Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
xKimi

Renovation Quote - Help Needed

Hi all, I would like some comments if the quotation I got was reasonable. My flat is a new 4rm BTO so no hacking involved. Materials used would be presumably of a better quality.

A) General:-

1. Painting of whole house using ICI paint - $1200

2. To supply labor to install whole house lights - $450

3. To supply and lay homogenous tiles floor tiles and skirting for hall and passageway - $3000

4. Cement pave to 3 bedrooms - $1400

5. To supply and install aluminium grilles for all window(excluding fixed glass panels) - $750

6. To construct 3" kerb with tiles to 2 bathrooms for bathing area

To supply and install 6ft high tempered glass shower screen - $1600

7. To supply and install Master Bedroom, 5ft length wardrobe, bedroom 2 7ft length bookshelves and bedroom 3 5ft length wardrobe - $4100

B) Living/Dining Room:-

1. To supply and install 2ft wide wooden display unit with eye-ball light - $500

2. TO supply and install 2.5ft length wooden shoe rack - $700

3. To alter lighting point and switches - $200

4. To supply and install 4ft length wooden divider to main doorway - $900

5. To supply and install 10ft length wooden low cabinet below window(Sliding door panel) - $1300

6. To supply and install 9.5ft length TV console

To alter power points, TAS and SCV points - $2000

C) Kitchen

1. TO supply labor to install sink/tap/piping and cooker - $300

2. To lay 2" cabinet base with cementing surface

To lay 2" fridge with tiles finish - $400

3. TO supply and install 10ft length top/bottom cabinet - $2500

4. To supply and install 4 panels aluminum sliding window and grilles to Service Balcony - $800

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request

Hi all, I would like some comments if the quotation I got was reasonable. My flat is a new 4rm BTO so no hacking involved. Materials used would be presumably of a better quality.

A) General:-

1. Painting of whole house using ICI paint - $1200

2. To supply labor to install whole house lights - $450

3. To supply and lay homogenous tiles floor tiles and skirting for hall and passageway - $3000

4. Cement pave to 3 bedrooms - $1400

5. To supply and install aluminium grilles for all window(excluding fixed glass panels) - $750

6. To construct 3" kerb with tiles to 2 bathrooms for bathing area

To supply and install 6ft high tempered glass shower screen - $1600

7. To supply and install Master Bedroom, 5ft length wardrobe, bedroom 2 7ft length bookshelves and bedroom 3 5ft length wardrobe - $4100

B) Living/Dining Room:-

1. To supply and install 2ft wide wooden display unit with eye-ball light - $500

2. TO supply and install 2.5ft length wooden shoe rack - $700

3. To alter lighting point and switches - $200

4. To supply and install 4ft length wooden divider to main doorway - $900

5. To supply and install 10ft length wooden low cabinet below window(Sliding door panel) - $1300

6. To supply and install 9.5ft length TV console

To alter power points, TAS and SCV points - $2000

C) Kitchen

1. TO supply labor to install sink/tap/piping and cooker - $300

2. To lay 2" cabinet base with cementing surface

To lay 2" fridge with tiles finish - $400

3. TO supply and install 10ft length top/bottom cabinet - $2500

4. To supply and install 4 panels aluminum sliding window and grilles to Service Balcony - $800

Hello Kim, i'm new here and saw your post.

Actually the quote you have there is pretty reasonable, but then have u seen the worksmanship of the ID?

Edited by sandywu

After seeing my cousins' renovation, reading the forum with so many complains. I came to understand one thing. Worksmanship, quality and material is the more impt thing when it comes to renovation. Work within your budget. Asking discount, sometimes might compromise the standard of the quality of the work done. Trust me.

"Cheap and good" There will definitely be there, but then if you unlucky. What you get is cheap and bad, in the end, might have to send more $$ to remove and redo.

After seeing my cousins' renovation, reading the forum with so many complains. I came to understand one thing. Worksmanship, quality and material is the more impt thing when it comes to renovation. Work within your budget. Asking discount, sometimes might compromise the standard of the quality of the work done. Trust me.

"Cheap and good" There will definitely be there, but then if you unlucky. What you get is cheap and bad, in the end, might have to send more $$ to remove and redo.

U are absolutely right. It is always better to base on others' referral den to source ourselves. Super dangerous!!

Thanks all for advice and comments.

@sandywu: I will get the contractor to add in specifically for the kitchen top. My contractor abit old school, so might not have been specific. Thanks!

Hidden cost are the killer in renovation, esp to our own pocket. Misunderstanding also occurred at the same time. Old school or new school, Must make sure the job done well, if not gonna regret and waste more money. Cheers