Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
rogeryap

Lighting From Jb

Yes they do have, it's a Philip shop. Not sure about the prices.

Hi there, will the product be taxable when we bring in from custom?

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request

Hi Ben,

What's the damage you pay for your electrical work?

Does your contractor undertake whole house rewiring?

Care to share his contact?

Thanks.

Jay

Jay I'm one of the idiots who paid more than 3k for my bto. It's because all my electrical points wiring are concealed. If its not conceal it would have been half price. I will pm u if you are keen.

I agree with you that the price is very attractive . However my electrician told me that the quality differs from those in sg when he saw my purchaes. Wonder if anyone have such experience?

Hi Ben,

What's the damage you pay for your electrical work?

Does your contractor undertake whole house rewiring?

Care to share his contact?

Thanks.

Jay

they got philips led downlight as well? i m looking at philips downlight. was recommended 100 peice but i think 50 to 70 is enough.

which shop and how much?

I am not sure about other JB lighting shops. 3 of the ceiling lights which we bought from "Best Lighting" shop in JB could not work. We had to make another additional 2 trips to JB to exchange. The bad thing about this shop is they don't allow customers to test our lights in the shops. For 1 light which came with a missing rod piece, they just passed us 1 rod and asked us to fit it into the light by ourselves. They refused to help us fix the rod or exchange that light 1 to 1. :( In the end, we had to ask my electricians to fix the rod for us. I would not recommend my friends to buy lights from that shop due to the unideal service. My electricians did not comment on the difference in the lights when they came for light installation at my house.

On the other hand, the service given by the "Best Home Kitchen and Hardware Solution" shop in JB to us were brilliant. We are very pleased by their service. They allowed us to exchange the custom-made sink to another one though it was no fault of theirs. They also taught my hubby on how to assemble the towel racks and shampoo racks step by step when my hubby asked them.

Address: No 27, Jalan Ros Merah 2/10, Tmn Johor Jaya, JB

Thank you for the reply. I went to Tampoi and bought the lights including Philips lights too. They got a 10% discount for Philips now. Spent a total of $1k rm on 90% of my hdb flat. Had not tried them yet but hopefully no problem.

I agree with you that the price is very attractive . However my electrician told me that the quality differs from those in sg when he saw my purchaes. Wonder if anyone have such experience?

I am not sure about other JB lighting shops. 3 of the ceiling lights which we bought from "Best Lighting" shop in JB could not work. We had to make another additional 2 trips to JB to exchange. The bad thing about this shop is they don't allow customers to test our lights in the shops. For 1 light which came with a missing rod piece, they just passed us 1 rod and asked us to fit it into the light by ourselves. They refused to help us fix the rod or exchange that light 1 to 1. :( In the end, we had to ask my electricians to fix the rod for us. I would not recommend my friends to buy lights from that shop due to the unideal service. My electricians did not comment on the difference in the lights when they came for light installation at my house.

On the other hand, the service given by the "Best Home Kitchen and Hardware Solution" shop in JB to us were brilliant. We are very pleased by their service. They allowed us to exchange the custom-made sink to another one though it was no fault of theirs. They also taught my hubby on how to assemble the towel racks and shampoo racks step by step when my hubby asked them.

Address: No 27, Jalan Ros Merah 2/10, Tmn Johor Jaya, JB

I prefer Tampoi Lightings to StarWorld.

Personally I felt that StarWorld wanted to 'cheat' me.

I wanted to buy a hanging light, and ask for new piece. the price stated at the piece of lighting is RM288. the sales guy came out after checking his stock and mentioned that the one hanging outside is the last piece. When I asked for further discount, he went to ask his colleague. Then he came back to me saying that that is display price. >.<

BUT.. if he managed to get a new piece from his storeroom, I will still be charged at RM288 right? there isnt any indication that RM288 is the last set pricing lor!!

Anyway, i walked back to Tampoi Lighting to get all the lights I required. Their prices are really attractive.

I think it's something call like VIP lighting..pai see forgot the actual name...but it's just have the holiday inn turn...the whole stretch got at least 4 shops..

Hi,

Can try Tampoi lighting or starworld lighting. Both in the same stretch of building. If you want Philips light, Tampoi lighting is also the authorized dealer for Philips, they even have a shop just displaying Philips lights.

tampoi lighting shop at no 2, Jalan Titiwangsa 3/1, taman Tampoi indah or starworld lighting further down the street.

Edited by yhliang

I think it's something call like VIP lighting..pai see forgot the actual name...but it's just have the holiday inn turn...the whole stretch got at least 4 shops..

I went to shop ard in jb for some furniture/lighting etc. I realised that not only furniture u can get good designs and price, lighting also!!

If I'm not wrong, most shops in Singapore sell those downlights for ard $24-28. The shops I went to were selling at the same price, but in RINGGIT!!! That's ard 60% off!! Initially,I wanted to get Phillips downlights as they were selling for ard sgd 33, compared to normal ones sgd 24-28 not much diff, but If I get in jb, it's ard sgd 20 cheaper, if I get 20 sets, I'm gg to,save sgd400!! So heck the Phillips logo!! :P

They also have designer lights as well that look really good and not very ex. Saw a designer fan also very nice(although I think still lose to haiku but for the price I think qt ok) if I can I will try to post.

Which lighting shop did you go in JB? Mind share the name and address?

I went to shop ard in jb for some furniture/lighting etc. I realised that not only furniture u can get good designs and price, lighting also!!

If I'm not wrong, most shops in Singapore sell those downlights for ard $24-28. The shops I went to were selling at the same price, but in RINGGIT!!! That's ard 60% off!! Initially,I wanted to get Phillips downlights as they were selling for ard sgd 33, compared to normal ones sgd 24-28 not much diff, but If I get in jb, it's ard sgd 20 cheaper, if I get 20 sets, I'm gg to,save sgd400!! So heck the Phillips logo!! :P

They also have designer lights as well that look really good and not very ex. Saw a designer fan also very nice(although I think still lose to haiku but for the price I think qt ok) if I can I will try to post.