

to wipe paint off any surface, try to use water first. if it does not work, then use turpentine, and lastly thinner.

i think thinner is the most abrasive of all.

Thanks..we dun hv turpentine yet.. ID pass us some acid water . Will be more careful w thinner in future.

Thanks getzski. I saw this on TV or learnt from somewhere before - bending knee first before lifting - but it always slip my mind, too anxious want to do the fastest way. I will bear this in mind.

You should be able to find the information from your workplace. every workplace is supposed to have workplace safety prog in place.

Hopefully by next sun, can go through the 'opening ceremony' .. Still long way to go necessity(clothings, etc) still not there.. but everytime we go over, turn on tv n sit by the sofa, so comfortable n refused to go back my mum hse which we temp staying now..Heh

hahha....i was even comfortable to sit on the bare floor. cos this is our own home so there is a sense of satisfaction.

You should be able to find the information from your workplace. every workplace is supposed to have workplace safety prog in place.

I think so. I tend to forget the basic steps, and take the fastest way to complete tasks

I think so. I tend to forget the basic steps, and take the fastest way to complete tasks

nehz...must take care. dont let it become a long term chronic condition. then u'll have problem.

My hb got v shiock holding the thinner and wiping everywhere .. And this is the disaster he created..

045.jpg

At first I thought it's a 50c size when he told me.. But when I checked.. Seriously I felt like changing the whole door..

So .. Finally tried our luck to text ID.. n yes he is arranging the door ppl coming Tom.. Dunno how much can be salvage..

There's another discoloration on tv console also haiz, that certainly cannot be salvage liao

Don't worry, a few coating of the shelleck, it will be back to new. Thinner just wore off the previous shelleck coating... thats all...

Plan to buy a carpet from ikea.. But be4 I hv time to go, really hv to go get those anti scratch from shop to place on the metal legs 1st., thanks for the reminders.

Now we learnt the painful way..won't anyhow use the thinner Liao.

I got it from ikea too...

http://www.ikea.com/sg/en/catalog/products/40191347/

We selected the brown one.....

for those wanting to buy carpets, just a reminder.....

ikea family coupon(10%) last till may 20th. grab your carpets fast!