Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
Leonisation

3 Room Bto

haven update for a while. Finally settled on my ID. Some far find him easy to communicate and has good knowledge. Learnt quite a lot within this period.

Right now we selected the floor tiles and toilet wall tiles (we r overlayin the walls as my fiancee don't like the HDB tiles) and also made prelim laminate selection for the generation of 3Ds.

We selected a number of tiles and place it on the floor to see the color combination. Each toilet will have 3 different tiles

IMG_3482.JPG

The MBR toilet wall tiles. We'll be changing the black tile to another of the same color tone but of smooth surface. This tile will be laid in the shower area so that it's easy to clean and less dirt will stick on the surface

IMG_3484.JPGIMG_3486.JPG

Common toilet wall tiles. We deliberately choose a bright color scheme so as to create 2 different ambiance in the 2 toilets

trying some tiles combination

IMG_3503.JPG

The selected wall tiles

IMG_3495.JPG

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request

Also selected the floor tiles. The lighter shade one. We wanted the condo feel, and find this floor tiles quite appealing

IMG_3507.JPG

Right after selection of tiles we sat in the shop to discuss the laminate colours for all our carpentry.

IMG_3509.JPG

matching the common toilet wall tiles to the vanity surface top and cabinet laminate colours

IMG_3511.JPG

Also just completed the cement screeding yesterday. Slowly towards renovating my dream home!! :)

Also selected the floor tiles. The lighter shade one. We wanted the condo feel, and find this floor tiles quite appealing

IMG_3507.JPG

Right after selection of tiles we sat in the shop to discuss the laminate colours for all our carpentry.

IMG_3509.JPG

matching the common toilet wall tiles to the vanity surface top and cabinet laminate colours

IMG_3511.JPG

Also just completed the cement screeding yesterday. Slowly towards renovating my dream home!! :)

Congrats to u

Btw where is your new plc layout same as mine in casa hahaha

WIW???abit diff left not much space for walking :sport-smiley-004: at least I don't c your having tat bay window leadge like mine....Kana eaten up by those dam designer :furious:

IMG_3511.JPG

I hope you dont mind me asking, the wall tiles you selected is printed? Better check with tile shop to see if the wall tiles can use chemical (acid/turpentine) to wash and clean. Some printed tiles cannot use harsh chemical to clean, the print will get destroy or faded.

CabinetinMBR.png

Main bedroom is too small to accommodate a queen/king bed and a wardrobe, i will suggest open a doorway into the common bedroom to create a WIW cum dressing and study area; main bedroom put bed and feature wall for entertainment (big TV).

Congrats to u

Btw where is your new plc layout same as mine in casa hahaha

WIW???abit diff left not much space for walking :sport-smiley-004: at least I don't c your having tat bay window leadge like mine....Kana eaten up by those dam designer :furious:

Thanks. My place is at ghim moh.

I hope you dont mind me asking, the wall tiles you selected is printed? Better check with tile shop to see if the wall tiles can use chemical (acid/turpentine) to wash and clean. Some printed tiles cannot use harsh chemical to clean, the print will get destroy or faded.

Yes you are right. It was already written some of the selected tiles no acid wash. We checked with ID. Usually acid is used to remove cement stain. As the tiles cannot be acid washed, they will be covered up to prevent accidental staining.

Main bedroom is too small to accommodate a queen/king bed and a wardrobe, i will suggest open a doorway into the common bedroom to create a WIW cum dressing and study area; main bedroom put bed and feature wall for entertainment (big TV).

Thanks :). well i'm planning to use the common room for guest and future kid. So will not be connecting the 2 rooms into 1. After discussion with ID, we decided to swop the position of bed and wardrobe. I'll be having a 7ft wardrobe with about 370-400mm walk space. We'll design the wardrobe such that the portion in front of the bed will be hanging ones for easy retrieve. For the other portion of the wardrobe that's not infront of the bed, we'll design pigeon holes so that the bed will not be blocking access to stuffs placed at the bottommost pigeon hole.

Thanks sis! We has the same ID :)

Oh!! Then I hope that your Reno will be smooth smooth and turn out as you imagine.

I find walking space of 400mm is very small leh. You sure?

Oh!! Then I hope that your Reno will be smooth smooth and turn out as you imagine.

Maybe instead of building wardrobe with sliding doors, can opt for open concept pole system wardrobe, the depth is not fix at 600mm, i mean you measure the width of clothes hanger... so the walking space can be wider. Can put dresser or chest of drawers unit behind of door.

Just a suggest.

Your MBR is really a challenge. What does your ID suggest?

Probably you can do a wardrobe with pole system and curtains as door, so that the space is not taken up by doors, can save a few cm :P . At the same time you won't feel so overwhelmed by the big wardrobe in front of you when sleeping.

How about your living room? I feel that is a challenge too with the space constrain.

Maybe instead of building wardrobe with sliding doors, can opt for open concept pole system wardrobe, the depth is not fix at 600mm, i mean you measure the width of clothes hanger... so the walking space can be wider. Can put dresser or chest of drawers unit behind of door.

Just a suggest.

Your MBR is really a challenge. What does your ID suggest?

Probably you can do a wardrobe with pole system and curtains as door, so that the space is not taken up by doors, can save a few cm :P . At the same time you won't feel so overwhelmed by the big wardrobe in front of you when sleeping.

How about your living room? I feel that is a challenge too with the space constrain.

Thanks all for suggestions. Apologies was away for a while. Please take a look at the first cut 3D and feel free to comment!! :)

MasterSlidingWardrobe.jpg

MasterSlidingWardrobe2.jpg

MasterBath2.jpg

MasterBath1.jpg

I have concerns on safety of glueing mirror on wall. Is it really safe just sticking it on the wall. I checked with ID and he mention there'll be no pre-plastering of wall before sticking. Which means if the wall is uneven, actually the glue contact is reduced. Another way is to stick ply wood on the wall then stick the mirror on the wood so that the adhesion is better. Any one tried this method b4? is it better? It comes with extra cost though. :(

Anyone knows where to get cheap 3M anti glass crack film to stick onto the mirror?

hi there, i wanted a full wall with mirror too. about 17ft x 2metres.

ended up i abandon the idea for the time being cos' my reno cost already exceeded budget.

i've asked a few companies as well as ID, they all said though my mirror is very huge piece, but since my wall is flat and smooth, there's no need for plywood.

if u want plywood, will need to pay another 30-40%!