Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
TenTen

Opennet Installation : Will They Disturb My Front Yard Tiles?

Hi

I am currently renovating my terrace house and realised that the OpenNet Fibre Termination Box is not installed in the house. Call OpenNet and they told me to wait till JULY (but no promise of confirmed date). No wonder they kenna so much complain.

Need your help to understand the installation process. I am laying a new set of tiles for my front yard and plan to complete by June.

1. Will they come in July and ask me to dig up my new tiles for them to install the fibre into the house?

2. Can they use the conduit pipe from SingTel and use that pipe to pull in the fibre with no disturbance to the front yard tiles?

3. Any 3rd party contract can help?

Big headache.

Hope those with experience can help.

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request

Maybe you can ask your main contractor to put a long string into the conduit pipe. So when the open net guy come to install the fiber cable, they can tie the long string to the fiber cable and put it through.

Best is to talk with your main contractor on how best to do it.

Hi Cookcpu

Thanks for your advice.

There is a outlet inside the house where Singtel lays the telephone wire via underground. I called OpenNet and when they came, they laid the fibre from outside the house and came out from this same outlet.

Prior to that, I had already asked my electrical contractor to lay a conduit (under my tiles) from this outlet to my TV/internet point inside the living room. The string was that to allow the Opennet people to pull the fibre into the house without disturbing my tiles.

So, was happy that the job got done without disturbing the tiles...

Sharing my experience and hope this may benefit future renovator who may enquire about this.

The starhub internet via the TV point had a maximum bandwidth of 100mbps and the price is not competitive compared to Opennet.

Opennet is fibre and will be future proof. If you have free opennet installation, you should get it done. Otherwise, you may want to install it if you need it.

Hope this help.