Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
Leonisation

3 Room Bto

Finally gotten the keys to our first home from the last sales of balance flat exercise. Now is the time to look for IDs/contractor to renovate our house. Been lurking around the forum and finally decided to start my own thread to gather feedbacks from all the gurus here, share my experience thru the process and also hopefully contributing to anyone whom's looking for information for renovation.

So please feel free to comment and provide feedbacks. I'll try to post as much photos as possible as i feel it's a good way to present the info across. Thanks for reading!

First up, my floor plan.

IMG_3373.jpg

IMG_3062.jpg

IMG_3056.jpg

My fiancee dont like the toilet wall tiles. so will be overlaying

IMG_3063.jpg

IMG_3061.jpg

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation

Congrats in getting a flat from sales of balance. Really not easy.... And the flat looks very good in layout. Can have a big big mbr with big wiw!

Searching for IDs. Spoke to the followings:

(i) Donny from Summit. He's partnering James in this project

(ii) Tommy from Ibridge

Going to speak with Andrew from Designer guy

It's really a headache searching for IDs. Anybody has good IDs to recommend??

Congrats in getting a flat from sales of balance. Really not easy.... And the flat looks very good in layout. Can have a big big mbr with big wiw!

Thanks sis! I had been following your thread. Really nice reno! Haha you mean hacking the wall b/w MBR and bedroom 1? We're actually intending to keep the rooms seperated in case anyone wants to stay over and for future kids.

Actually I have headache planning the space for MBR. My fiancee needs a big wardrobe and after putting in the wardrobe, we'll have on around 40cm walking space between wardrobe and bed. haha. Really small. Now contemplating if i should customise the wardrobe as follows. (thingk standard depth is 600mm for wardrobe in order to hang clothes)

CabinetinMBR.png

Congrats, my future neighbour, ghim moh link lol. i am at blk 26, just gotten our keys last week too, for the cement screet are you going to let hdb or your id/contractor do it? i just fix up my air con only and waiting for hdb to lay cement screet for the whole house.

my advice is its not suitable to put such a big wardrobe, unless you have a target bed and gotten the measurement. as you can see our mbr is super small, better to leave more space to walk otherwise the person sleeping near the window side will have to move to other side of the bed to get up, as i that there might not be enough space for a person to move infront of the wardrobe. i think max is around 6-7ft will fix in the mbr,

Congrats, my future neighbour, ghim moh link lol. i am at blk 26, just gotten our keys last week too, for the cement screet are you going to let hdb or your id/contractor do it? i just fix up my air con only and waiting for hdb to lay cement screet for the whole house.

my advice is its not suitable to put such a big wardrobe, unless you have a target bed and gotten the measurement. as you can see our mbr is super small, better to leave more space to walk otherwise the person sleeping near the window side will have to move to other side of the bed to get up, as i that there might not be enough space for a person to move infront of the wardrobe. i think max is around 6-7ft will fix in the mbr,

Hi. I'm getting HDB to do the cement screed. Filled up the form already. Will be calling them up as i heard need to rush them a bit, else might need to wait for a month!! i think a typical wardrobe depth is 600mm so that clothes can be hung properly inside, so factoring a queen size bed in the room, there's not much walking space. That's why i tot of making the portion of the cabinet in front of the bed smaller in depth, but then prob only can put folded clothes.

How are you gg to do your wardrobe in the MBR?

Yup, 600mm is the built in wardrobe size. I think you will have less than 40mm of walking space cos a mattress is 1800 but add in bed frame will be abt 2100-2200 depending how big. Then you left with 2850-2100= 750. Then wardrobe of 600mm then 15mm?? It will not work.

Hi there. I believe the drawing is not based on accurate measurement. The MBR will not be able to put in such a big wardrobe unless you combine two rooms together. Or else you will have very cramp walking space in MBR. Your MBR is almost same dimension as mine. I can only put 6feet wardrobe and king size bed in MBR and left only 600mm walking space. It is already very squeezy. Nobody likes to put the bed near window unless you want to do suntanning at home

Yup, 600mm is the built in wardrobe size. I think you will have less than 40mm of walking space cos a mattress is 1800 but add in bed frame will be abt 2100-2200 depending how big. Then you left with 2850-2100= 750. Then wardrobe of 600mm then 15mm?? It will not work.

Ya agree. was recommended by some ID to get a bed frame w thin head boards. The room is slightly larger at 2900mm in length. If head board thickness is 100mm, then it'll be 2900-1900-600=400mm

which is also very cramped. Therefore thinking of customising the portion of the wardrobe in front of the bed to be say 500mm, then i'll have 500mm walking space. but not sure if it'll work out.

Some other advise to knock down the wall between MBR and bedroom 1 and build a cabinet in its place to act as the partition. But i have reservation against hacking walls

Still figuring how else to fit a cabinet in. My fiancee hope the cabinet is in MBR and not in bedroom 1.

i filled up the form last thur,since then i have not heard from them yet. what no to call?

Hi. I'm getting HDB to do the cement screed. Filled up the form already. Will be calling them up as i heard need to rush them a bit, else might need to wait for a month!! i think a typical wardrobe depth is 600mm so that clothes can be hung properly inside, so factoring a queen size bed in the room, there's not much walking space. That's why i tot of making the portion of the cabinet in front of the bed smaller in depth, but then prob only can put folded clothes.

How are you gg to do your wardrobe in the MBR?

Hi guys, i'm looking for air con at the moment. Anybody know of good aircon contractor to recommend??

get aron lor,

good service..